April 26, 2024, 05:02:21 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

strongbad

i've been on a switch game buying rampage lately

here is what i've purchased/played & my thoughts

tetris 99:
game i have played by far the most. this is the game that made me want a switch (and it's free lol) and the execution is even better than i'd imagined. i played a fuck ton of tetris ds back in the day and it is pretty satisfying to get back into and realize how much room for improvement i have (still working on my t-spin setups). i've gotten 2nd place like 5 times but no 1st lol

mario kart 8 deluxe:
haven't played a mario kart seriously since MKWii. love the polish and it feels almost as good as mario kart ds (my fav). like the drifting mechanics a lot. also thought i would be put off by the glider and hover shit but it really isn't that bad. am a little overwhelmed by the customization options but once i found a decent build and stuck with it the game was a lot more fun. online is cool to but it would be 1000x better with some sort of ranking lol. currently going through all the grand prixs on 150cc which is fun

FFXII:
played the ps2 version a little bit and always liked what it was trying to do. couldn't really get into the switch version right off the bat but i think it will be great when i am on an airplane or some shit and i have a chance to really sink my teeth in

dead cells:
lots of hype around this one, and i am a huge roguelike/lite fan. feels polished but it hasn't quite sucked me in like other roguelites. not a fan of passive progression between runs (feels cheap imo) but i'm sure i'll get into this at some point and really enjoy it

trials rising:
played the SHIT out of trials hd on xbox 360 when i was in highschool and haven't touched the series since. the mechanics and tracks are super fun but JESUS why does this game need lootboxes and a world map with "contracts?" liked the simplicity of trials hd where it was just a list of tracks and i would compete for times. the same game is there but it feels like ubisoft ruined it with excessive customization and loot boxes. also don't like that i need a ubisoft account to play online. overall liking the game a lot and am excited to get involved online

steredenn:
this was a random buy because it looked cool and was on sale but i am really glad i got it. i've always wanted a well executed shmup roguelite and this game kills it. really hard, but that's as expected. excited to play local co-op irl.

pikuniku:
was scrolling through the shop w/ my gf looking for a game we could enjoy together. bought this with no prior knowledge, only that it looked cute and had local multiplayer. the coop is really fun for what we wanted and it game is very cute. good girlfriend game. the adventure mode looks neat to and i think we will enjoy going through it together

ok i am done buying switch games for a while. this console has exceeded my expectations so far. have been a pc guy for the past couple years and it's pretty refreshing to play on a neat console like the switch now.

C.Mongler

Nyerp

beat the messenger on switch. good game, but not every 2d indie sidescroller needs to be a metroidvania. especially in this game where it feels especially forced since the genre of the game completely changes halfway through and it feels like pure filler.

6M69I69B9

Quote from: antmaster5000 on May 16, 2019, 09:03:27 AMi've been on a switch game buying rampage lately

here is what i've purchased/played & my thoughts

tetris 99:
game i have played by far the most. this is the game that made me want a switch (and it's free lol) and the execution is even better than i'd imagined. i played a fuck ton of tetris ds back in the day and it is pretty satisfying to get back into and realize how much room for improvement i have (still working on my t-spin setups). i've gotten 2nd place like 5 times but no 1st lol

mario kart 8 deluxe:
haven't played a mario kart seriously since MKWii. love the polish and it feels almost as good as mario kart ds (my fav). like the drifting mechanics a lot. also thought i would be put off by the glider and hover shit but it really isn't that bad. am a little overwhelmed by the customization options but once i found a decent build and stuck with it the game was a lot more fun. online is cool to but it would be 1000x better with some sort of ranking lol. currently going through all the grand prixs on 150cc which is fun

FFXII:
played the ps2 version a little bit and always liked what it was trying to do. couldn't really get into the switch version right off the bat but i think it will be great when i am on an airplane or some shit and i have a chance to really sink my teeth in

dead cells:
lots of hype around this one, and i am a huge roguelike/lite fan. feels polished but it hasn't quite sucked me in like other roguelites. not a fan of passive progression between runs (feels cheap imo) but i'm sure i'll get into this at some point and really enjoy it

trials rising:
played the SHIT out of trials hd on xbox 360 when i was in highschool and haven't touched the series since. the mechanics and tracks are super fun but JESUS why does this game need lootboxes and a world map with "contracts?" liked the simplicity of trials hd where it was just a list of tracks and i would compete for times. the same game is there but it feels like ubisoft ruined it with excessive customization and loot boxes. also don't like that i need a ubisoft account to play online. overall liking the game a lot and am excited to get involved online

steredenn:
this was a random buy because it looked cool and was on sale but i am really glad i got it. i've always wanted a well executed shmup roguelite and this game kills it. really hard, but that's as expected. excited to play local co-op irl.

pikuniku:
was scrolling through the shop w/ my gf looking for a game we could enjoy together. bought this with no prior knowledge, only that it looked cute and had local multiplayer. the coop is really fun for what we wanted and it game is very cute. good girlfriend game. the adventure mode looks neat to and i think we will enjoy going through it together

ok i am done buying switch games for a while. this console has exceeded my expectations so far. have been a pc guy for the past couple years and it's pretty refreshing to play on a neat console like the switch now.

glad youre enjoying it so far

lol and i havent touched tetris 99 in a long ass while
but chimed in to see if i still got it since people have had time to practice
#1 on my second try whoooo
im a degen 4-liner though, but i should implement more t-spin stuff though.  i just suck doing it in the moment
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

strongbad

Lol yeah that's all I did when I tried to be "competitive" back in the day. I think if I focused my builds only on 4 liners I could get a win eventually but it's too fun to go for fancy shit

Been watching tafo's Tetris videos and liking them. Funny because I never really liked his melee content but he is a good educator for tetris stuff

Also bought street fighter collection since it was on sale lol cmong let's play 3rd strike some time

C.Mongler

aight im fuckin shit at video games but you can put it in my ass daddy

6M69I69B9

Quote from: antmaster5000 on May 17, 2019, 06:56:33 AMLol yeah that's all I did when I tried to be "competitive" back in the day. I think if I focused my builds only on 4 liners I could get a win eventually but it's too fun to go for fancy shit

Been watching tafo's Tetris videos and liking them. Funny because I never really liked his melee content but he is a good educator for tetris stuff

Also bought street fighter collection since it was on sale lol cmong let's play 3rd strike some time
lol same
hes actually chill in his streams whenever i chime in

also the new skin is nice to have from the recent event, sort of caught me off guard and had to get used to them after a few games.

Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

Nyerp

got cuphead and sekiro because i love pain

ME##

strongbad

Quote from: C.Mongler on May 17, 2019, 07:11:30 AMaight im fuckin shit at video games but you can put it in my ass daddy
u and YPR i just got the pokken controller in the mail and am thinking about ordering a proper fightstick too even though i havent tried that out yet lol

looks like this is the best bang for your buck:
https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Arcade-Stick-Android-Switch/dp/B07CXJ77DT

but ya cmong or ypr or anyone hit me up if you wanna play some old school SF on switch hocuspocus;

C.Mongler

i didnt know mayflash made a stick that worked with every console with sanwa parts thats p cool, lemme know if u end up getting it and it is fire baby  goodjob;

and yeah ill let u know, after this weekend i should have more free time!!!

YPrrrr

I would love to play but all of my controllers are not very good for SF so you'd probably roll me! Can't even haduken very well on these joy cons

C.Mongler

i disconnected all of my consoles except for my xboneX, ps4, switch, and wii u lol. i'm going to make an effort to get my wii u in shape as the PRIMO nintendo emulation station so i dont have to hookup the old stuff anymore. hopefully the 4tb drive i price error copped ships lol but imma but a fuckton of wii, GC, n64, games n more on the bitch if it do.

mostly my entertainment system was too cramped and i am putting in some new surround sound speakers that i needed room for. everything is in a cabinet nearby if i wanna play smash 64 or some shit, but yea im a grown up now!!

YPrrrr

Quote from: C.Mongler on May 21, 2019, 06:44:11 AMi disconnected all of my consoles except for my xboneX, ps4, switch, and wii u lol. i'm going to make an effort to get my wii u in shape as the PRIMO nintendo emulation station so i dont have to hookup the old stuff anymore. hopefully the 4tb drive i price error copped ships lol but imma but a fuckton of wii, GC, n64, games n more on the bitch if it do.

mostly my entertainment system was too cramped and i am putting in some new surround sound speakers that i needed room for. everything is in a cabinet nearby if i wanna play smash 64 or some shit, but yea im a grown up now!!
ever come into money one of the first things I want to do if figure out some way to hook up all that shit in a way that looks neat without 10 billion wires and shit everywhere.

I guess really just an emulator box would do that really but I'm an idiot and like the real hardware

6M69I69B9

Quote from: YPrrrr on May 14, 2019, 08:44:36 AMI am playing smash with a guy that hosts a weekly tournament this week and I am so worried he's going to blast me lol

how did that go

Go Up