May 03, 2024, 09:29:33 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

JGE

Quote from: Kazarus on April 06, 2008, 08:34:20 PM
I just ordered my first two games for my new DS. Pokemon Diamond and Apollo Justice. I figured I might as well try the newest game in the Ace Attorney series since it's not part of the PW timeline, thus I won't really have to go back IN POG FORM to piece together a story or anything. If I like this a lot, I'll go back IN POG FORM later and buy the PW games in order.

Next, I'm looking into buying EBA and Nanostray/Nanostray 2.

Since you liked Windwaker you should grab Phantom Hourglass next.

Samus Aran

Quote from: JGE on April 06, 2008, 08:41:30 PM
Since you liked Windwaker you should grab Phantom Hourglass next.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. So that's EBA, Nanostray 1/2, and PH. Possibly Professor Layton too in the new future, since a lot of people seem to enjoy it.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Kazarus on April 06, 2008, 08:46:13 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. So that's EBA, Nanostray 1/2, and PH. Possibly Professor Layton too in the new future, since a lot of people seem to enjoy it.
What about Kirby Canvas Curse or Squeak Squad? baddood;

Tomboh

Quote from: Lawlz on April 06, 2008, 01:55:55 AM
psp's only good game
how the fuck would you know. you only had 5 games
Quote from: Lawlz on April 06, 2008, 01:33:01 PM
Fusion may be the best in the entire series.
psyduck;

the game only lasted me 4 hours.

Samus Aran

Quote from: HUNTER TECTRON on April 06, 2008, 08:47:27 PM
What about Kirby Canvas Curse or Squeak Squad? baddood;

oh god thank you for reminding me

ahhh there's too many games i want smithicide;

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

reeper

Quote from: Lawlz on April 06, 2008, 01:33:01 PM
Fusion may be the best in the entire series.
I disagree only because Super Metroid is and was so awesome for its time.

Super Metroid > Metroid Fusion = Metroid Zero Mission > Metroid Prime > Metroid Prime 3 > Metroid Prime Hunters > Metroid Prime 2 > Metroid II = Metroid

Something like that. Pinball fits somewhere in there.

By the way Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission are all in my 10 top favorite games of all time so yeah. I love those games so much.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kazarus on April 06, 2008, 08:46:13 PM
Seriously, do NOT buy Phantom Hourglass. The controls are terrible, levels are boring, and the palette consists of just six colors for the entire game. I absolutely adore Wind Waker, but Phantom Hourglass is just terrible. YOu could say "well i'm going to get it anyways," or you could use that $30 to buy a much better game like Dawn of Sorrow, Rocket Slime, Picross, Kirby, etc.
Quote from: Tomboh on April 06, 2008, 08:49:00 PM

the game only lasted me 4 hours.
Metroid games are supposed to be short. The first can be beaten in one sitting (if you can bear the terrible game), II in a couple of trips to a toilet, Super in a weekend, and Fusion in a casual week.
Quote from: steal on April 07, 2008, 12:37:09 AM
meaty cocks

I just looked up this turrican on wikipedia, it looks as if it may actually be worth playing befuddlementYou also need both Advance Wars games for the DS, Castlevania: DoS, Meteos, which is great fun whether or not you enjoy puzzle games, and believe me when I say that Mario Kart DS is easily the best game in the series - you DO want it that much.
It really is.

I've know of it for a few years now, but I've not once played any of the games because I'd never seen any for sale. When I saw it at CD Warehouse Saturday, I didn't hesitate to buy it.

It's kind of like a combination between Metroid and Contra, except you're given your full arsenal from the beginning and levels take winding path everywhere.

It's pretty cool.

Also, I have Meteos but it couldn't retain my interest as long as Tetris DS.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: steal on April 07, 2008, 12:37:09 AM
You also need both Advance Wars games for the DS, Castlevania: DoS, Meteos, which is great fun whether or not you enjoy puzzle games, and believe me when I say that Mario Kart DS is easily the best game in the series - you DO want it that much.

I have never tried the Advance Wars series, but I guess I might as well use this opportunity to try one out. Meteos, maybe? I'm not big into puzzle games, but I like a good one now and then.

And I might get MK DS, sure, but it's not a priority, nor are any of your other suggestions. I've got plenty of time to get all these games eventually.

Quote from: UnagiPower on April 07, 2008, 08:54:21 AM
game sucks not even close to wind waker

oh god :'(

strongbad

C.Mongler

UnagiPower

YES IKARUGA COMES OUT IN 2 DAYS OR SO

I'm buying it even though I'd rather have the hard copy since it is $10.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: C Mongler on April 07, 2008, 11:46:31 AM
Metroid Fusion > Super Metroid > All other metroids combined.
yes

But I like the weapons in Super more.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Go Up