May 08, 2024, 01:58:56 PM

1,531,623 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on May 18, 2017, 03:10:13 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on May 18, 2017, 03:05:23 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on May 18, 2017, 02:48:27 PM
john i need you to answer my nier questions in my above post

[spoiler]also why does the second playthrough try to make you feel bad about killing shades when they're 100% hostile towards you all the time and you have no choice but to kill them? this game's story is flawed as fuck and i hope automata is better in this regard because i just bought it LOL[/spoiler]
dude, that's a lot to answer and I don't really wanna type out all that.

All I can do is recommend watching a story analysis video somewhere to help you out, minding that there's some spoilers for Drakengard, though I'm betting you don't care to play those.

and reading the in-game notes might help.

I can't pretend Nier's story is well put together in-game, much of it is kinda left to interpretation, and at this point, just finish ending c, and create a seperate file before finishing it so you can easily reload it to get ending D. I assume you have all weapons?

ok lol sorry

i already knew about the game's connection to drakengard but yeah i guess i'll do some wiki-diving after i get the next 2 endings

yeah i got all the weapons
yeah, that's good, cause you need all weapons to get ending c and d

Make sure you pick the TOP option first at the end of the 3rd playthrough. You'll know why when you pick the bottom choice

Nyerp

[spoiler=my final nier rant]i feel punished for playing through for the 3rd time

ending C takes the bit of happiness at the end of ending B and shits all over it by killing kaine. thought you were going to get a happier ending? FUCK you

i can be okay with a bittersweet ending, but there was still another option: ending D. this ending punishes you for ever even touching the game in the first place. like, what the fuck. it's also not really earned by anything established in the plot. (okay so there's actually a way to cure shade possession but involves obliterating yourself from existence?? how the fuck does tyrann know about this??? what does tyrann even do to you that literally erases you from the universe?) a lot of things in this game work emotionally, but not logically, which i guess means i just shouldn't be thinking hard about anything in it at all.

moral of the story: nier is an interesting game, but DO NOT PLAY IT

can't wait to be similarly both enthralled and enraged at the sequel!!![/spoiler]

TooB

If you feel that way, I would suggest not playing ANY Yoko Taro game.

TooB

While Automata has significant improvements, it's still a Nier game.

So I guess set your expectations accordingly

Nyerp

Quote from: Big Goop on May 19, 2017, 04:05:20 PM
If you feel that way, I would suggest not playing ANY Yoko Taro game.

i am absolutely not going to touch any drakengard game but i of course plan on playing automata

to clarify, i don't at all regret my first two playthroughs of nier. but those last two endings just felt like a middle finger lol

also i think i figured out a few things that bugged me about the backstory after re-reading the endgame documents, but not everything

TooB

No, I didn't think you completely hated it or anything, but just giving a mild warning. Automata is better tho

Thyme

so now that it's been out for a while and its price is down a bit... was final fantasy xv any good?

Nyerp

TooB

Quote from: Thyme on May 19, 2017, 05:42:45 PM
so now that it's been out for a while and its price is down a bit... was final fantasy xv any good?
yarp

Good enough for me to wanna platinum it

C.Mongler

combat is great, story and characters are hot garbage

worth for 30 bucks or less i'd say tho

Thyme

Quote from: C.Mongler on May 19, 2017, 10:13:51 PM

combat is great, story and characters are hot garbage

this seems to be a theme this gen for AAA games

...well ok the only two other examples i got are mgs5 and deus ex mankind divided but still

TooB

Story may be hot garb, but I at least like the characters

TooB

I still love that Kaz once said this

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

kaz was right[/spoiler]

TooB

Go Up