May 11, 2024, 07:51:09 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

strongbad

the backlit ones are pretty tight

you think better than the micro? certainly comfier

C.Mongler

ive never had a micro so i dunno; looking at it tho it seems way too fucking tiny to be comfortable for long periods. that and micros are even more expensive than back-lit gen 1 models. plus i just really like/have nostalgia for gen 1s since it was the only gba i ever had (yea i was a pleb wutever)

TooB

I kinda wanna get Agents of Mayhem.... it's essentially another Saints Row game.

I gotta do more research on it tho.

Thyme

civilization VI, which i finally got at an acceptable price on bundle stars hocuspocus;

Thyme

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

they sure know their target audience goowan

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

C.Mongler

damn i kinda wanna scoop. i still have my old big ass 3ds  i can trade in to negate some of the damage too; we'll see if i can get a preorder i guess

TooB

August 08, 2017, 08:53:35 AM #19912 Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 09:23:00 AM by Big Goop
I only really want the music cd, so I will pre-order the premium edition for $80

Edit: well, seeing as how the big boy edition was available on amazon, I preordered that too. We'll see which one I get when it's closer to release.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Big Goop on August 06, 2017, 09:03:46 PM
Quote from: Nico Yazawa on August 06, 2017, 08:55:13 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on August 06, 2017, 04:25:21 PM
it's complete trial-and-error akudood;

true lmao

9 takes the same approach to stage hazards
which parts?

i mean, 9 has a lot of stage hazards in general. i don't really remember a lot of them offhand, but like...that fucking trial-and-error jump off the swinging platform in crystal man's stage, wtf. and there are quick man-style (well, kind of) beams in wily's castle. probably plenty of other stuff i'm forgetting too

i actually feel like 9 is a better made game than 2 tho despite trying so hard to emulate it. but i still kinda like 2 more.

TooB

I never felt those swinging platforms were "trial and error." Just a legitimately difficult jump.

Honestly I don't remember wilys castle too much in 9.

TooB

The only things in general (that I can think of) that are trial and error in all megamans, is the disappearing blocks, but even then, you can study them to find the pattern, with the clear exception being heat mans stage.

Tbh, I legitimately believe mm2 has the most, and most unfair, trial and error challenges.

TooB

I gotta give props to Megaman 7 for having one of the hardest Wily fights ever...
and..
[spoiler]for Megaman actually attempting to kill wily! [/spoiler]

Nyerp

August 08, 2017, 08:25:55 PM #19917 Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 08:38:07 PM by Nyerp
yeah heat man's disappearing blocks section was the most bullshit part of the game after the quick man beams. (unless...could you use flash man's time stop power to get through that part easily? idk since i did quick man before flash man, but if you can then that's a game changer)

anyway just beat mega man 2 thumbup; it was def easier than mm1, no yellow devil and it even saved your progress on the boss rush if you died wtf

Nyerp

[spoiler]tfw you find an old game series you can actually enjoy because it has no continues and you're a huge FUCKING casual wrench;[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

No shame in that. srsly

[spoiler]

and imo 3 is even better than 2[/spoiler]

Go Up