May 03, 2024, 06:04:16 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Wrench

Quote from: Lawlz on January 13, 2008, 06:08:35 PM
Should be getting Sky Shark, Zanac, Axelay, Crystalis, and Super Return of the Jedi in a couple of days.

God, I love Reaper.

Is he buying all of those?

Or did I help with you getting Axelay. mango

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: steal on January 13, 2008, 07:34:22 PM
I've got all of them but Super Mario Kart, because every track in Super Mario Kart is unlockable in Super Circuit. Never really felt the need to buy it.
No way. Well, that's the next game I'm gonna buy. powerofone;

JGE

JGE

Placebo Headwound

reeper

I spent some money on the vidya today, here is what I bought.

Fur Fighters: Viggo's Revenge PS2 $5.51
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 $7.19
Beyond Good & Evil PS2 ~$8.00
Donkey Konga Bongo controller ~$3
Donkey Konga Bongo controller ~$3
Dark Cloud 2 ~$13.00

Lost the receipt but thats about what I paid, only one more bongo controller and I can have a 4 player game. God that would kick ass.

Played Dark Cloud, got bored. Too many cut-scenes and the only boss that showed up was another stupid ass cut-scene. Put in Beyond Good & Evil and my memory card hasn't enough room so I tried another card and still not enough so I stopped playing.

Bought Soul Reaver 2 because I remember the first one as a child but only the demo version from PSO or whatever.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Jesus on January 13, 2008, 10:02:43 PM
I say we dipshit Spartan for being a horrible troll.

Again? It's getting a bit tiring. Haven't we dipshitted him like 5 times already?

Maybe he needs his own Ultra Dipshit rank or something.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: WrenchNinja on January 13, 2008, 07:34:34 PM
Is he buying all of those?

Or did I help with you getting Axelay. mango
He bought the last two, and I'm buying the first three, making me only pay half of the total costs for five excellent games.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

KonohaShinobi

Hey guys, where can I find some SNES games for cheap? I am looking for A Link to the Past and Kirby Superstar and Super mario World(which I seem to have lost). Trying to beef up my SNES collection.baddood;

reeper

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on January 14, 2008, 07:01:06 AM
Hey guys, where can I find some SNES games for cheap? I am looking for A Link to the Past and Kirby Superstar and Super mario World(which I seem to have lost). Trying to beef up my SNES collection.baddood;
Gamecrazy, which doesn't sell them anymore really.
Pawn shops
Flea markets
garage sales
Craig's list

ncba93ivyase

Sometimes a crazy bastard will put a rare game up on Amazon for about $10, so it doesn't hurt to check there every once in a while.

And yes, flea markets are usually the best place. You'll often find old men selling boxfuls of games for about $20.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ncba93ivyase

I almost beat Darius Twin today, which is incredibly easy for a shmup, but I got rammed into by a pufferfish while trying to get a shield upgrade and died again because you can't gather any upgrades until about 10 seconds after spawning.

srsly what the shit

reeper

Quote from: Lawlz on January 14, 2008, 04:43:07 PM
Sometimes a crazy bastard will put a rare game up on Amazon for about $10, so it doesn't hurt to check there every once in a while.

And yes, flea markets are usually the best place. You'll often find old men selling boxfuls of games for about $20.
Missed complete Super Castlevania IV for $25 on Amazon.com once.

Okay I just stopped playing Beyond Good & Evil and it makes me miss Psychonauts which I may say fuck it and restart my save. Beyond Good & Evil is fun so far but I can't stand when it's not direct on where to go. Either it's a Zelda or Metroid game where you can figure it out yourself or it's fucking boring to find where to go.

I did some races, bought 2 new ship upgrades, and captured a looter to get bored of finding where to go.

reeper

Also on a couple other games I'm currently playing:

PW3: T&T; Okay, the game is pretty good so far, Just finished the 2nd case and by god that was the longest case ever. It was an awesome case but I'm glad it's done. So far barley into case 3 but it seems a little too far fetched but iI guess I will see.

Rock Band is still awesome, getting the feel of the drums still, playing through the medium songs that are pretty easy for me but I just know I still need to practice though I can complete most half of the hard songs, I just want to get so good at it that I don't have to try too hard to get pasted them. If you're thinking about getting the game, definatly get it if you have some patience because it's a lot of learning. Oh and don't buy it unless you like GH1 and 2. GH3 is a little different so you don't really have to like that one. And of course you'll need friends to fully enjoy it, sorry Lawlz.

Cubivore. Though I haven't played it in days I still do like the game. It seems so normal after playing it for more then 5 hours. Surprisingly lots and lots of strategy is in the game. It's much like the battles in games like God of War but instead of walking with the analog stick you can do one of three things, walk like normal which is very slow, run by holding R but you will get tired very quickly, or hop by pumping the A button. Of course this doesn't mean you'll like Cubivore if you like God of War, I'm just saying the combats are much like each other.

Pikmin 2. I find Pikmin 2 very strange, it's a lot like Pikmin 1 but of course better. I stopped playing after not being able to get to the blue Pikmin because I was too lazy to figure it out. It doesn't tell you how the rules are laid out, which is what I like to do, see what I need to focus on in each video game I play. It seems you can have as many days as you want, unlike the first with a 30 day limit. Once you go into caves or whatever they're called it stops the time and you may free roam without any limit. Once you pop up from the end of the cave the day starts where it left off. I don't like that the game doesn't explain this to you but I suppose it's pretty easy to find this out.

I stopped playing The Darkness because it was pretty boring and it looks like the game is forcing me to complete side quests which is a huge fuck you to me.

I don't think I'm playing many other games right now, stuck on a few final bosses though.

strongbad

I got all 3 of those on ebay for just above 10 bucks each. I would just get them on vitrual console if i were you. You may be able to find them cheaper than 8 bucks elsewhere, but that's still a pretty good deal.

Go Up