May 05, 2024, 02:24:27 PM

1,531,620 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: reefer on January 11, 2008, 12:13:04 PM
I bought Orta for $5 at Gamestop, I suggest you go there and scavenge their bargain bins. Thats what I do. Orta is like $12 on eBay. Maybe you're thinking of Saga.

Read my post again. "If only Saga was at a reasonable price..." caterpie;

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Kaz on January 11, 2008, 12:03:31 PM
Only their softer songs are good, as is mostly the case with Porcupine Tree. Fuck you.

ALSO

My Sega Saturn arrived today so I've been playing Panzer Dragoon Zwei. I also played Virtua Fighter 2 for a bit because it came free with the console and oh god it sucks. I can't figure out how to do any special moves at all and the action is so slow.

And of course, still working on Ikaruga, which I'm still not very good at.

Still tearing my hear out over Ecco, which is only hard because the tasks that they have you do are outrageous and you usually end up running out of air before you can complete them.

Also still playing Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island, Shining Force (which is pretty awesome I must say), and Guitar Hero 3.

Oh, and Metroid Prime 3, but for some reason I haven't played it in a few days. I only had just beaten that ice hunter and then I turned it off.
Virtua Fighter 2 doesn't even have combos. Why everyone praises it and gives it 9/10 is beyond me.

QuoteStill tearing my hear out over Ecco

wat

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lawlz on January 11, 2008, 01:29:25 PM
Virtua Fighter 2 doesn't even have combos. Why everyone praises it and gives it 9/10 is beyond me.

It doesn't? What the fuck?

wat

I think I originally meant to say "tear my ears off" then realized that was stupid so I then tried to change it to "rip my hair out" and something just borked in there somewhere.

caterpie;

reeper

wat
VF2 was impressive at it's time. And none of that 2D bullshit please, yes 2D fighters kicked its ass at the time but it was a great 3D fighter at its time.

Bushido Blade as well.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on January 12, 2008, 03:29:45 AM
VF2 was impressive at it's time. And none of that 2D bullshit please, yes 2D fighters kicked its ass at the time but it was a great 3D fighter at its time.

Bushido Blade as well.
If you think flying around like you're on the moon with just two attacks, sure, it's great.

It wasn't even impressive for its time. I don't think sacrificing beautiful 2D and awesome combos and characters for a few disgusting polygons is a fair tradeoff.  Had they waited for the Dreamcast or late Saturn, it could have been great.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

reeper

Quote from: Lawlz on January 12, 2008, 04:31:00 AM
If you think flying around like you're on the moon with just two attacks, sure, it's great.

It wasn't even impressive for its time. I don't think sacrificing beautiful 2D and awesome combos and characters for a few disgusting polygons is a fair tradeoff.  Had they waited for the Dreamcast or late Saturn, it could have been great.
I agree 2D fighers were better but still doesn't make it any worse. The game was fun when it was out because it was awful but still playable, thought everyone played Bushido Blade before and knew what I was talking about.

Kalahari Inkantation

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 11, 2008, 12:27:08 PM
Well, well, Nanostray 2 comes out in a few days. powerofone;
WAT HOW DID I MISS THIS POST

WHY DO I NOT HAVE 30 DOLLARS RIGHT NOW

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Lawlz on January 12, 2008, 02:52:36 PM
WAT HOW DID I MISS THIS POST

WHY DO I NOT HAVE 30 DOLLARS RIGHT NOW
YOU HAVE DJ'S IT SHOULD ONLY BE $8
also only 2 more days until its out <3

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Luke Atmey on January 12, 2008, 03:12:56 PM
YOU HAVE DJ'S IT SHOULD ONLY BE $8
also only 2 more days until its out <3
DJ's doesn't have everything. They have loads and heaps of every Xbox and PS2 game to ever exist, along with thousands of new movies for pocket change, but there are only like 15 DS games. caterpie;

I'll check anyways.

reeper

Mister Mosquito doesn't work in my crappy PS2 ;_;

blue bottom disc

KonohaShinobi

I remember playing the Mr. Misquito demo on one of those Playstation Magazine discs. It was pretty awesome.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: reefer on January 12, 2008, 05:36:22 PM
Mister Mosquito doesn't work in my crappy PS2 ;_;

blue bottom disc
i'll take it

Also, how about a $15 game like you promised? I've got a couple on my mind.

reeper

Quote from: Lawlz on January 12, 2008, 05:39:54 PM
i'll take it

Also, how about a $15 game like you promised? I've got a couple on my mind.
I'm getting a PS3 in the future so I will be able to play it but lol.

Yes I will buy you some crappy game.  caterpie;

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up