May 08, 2024, 07:27:52 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on May 15, 2017, 09:56:35 PM
got ending A in nier but i missed like 1 weapon oops

honestly the game was pretty repetitive so i'm wondering if i should even start a second playthrough, even if the plot twists were interesting
i think you should, because in the other playthroughs, you start from the halfway point, you see the whole story, and you don't have to do all the sidequests, or any for that matter, unless one was for the weapon you missed.

It goes by a lot faster, trust me, and I feel it's worth seeing the whole thing

yeah, you still have quite a bit of running around to get those "keys" again, but now that you know how to get through it all, it's much quicker.

Nyerp

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on May 15, 2017, 10:04:31 PM
o-okay john-san
I mean, it's just my suggestion.

If you really didn't like it all that much, don't worry about it.

TooB

New Fire Emblem is getting a lot of 7-8's

C.Mongler

lol i preordered the limited edition for some reason probably wont open it and might resell if the value dubbz like fates/conquest did

buuuuuuuuuuut i can currently buy it on gamestop still so probably gonna be a while for that. which is fine cuz i havent even opened my copy of fates yet lel

Samus Aran

wawi

TooB

Did you like that I lied to you?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Big Goop on May 17, 2017, 07:22:32 PM

i mean, i didn't believe you to begin with lol

i would have been genuinely surprised if the spider mastermind wasn't the final boss. the fight itself was kinda lame tho tbh, cyberdemon was more fun

Quote from: wawi on May 17, 2017, 06:58:03 PM
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on May 17, 2017, 05:37:34 PM
finished doom 2016 wrench;

how'd you like it

pretty gr8 game

Nyerp

May 17, 2017, 09:16:18 PM #19674 Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:00:59 PM by Nyerp
Quote from: Nyerp on May 15, 2017, 09:56:35 PM
got ending A in nier but i missed like 1 weapon oops

honestly the game was pretty repetitive so i'm wondering if i should even start a second playthrough, even if the plot twists were interesting

got ending B...

[spoiler]assuming the shadowlord's goal is to possess the main character (is his name nier? i don't fukkin know), why does he kidnap yonah and do fuck all for 5 years instead of just trying to kill his shell and take over?

why do devola and popola send you on a runaround for the stone keys if it involves killing tons of shades? i thought they were on the shades' side?

why does ending B not show a more complete ending for kaine after it told me her backstory and introduced the shade possessing her as a voiced "character?"

idk if i missed it, but why do the not-humans know nothing about what happened to the world? if there was an apocalypse that destroyed all known civilization, how did both the replicants and gestalts survive, and why do only the shades seem to know the truth?

why do i have to go through the lost shrine two full times and go in and out of the junk heap to deliver the shitty voice acting kid his stupid materials on all subsequent playthroughs?

why is the game so fucking easy on normal mode?

WHY?[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on May 17, 2017, 08:44:28 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on May 17, 2017, 07:22:32 PM

i mean, i didn't believe you to begin with lol

i would have been genuinely surprised if the spider mastermind wasn't the final boss. the fight itself was kinda lame tho tbh, cyberdemon was more fun

Quote from: wawi on May 17, 2017, 06:58:03 PM
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on May 17, 2017, 05:37:34 PM
finished doom 2016 wrench;

how'd you like it

pretty gr8 game
oh, well excuse me.

You know who was even more fun than cyberdemon?

Hell Knights.

Nyerp

May 18, 2017, 02:48:27 PM #19676 Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:52:07 PM by Nyerp
john i need you to answer my nier questions in my above post

[spoiler]also why does the second playthrough try to make you feel bad about killing shades when they're 100% hostile towards you all the time and you have no choice but to kill them? this game's story is flawed as fuck and i hope automata is better in this regard because i just bought it LOL[/spoiler]

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on May 18, 2017, 02:48:27 PM

[spoiler]also why does the second playthrough try to make you feel bad about killing shades when they're 100% hostile towards you all the time and you have no choice but to kill them? this game's story is flawed as fuck and i hope automata is better in this regard because i just bought it LOL[/spoiler]
dude, that's a lot to answer and I don't really wanna type out all that.

All I can do is recommend watching a story analysis video somewhere to help you out, minding that there's some spoilers for Drakengard, though I'm betting you don't care to play those.

and reading the in-game notes might help.

I can't pretend Nier's story is well put together in-game, much of it is kinda left to interpretation, and at this point, just finish ending c, and create a seperate file before finishing it so you can easily reload it to get ending D. I assume you have all weapons?

Nyerp

Quote from: Big Goop on May 18, 2017, 03:05:23 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on May 18, 2017, 02:48:27 PM

dude, that's a lot to answer and I don't really wanna type out all that.

All I can do is recommend watching a story analysis video somewhere to help you out, minding that there's some spoilers for Drakengard, though I'm betting you don't care to play those.

and reading the in-game notes might help.

I can't pretend Nier's story is well put together in-game, much of it is kinda left to interpretation, and at this point, just finish ending c, and create a seperate file before finishing it so you can easily reload it to get ending D. I assume you have all weapons?

ok lol sorry

i already knew about the game's connection to drakengard but yeah i guess i'll do some wiki-diving after i get the next 2 endings

yeah i got all the weapons

TooB

Nyerp

[spoiler]as for automata, aside from obvious gameplay improvements, the story is, to me, better put together, but it does still have some of those weird, not quite fully explained things in it.

Judging from your current opinions on Nier, I think you'll like Automata better, but I'm not sure how much[/spoiler]

Go Up