May 11, 2024, 02:53:15 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Metal Black was a pretty good game, but I hated the final boss. It did nothing but shoot out these little ball things that would stretch out and form some barrier, then it'd reabsorb itself and do it again. I beat the game but used about 10 continues alone right there, which was more than every other level combined.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ncba93ivyase

Bought UN Squadron, Phalanx (a supposedly half decent shooter), and Flashback.

$18.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

The artist formally known

Quote from: Lawlz on January 19, 2008, 02:36:35 PM

$18.
I bet if you went to garage sales you might find some half decent games.

Pawn shops as well but you have to talk them into cutting the price. Also Craig's List.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on January 19, 2008, 02:36:35 PM

$18.

Phalanx's box art makes me smile.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on January 19, 2008, 02:39:15 PM
I bet if you went to garage sales you might find some half decent games.

Pawn shops as well but you have to talk them into cutting the price. Also Craig's List.
Pawn shops here have nothing but Xbox games, since the only thing they receive are some private's Madden and Halo collection.

I have a while to go for garage sales, but I'll start checking them out along with this little mexican flea market.

ncba93ivyase

I just beat the first level in Phalanx, and by god, how does a single boss take 10 full minutes to defeat?

The fact it doesn't have any sort of blinking or anything to tell you if you're even doing damage only makes it worse.

ncba93ivyase

I remember a couple months back when I said Actraiser 2 was bollocks. Controls take a lot of getting used to, yes, and it's very difficult, but now I love it. If you can beat the first level, then you've probably got the controls down and it just feels great.

it's like contra but without the guns

ME##

Just bought Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, and I've been playing that. I should also pick up Final Fantasy X and finish it off...

strongbad

You seem like the kind of person who would of beaten FFX forever ago.

Placebo Headwound

Quote from: reefer on January 19, 2008, 12:11:17 AM
I didn't get passed the 3rd level after 20 or so tries.
Wow, you must really suck. 3rd level is easy. befuddlement

And I have the PS2 version. Don't own a PSP.

famy

I've been replaying Killer7 for about a month, little by little.

KonohaShinobi

I am playing through Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue again/for the first time. I stopped half way through the first time, gave it to my nephew who erased my data (little prick) and have now restarted as a psyduck with treecko as a partner.

Weird thing is I hated this game when I first played it but now I find my self playing for 3 hours at a time. It's almost as adductive as D/P. Either/Or  I really  like this game or it's delirium from having a lack of good games to play while waiting for Apollo Justice and Brawl (still...).

Also, looking for Windwaker, probably will pick it up tomorrow with Advance Wars: Days of Ruin if I feel like it.

And thinking of preordering Ninja Gaiden DS just for that badass sword stylus.

The artist formally known

Quote from: not famy on January 20, 2008, 12:09:42 AM
I've been replaying Killer7 for about a month, little by little.
I have it but got pretty bored of it for the first few seconds I played it. Is it actually that good of a game? It seems pretty boring and just awful controls.

I got the first Maximo game, now I have both of the two. $7 shipped.

I suppose I should play them  befuddlement

ncba93ivyase

Kalahari Inkantation

Go Up