May 09, 2024, 11:43:54 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

Quote from: Kazarus on April 03, 2008, 01:58:52 PM
Still replaying Wind Waker.

Such an awesome game. I like it more in every single way than any other Zelda game. I just wish that the little islands were bigger and had more to do, especially the boring Crescent Isle and archipelagos and reefs.

One thing I really love about this game is how much more important the overall timeline of the series is in it. It makes me want a prequel to OoT. I want to see the Master Sword forged. I want to see a young Ganondorf. I want to see the first Link.
Wind waker was an awesome Zelda game except I found it incredibly annoying.

the triforce shards and the amount of sneaking you had to do was annoying as shit.
oh and to sail faster repeatedly open and close your sail.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on April 03, 2008, 02:08:05 PM

the triforce shards and the amount of sneaking you had to do was annoying as shit.
I only hated sneaking in the fort, and I found the game perfect aside from that.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on April 03, 2008, 02:08:05 PM

The triforce shards are really, really easy to find, so I don't see why everyone hates that part. You can find half of them or so before you even go to the wind/earth temples. I already have three of the charts, and I know of at least one other one I could get now if I wanted (inside the Islet of Steel).

You only had to sneak for about a half hour at the Forsaken Fortress the first time you go there. And unless you're stupid and go the wrong way, you should actually be able to run through most of it. You only have to "sneak" past a couple of moblins, and that's easy enough. I will, however, agree that the sneaking is a bit annoying in the first place. It's my least favorite part of the game, but it doesn't bother me much.

Quote from: Kazarus on April 03, 2008, 02:12:30 PM
The triforce shards are really, really easy to find, so I don't see why everyone hates that part. You can find half of them or so before you even go to the wind/earth temples. I already have three of the charts, and I know of at least one other one I could get now if I wanted (inside the Islet of Steel).

You only had to sneak for about a half hour at the Forsaken Fortress the first time you go there. And unless you're stupid and go the wrong way, you should actually be able to run through most of it. You only have to "sneak" past a couple of moblins, and that's easy enough. I will, however, agree that the sneaking is a bit annoying in the first place. It's my least favorite part of the game, but it doesn't bother me much.
eh sneaking isn't fun at all

hated it in call of duty 4, hated it in oot, hated it in wind waker.

loved it in mgs1 because you can choke them to death.

JGE

Quote from: Kazarus on April 03, 2008, 01:58:52 PM
Still replaying Wind Waker.

Such an awesome game. I like it more in every single way than any other Zelda game. I just wish that the little islands were bigger and had more to do, especially the boring Crescent Isle and archipelagos and reefs.

One thing I really love about this game is how much more important the overall timeline of the series is in it. It makes me want a prequel to OoT. I want to see the Master Sword forged. I want to see a young Ganondorf. I want to see the first Link.

Eh, really liked Windwaker at first around the time when I started getting into Zelda but once I reviewed over other Zelda games and just seeing so many things in the game that bothered me at points I just didn't think it was all that great.

Triforce collecting was tedious. Game was WAY too fucking easy, I've needed a guide book (or obtained a guide book somehow anyway) for every Zelda game except for this one and and Link's awakening.also maybe it was the difficulty that caused that but the game was way too short. Not sure why but I did not care for a lot of the dungeons, hated Forbidden Woods, didn't exactly care for Tower of the Gods, hated both of the temples. Good graphics but IMO the game had terrible design that just felt so boring. Unlike Ocarina of Time, Link's awakening, Twilight Princess, and Majora's Mask, I was more in a rush to complete the levels then play through them.

Sailing was cool at first but became shit. In fact I think sailing it self was the first thing I began to hate even when I got the game. Stopping to change directions, fishing wasn't fun, TOO LONG. I remember that going to some places took so long that I went to make a sandwich and just left the game on autopilot. Twilight Princess field was similar to the ocean (Lots of nothingness, but Windwaker had a few pointless islands you can stop and check out. Also replace repetitive station battles with repetitive horse back battles) but I enjoyed it more since it was so easy and didn't exactly take too long to get anywhere. The scenery was also nice, Windwaker had cool graphics but too much LOL OCEAN.

The game presentation and concept is brilliant, but it wasn't a Zelda game I could love. Had it been a original series than I think it would have been a much better direction.

tldr; top 3 favorite Zelda games remain OoT, TP, and LA i think. Can't imagine anything else that I was sort of disappointed by WW but I might remember. Also didn't care for the Ganon in WW.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Lawlz on April 03, 2008, 02:10:47 PM
I only hated sneaking in the fort, and I found the game perfect aside from that.

I took naps while i held the analog stick up with my nose so i didnt have to sit there while i sailed.

Feynman

strongbad

Quote from: UnagiPower on April 03, 2008, 09:13:06 AM
SHUT UP AND BUY IT

Longest handheld game I've ever played and I loved every bit of it.  AWESOME

I just got someone to trade it to me for FF3. Yay, I get it in a few days :)

UnagiPower

Quote from: Lawlz on April 03, 2008, 01:18:37 PM
The first one is terrible, and no, this is the awful GBA sequel.

I only bought it because it was $8 and I honestly don't see how anyone could say this series is so great. It's like 2/5 Contra plus 1/5 Double Dragon plus 2/5 shit you can't even see because everything is just a gory mess of pixels and you can't possibly make out a single sprite as soon as anything even begins to happen.

HA I KNEW I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE

yeah its not fun

UnagiPower

Quote from: JGE on April 03, 2008, 03:31:23 PM
Eh, really liked Windwaker at first around the time when I started getting into Zelda but once I reviewed over other Zelda games and just seeing so many things in the game that bothered me at points I just didn't think it was all that great.

Triforce collecting was tedious. Game was WAY too fucking easy, I've needed a guide book (or obtained a guide book somehow anyway) for every Zelda game except for this one and and Link's awakening.also maybe it was the difficulty that caused that but the game was way too short. Not sure why but I did not care for a lot of the dungeons, hated Forbidden Woods, didn't exactly care for Tower of the Gods, hated both of the temples. Good graphics but IMO the game had terrible design that just felt so boring. Unlike Ocarina of Time, Link's awakening, Twilight Princess, and Majora's Mask, I was more in a rush to complete the levels then play through them.

Sailing was cool at first but became shit. In fact I think sailing it self was the first thing I began to hate even when I got the game. Stopping to change directions, fishing wasn't fun, TOO LONG. I remember that going to some places took so long that I went to make a sandwich and just left the game on autopilot. Twilight Princess field was similar to the ocean (Lots of nothingness, but Windwaker had a few pointless islands you can stop and check out. Also replace repetitive station battles with repetitive horse back battles) but I enjoyed it more since it was so easy and didn't exactly take too long to get anywhere. The scenery was also nice, Windwaker had cool graphics but too much LOL OCEAN.

The game presentation and concept is brilliant, but it wasn't a Zelda game I could love. Had it been a original series than I think it would have been a much better direction.

tldr; top 3 favorite Zelda games remain OoT, TP, and LA i think. Can't imagine anything else that I was sort of disappointed by WW but I might remember. Also didn't care for the Ganon in WW.

AT LEAST WIND WAKER IS FUN

jesus I didn't get past an hour of OoT cause running across the damn fields were BORING

At least with sailing you run into something cool to explore but in OoT AHHHH

best zelda ever is still, fucking oracle of seasons/ages. Both were really fun bosses were damn great, dungeons and puzzles fun, and exploring the other world with all those volcanoes were fun in seasons.

C.Mongler

Quote from: UnagiPower on April 03, 2008, 05:32:16 PM
AT LEAST WIND WAKER IS FUN

jesus I didn't get past an hour of OoT cause running across the damn fields were BORING

At least with sailing you run into something cool to explore but in OoT AHHHH

best zelda ever is still, fucking oracle of seasons/ages. Both were really fun bosses were damn great, dungeons and puzzles fun, and exploring the other world with all those volcanoes were fun in seasons.

uh, you never encounter anything fun while sailing across the huge fucking ocean in windwaker, and though OoT isnt much better at this, it takes a grand total of about 4 minuts to walk from one end to the other, and thats even less if you A) dont have down syndrome or B) have a horse

Quote from: C Mongler on April 03, 2008, 04:00:43 PM
I took naps while i held the analog stick up with my nose so i didnt have to sit there while i sailed.
open and close the sail to sail faster

i didn't know that until later. i just ate food and made lunch

Samus Aran

You guys really need to plan ahead better if you actually take that long to sail. Use the god damn wind waker, and don't plan trips from one end of the sea to the other.

And you can get the Ballad of Gales right after the Tower of the Gods, so it doesn't take very long before you can get everywhere pretty quick.

Quote from: Kazarus on April 03, 2008, 05:53:05 PM
You guys really need to plan ahead better if you actually take that long to sail. Use the god damn wind waker, and don't plan trips from one end of the sea to the other.

And you can get the Ballad of Gales right after the Tower of the Gods, so it doesn't take very long before you can get everywhere pretty quick.
eh i like to see all the islands on the way there
haven't played WW since i beat it a month after it was released. but now i want to play it again.

but i have so many video games to beat:

mgs:ts - have to get the last hot key and beat the boss of the game
mgs2
mgs3
advance wars ds - have like 6 more missions
silent hill 3 - on the subway part, fucking no idea where to go
silent hill 4
the darkness - no idea where to go, have to finish lots of sidequests

looking at my video game collection makes me sick

JGE

Quote from: Kazarus on April 03, 2008, 05:53:05 PM

What are you talking about?

I wouldn't even bother to sail in the game had they given me a forced story segment where I have to. Plus I don't get what you're saying about the Windwaker, obviously everybody uses it cause you know, the ship wouldn't work otherwise..

Go Up