May 08, 2024, 08:04:52 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

I lost a bid on Day of the Tentacle, box and all for PC for $35 shipped.

Fuck that would have ruled.

ncba93ivyase

Lightening Force is probably the greatest shmup on the genesis and definitely the most beautiful game.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on March 14, 2008, 04:37:29 AM
Lightening Force is probably the greatest shmup on the genesis and definitely the most beautiful game.

Sega of America was retarded to even bother renaming that, and then they went and spelled "Lightning" incorrectly to boot.

It'll always be Thunder Force IV to me.

Kalahari Inkantation

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kazanova on March 14, 2008, 12:15:29 PM
Sega of America was retarded to even bother renaming that, and then they went and spelled "Lightning" incorrectly to boot.

It'll always be Thunder Force IV to me.
"Lightening" just sounds so much cooler, and I like the misspelling because the Oxford Dictionary defines it as a drop in the level of the uterus during the last weeks of pregnancy as the head of the fetus engages in the pelvis.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

I just bought ICO. I'll give it to my friend John this summer in exchange for his Dreamcast and all his stuff for it, as well as a bonus PS1 that unfortunately has no games with it.

ncba93ivyase

Also, I got Thunder Force II complete in box for $1.75 on Amazon and Fantasy Zone for the TG16 complete for $15. Fantasy Zone for the TG16 is pretty much a direct port of the arcade version, which is almost entirely different from the SMS one. II is supposed to be the best  and I'll get that later, and then I'll get Super off the VC.
Quote from: Kazanova on March 14, 2008, 11:31:11 PM
I just bought ICO. I'll give it to my friend John this summer in exchange for his Dreamcast and all his stuff for it, as well as a bonus PS1 that fortunately has no games with it.
Fixed.

Also, don't expect to be amazed by the Dreamcast at all. It's fun for 30 minutes, but it fades rather quickly.

Get Bangai-O, and if you like Fighters, Street Fighter III: The Third Strike. Both usually go for quite a bit, but I got mine fairly cheap (like $2) and they're not bad. Bangai-O is impossible to hate but I can't say I love it either.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on March 14, 2008, 11:33:40 PM
Also, I got Thunder Force II complete in box for $1.75 on Amazon and Fantasy Zone for the TG16 complete for $15. Fantasy Zone for the TG16 is pretty much a direct port of the arcade version, which is almost entirely different from the SMS one. II is supposed to be the best  and I'll get that later, and then I'll get Super off the VC.Fixed.

Also, don't expect to be amazed by the Dreamcast at all. It's fun for 30 minutes, but it fades rather quickly.

Get Bangai-O, and if you like Fighters, Street Fighter III: The Third Strike. Both usually go for quite a bit, but I got mine fairly cheap (like $2) and they're not bad. Bangai-O is impossible to hate but I can't say I love it either.

I don't hate every PS1 game the way you do.

And I don't care if I'm amazed by the Dreamcast. I have the money and I want to collect as much as of this stuff as I can while still playing them. Also, yes, I plan on getting SFIII but I'll already have an awesome fighter for it when I get it (he's giving me Marvel vs. Capcom). What the hell is Bangai-O?

Also I want to try Jet Grind Radio.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kazanova on March 14, 2008, 11:36:53 PM
I don't hate every PS1 game the way you do.

And I don't care if I'm amazed by the Dreamcast. I have the money and I want to collect as much as of this stuff as I can while still playing them. Also, yes, I plan on getting SFIII but I'll already have an awesome fighter for it when I get it (he's giving me Marvel vs. Capcom). What the hell is Bangai-O?

Also I want to try Jet Grind Radio.
maybe you could google it

You're some little robot flying around in little areas firing thousands of missiles everywhere. I suppose you could kind of say it's somewhat comparable to Smash TV, except you're placed right inside a large area where you can go anywhere and it often involves solving some little puzzle. I'd say it's the only worthwhile game on the DC.

Also, instead of buying stuff for the sole purpose of collecting it, go more for games you'll want to play. Build up a nice Genesis and Saturn collection first and maybe move on to something like an NES or TG16.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on March 14, 2008, 11:48:00 PM
maybe you could google it

You're some little robot flying around in little areas firing thousands of missiles everywhere. I suppose you could kind of say it's somewhat comparable to Smash TV, except you're placed right inside a large area where you can go anywhere and it often involves solving some little puzzle. I'd say it's the only worthwhile game on the DC.

Also, instead of buying stuff for the sole purpose of collecting it, go more for games you'll want to play. Build up a nice Genesis and Saturn collection first and maybe move on to something like an NES or TG16.

I am getting stuff I want to play. I'm not as picky and whiny about games as you, remember? I like the games I buy, except for the free crappy ones I've gotten as "bonuses" on two occasions. I would never collect just for the sake of collecting.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kazanova on March 14, 2008, 11:52:13 PM
I am getting stuff I want to play. I'm not as picky and whiny about games as you, remember? I like the games I buy, except for the free crappy ones I've gotten as "bonuses" on two occasions. I would never collect just for the sake of collecting.
But not all games you buy are good.

Jet Grind Radio is fun for 30 minutes, everything else for 15, Bangai-O is good for a couple minutes a day for a week.

Samus Aran

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kazanova on March 15, 2008, 12:12:19 AM
But I don't have the same gaming tastes as you, retard.
reaper doesn't really like the DC either and he likes pretty much everything

12 year old kids that don't now what Sega is love the Dreamcast, but a hefty chunk of owners don't think of it as much.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on March 15, 2008, 12:15:24 AM
reaper doesn't really like the DC either and he likes pretty much everything

12 year old kids that don't now what Sega is love the Dreamcast, but a hefty chunk of owners don't think of it as much.

Just because I'll probably only like a handful of the games it has doesn't mean I don't find it worth owning. It doesn't have to be amazing for me to have.

The artist formally known

Quote from: Kazanova on March 14, 2008, 11:31:11 PM
I just bought ICO. I'll give it to my friend John this summer in exchange for his Dreamcast and all his stuff for it, as well as a bonus PS1 that unfortunately has no games with it.
Do you have a PS2?

I don't think thats a good trade unless he has some good shit on the dc

Go Up