May 08, 2024, 04:28:27 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Punta Tombo on December 21, 2007, 10:00:07 PMHe can't argue at all because he always thinks his opinions are facts.
Looks like Link93476578K92345688 is no better. goonish

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

LINK2K9

Quote from: Lawlz on December 21, 2007, 09:53:02 PM
so a paid reviewer with advertisements up all around the site for the game they're reviewing has a better opinion than just an average consumer psyduck;More Americans agree that Norbit is better than The Fountain. Clearly, Norbit is an excellent movie.

Also, I've already said I don't really think Sega has put out much good since the DC, idort.Lettuce compare Billy Hatcher, Monkey Ball, and whatever else to the regular war games pumped out on a daily basis. Best games ever? No. Fresh? Yes.

Call of Duty 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 54356363262345635,6 43256345634636: Greatest games ever? No. Fresh? No.

in short shut up idort

Wait, wait, wait, wait. So professionals who have degrees in college are not better then a person who only played the SP demo? You could always look at the average reviews of the readers at IGN: 9.3. But they're the general public so they like anything right? But they're better then reviewers? I don't see where you're going. Basically, no one else's opinion matters but your own, correct?

And what does it matter if a game is fresh if it is shit? Great, I can play as a dude dressed in a chicken suit pushing an egg around. Is it fun? Mediocre at best? Since when did originality>fun or vice-versa? I always thought a balance of both was the right fit.

lol lara lol

LINK2K9

Quote from: Punta Tombo on December 21, 2007, 10:00:07 PM
LINK2K9, don't argue with Lawlz.

He's a self-absorbed jackass that thinks he's never wrong. He can't argue at all because he always thinks his opinions are facts.

You're wasting your time.

It's fun though, just seeing how his argument is spiraling into even lower points of stupidity. Sort of reminds me of Nsider.

lol lara lol

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: LINK2K9 on December 21, 2007, 10:05:32 PM
So professionals who have degrees in college
i have a degree in chili making and cleveland steamers

Seriously, tell me what the hell a college degree has to do with an opinion on a game. You're just struggling to construct an argument on why you like a game. psyduck;

You know what's easier? "Multiplayer is great."

psyduck;
Quote from: LINK2K9 on December 21, 2007, 10:06:47 PM
It's fun though, just seeing how his argument is spiraling into even lower points of stupidity.
All thanks to you, you rittle cappy n00bletz omg rolf spam;

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

LINK2K9

Quote from: Lawlz on December 21, 2007, 10:10:38 PM
i have a degree in chili making and cleveland steamers

Seriously, tell me what the hell a college degree has to do with an opinion on a game. You're just struggling to construct an argument on why you like a game. psyduck;

You know what's easier? "Multiplayer is great."

psyduck;All thanks to you, you rittle cappy n00bletz omg rolf spam;

A degree in English usually helps when you're a journalist and I do like to believe that writers in prominent media outlets know a bit more about the industry then the average forum poster.

I've been saying the game is great all along, multiple people have agreed with me. You never said why the game was bad other then "lulz generac", so why should I provide an answer to why I like it? But, for some reason, you just continue to think that your opinion is correct and mine is not. You continually move the topic of our argument so that it is more beneficial to you and you can bring up points about the new topic.

It's all right, I don't expect much from you. Do try to continue.

lol lara lol

Tomboh

Quote from: Lawlz on December 21, 2007, 10:01:11 PM
Looks like Link93476578K92345688 is no better. goonish
I've seen him on arguing on Nsider a few times. He accepts other people's opinions most of the time, unlike you.

You take the fact that one game on average is rated much higher than another, and avoid it saying your own opinion is superior.

Quote from: Lawlz on December 21, 2007, 09:53:02 PM
so a paid reviewer with advertisements up all around the site for the game they're reviewing has a better opinion than just an average consumer psyduck;
Uh, yes. befuddlement

Professional videogame reviewers get to play nearly every game because they get paid to do it. The average consumer doesn't get to play every videogame because they don't have enough money.

One's opinion is more valued when they try more things in a specified field, correct? So why shouldn't a paid reviewer's opinion be valued more?

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: LINK2K9 on December 21, 2007, 10:14:58 PM
A degree in English usually helps when you're a journalist and I do like to believe that writers in prominent media outlets know a bit more about the industry then the average forum poster.
a degree in english helps many things but it doesn't mean a person has a better opinion

many people have degrees in filmmaking but it doesn't mean they make or even watch good movies

In case you haven't noticed, I'm merely going on about how your argument sucks; not necessarily how FPSes suck.

jesus christ it's hilarious when people like you and title try to argue in a moderately intelligent manner  meaty cocks
Quote from: Punta Tombo on December 21, 2007, 10:18:00 PM
Professional videogame reviewers get to play nearly every game because they get paid to do it. The average consumer doesn't get to play every videogame because they don't have enough money.
one is funded by developers of games

one honestly reviews a game they spent half a hundred on

Tomboh

Quote from: Lawlz on December 21, 2007, 10:20:10 PM
one is funded by developers of games

What does getting funded by developers have to do with how they review a game? I never heard of a developer cutting off funding because they got a bad review.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Punta Tombo on December 21, 2007, 10:24:27 PM
What does getting funded by developers have to do with how they review a game? I never heard of a developer cutting off funding because they got a bad review.

hay eidos is our prime advertiser this month and we're getting kane and lynch today you know what to do

LINK2K9

Quote from: Lawlz on December 21, 2007, 10:20:10 PM
a degree in english helps many things but it doesn't mean a person has a better opinion

many people have degrees in filmmaking but it doesn't mean they make or even watch good movies

In case you haven't noticed, I'm merely going on about how your argument sucks; not necessarily how FPSes suck.

jesus christ it's hilarious when people like you and title try to argue in a moderately intelligent manner  meaty cocksone is funded by developers of games

That how do we decide on what opinion matters? You've said reviewer's opinions (Because all reviewers are money hatted right? That explains Gerstmann getting fired?) don't matter and the general public's opinion doesn't matter, so what? What opinion is left except for your own?

Just stop denying it and accept that the only opinion that matters to you is your own opinion.

lol lara lol

LINK2K9

Quote from: Lawlz on December 21, 2007, 10:26:21 PM
hay eidos is our prime advertiser this month and we're getting kane and lynch today you know what to do

I wonder if Gamespot changed the score? Oh wait, they haven't.

lol lara lol

Tomboh

Quote from: Lawlz on December 21, 2007, 10:26:21 PM
hay im getting a new game today. time to say its shit so i can get some publicity over the internet

Does that seem kind of stupid to say? Yeah, it does. I'm assuming that I know what goes through the head's of those certain "average consumer" reviewers. Just like how you're assuming you know how professional reviewing works even though you never worked as a professional reviewer.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: LINK2K9 on December 21, 2007, 10:26:47 PM
Just stop denying it and accept that the only opinion that matters to you is your own opinion.
when did i say it didn't psyduck;

I have over 300 games, probably nearing 400 by now. I don't care what some "pro gamer" kid with only an Xbox 360 and PS2 with a "whopping" 8 games has to say, nor do I really care much about what a reviewer has to say. If they like those games, okay. If they hate those games, okay. If I'm looking for some new games to try out, I might check out what a couple of reviewers have to say to just get a general idea of whether I might like it or not. Will I like a game because every review site gives it a ten out of ten? No, I'm not a retard. Will I like it because I, neither a hired reviewer or your average casual gamer, enjoys it? Yes.

If you like a game, okay. I reserve the right to bitch about it. You reserve the right to bitch about Sega. Tell me where the hell it states I have to just say "oh awesome" that you enjoy a mediocre game instead of honestly saying what I think, because I can't find that law/statute/ordinance anywhere. befuddlement

now shut up and get out of my forum

LINK2K9

Quote from: Lawlz on December 21, 2007, 10:34:10 PM
when did i say it didn't psyduck;

I have over 300 games, probably nearing 400 by now. I don't care what some "pro gamer" kid with only an Xbox 360 and PS2 with a "whopping" 8 games has to say, nor do I really care much about what a reviewer has to say. If they like those games, okay. If they hate those games, okay. If I'm looking for some new games to try out, I might check out what a couple of reviewers have to say to just get a general idea of whether I might like it or not. Will I like a game because every review site gives it a ten out of ten? No, I'm not a retard. Will I like it because I, neither a hired reviewer or your average casual gamer, enjoys it? Yes.

If you like a game, okay. I reserve the right to bitch about it. You reserve the right to bitch about Sega. Tell me where the hell it states I have to just say "oh awesome" that you enjoy a mediocre game instead of honestly saying what I think, because I can't find that law/statute/ordinance anywhere. befuddlement

now shut up and get out of my forum

Then what the hell are we arguing about? Dammit to hell make up your fucking mind. Obviously some opinions matter to you if you have to bring them up against my argument, but whatever. It's not like you haven't contradicted yourself before.

You're the one that started this argument and dragged it to this low state of stupidity by continually ignoring all of my points and brining up your own shitty points.

Oh well, +1 lolz.

lol lara lol

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: LINK2K9 on December 21, 2007, 10:40:40 PM
You're the one that started this argument and dragged it to this low state of stupidity by continually ignoring all of my points and brining up your own shitty points.
Your point: lol colig maeks ur epeen beterd spam;

My point: dick butt

Go Up