May 03, 2024, 05:41:34 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

UnagiPower

Quote from: Lawlz on January 25, 2008, 01:29:34 PM
you have it too?

It seems to take forever to just get minor upgrades and I'm just like myface;. Axelay meets the hype though, so that's good. I just really find it sad they put UN Squadron up, but not Life Force  or a single Darius game.

No but I played it at my uncle's house, who has a lot of SNES, saturn and NES games.
Life Force is good, too bad I'm so bad at shmups.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Placebo Headwound

Just beat No More Heroes today.

Fucking awesomeness put into disc-form. baddood;

ncba93ivyase

jesus christ

I can get through all of Gradius III without taking a hit, but then I get to this boss that has these little flaps it can roll up. It fires out a wall of lasers, and you have to be perfectly in between a row as they fly by. There are four pairs flying through the middle, and you have to try and squeeze through one of the pairs. If you're just a pixel too high or too low, you get three strikes (meaning your shield dies, and if you've already taken a hit to your shield or don't have one, instant death.) Whenever I finally do manage to beat it, I come to an area where the walls drop more than halfway through the screen and at the end a wall flies up. If you don't have a couple of speeds powerups and if you haven't already played the level 934564867546 times, you're killed. Then the walls slam together. Then you fight a boss. Then you go through a tunnel where the walls fly apart into a X that tracks you. Then you fight a boss with landcrawlers. Then you fight another boss with landcrawlers.

What drives me nuts is the thing with the flaps and having to squeeze through, the slamming walls, and if I don't have the charge laser the walls that form an X. I can deal with everything else but these just steal my shields and give me instant death if some little landcrawling bastard runs up.

I MUST RESORT TO CHEATING

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ncba93ivyase

Beat Gradius III and died twice. First time was when I was just being silly in a bonus level, and second was when I got stuck in one of those regenerating walls. I was just using my charge lasers as a barrier and was being careless and cocky.

I now have a grand sense of accomplishment. spam;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on January 26, 2008, 12:04:53 AM
Beat Gradius III and died twice. First time was when I was just being silly in a bonus level, and second was when I got stuck in one of those regenerating walls. I was just using my charge lasers as a barrier and was being careless and cocky.

I now have a grand sense of accomplishment. spam;

I hate that last huge regenerating wall. It almost seems like it depends on a bit of luck to get through it.

Also, it's about time you beat it.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on January 26, 2008, 12:19:42 AM
I hate that last huge regenerating wall. It almost seems like it depends on a bit of luck to get through it.

Also, it's about time you beat it.
The level is just a rip of Life Force's first level, minus the arms that reach out of the ground and the giant teeth. :|

And the fact the wall regenerates a bit faster.

ncba93ivyase

My mommy bought me Gradius V. ^____^

maybe now I won't whine about the PS2 as much.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Jesus on January 25, 2008, 08:32:28 PM
Just beat No More Heroes today.

Fucking awesomeness put into disc-form. baddood;

Is NMH as repetitive as it looks like? I was thinking of buying it yesterday. And is there any replay value?

YPrrrr

Quote from: reefer on January 24, 2008, 08:48:10 PM
If Dark Cloud 2 is the same shit over and over since the beginning of the game, it's pretty boring. I played it for about 3 hours and got bored.

Maybe the weapon combo system is fun later but shit. It was boring. I may pick it up again.
The later game is better somewhat I guess... I didn't think the game was really amazing or anything, but some people seem to really like it, but then others hate it.

mariofreak

Today I got a PS2, two controllers, a memory card, DBZ Budokai 3, and Ratchet and Clank Deadlocked for 50 bucks.

:D

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Birth Man on January 26, 2008, 10:40:52 PM
Today I got a PS2, two controllers, a memory card, DBZ Budokai 3, and Ratchet and Clank Deadlocked for 50 bucks.

Waste of $50
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Birth Man on January 26, 2008, 10:40:52 PM

You got ripped off.

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Lawlz on January 26, 2008, 10:42:08 PM
You got ripped off.

Could have gotten better games but shit, I can't find a PS2 for less than 120.

reeper

Quote from: Captain Yesterday on January 25, 2008, 06:10:48 PM
Bought Trials and Tribulations.
Best fucking PW game yet, better then the 2nd one by far and I'd say it's better then the first.

Beat it last weekend<3

I preordered the Metal Gear 1, 2, and 3 collection for the PS2 for $40 shipped. Not a bad deal.

Go Up