May 08, 2024, 10:12:14 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Samus Aran

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB

Got Resident Evil 7 for my b-day!

Too scared to play it tho

Kalahari Inkantation

last obtained: breath of the wild happydood;

also [glow=black,2,300]twilight princess hd[/glow], very much ashamed of myself for that purchase

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on February 27, 2017, 02:53:18 PM
Apparently, Nier Automata has a jab on the Nintendo 64, as an item in the game described as "trash."

And also, apparently due to "fan backlash," the devs will patch the game to change the name of the item.

Aren't gamers the best?

somehow i'm not surprised, """gamers""" love getting offended on behalf of billion-dollar corporations

though personally i can't help but wonder why the beef with the n64 in particular lol

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 28, 2017, 06:43:36 AM
yeah most n64 games aged like shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

especially the first person shooters. a few platformers (banjos & mario 64) and the zoldos are really the only things that stood the test of time and even then

don't you dare forget star fox 64

strongbad

Quote from: ADX on March 04, 2017, 07:17:03 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on March 03, 2017, 09:43:30 AM
halo is the oldest fps that is also still playable imo
wrong.gif

id still play quake lan if i could

youd have more fun with a halo 2 lan

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on March 05, 2017, 05:16:41 AM
Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on March 05, 2017, 01:29:16 AM
Quote from: Tectron on March 05, 2017, 01:02:27 AM
(pre-baked or not)

what does this mean
Tec is about that 420 life now.

lol

Quote from: Shinobu Oshino on March 05, 2017, 01:29:16 AM
Quote from: Tectron on March 05, 2017, 01:02:27 AM
(pre-baked or not)

what does this mean

physical effects in games are either calculated in real time, or merely simulated via animation

most modern games use a combination of the two, but games like skyrim or gta iv (and more recently, botw) for example have highly advanced physics engines for gameplay reasons and rely on real-time processing of such effects pretty much at all times

real-time calculation looks and behaves far more realistically and allows for more variable gameplay, but it's also far more demanding on the hardware, whereas physical effects simulated by animation are not computationally expensive, but naturally also much less realistic and less applicable to gameplay

"pre-baked" physics are a compromise between the two that allows for realistic-looking physical effects without the computational expense: physics-heavy events are calculated first on a much more powerful machine than the target hardware, and then the animation data generated within that more powerful engine is copied over into the target game for a believable effect that does not require real-time processing each time

i can only speculate on what is and isn't computed in real time in a game like re4, but effects like basic clothing and hair physics are the sorts of things that are easy to "pre-bake"

whereas the physics of shooting a projectile like a handaxe out of the air seems like it must be processed in real time

basically i think re4 has excellent animation and JUST enough neat fissix trix to impress you, especially if you're playing in 2005

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Big Goop on March 05, 2017, 05:19:04 PM

and speaking of resident evil, i do kind of want re7

but jesus christ i'm such a crybaby with horror scenarios, and re7 looks absolutely terrifying

also happy birthday john vuvudood;

TooB

Thanks tec! It's totally spoopy. I can't imagine trying to play re7 in VR...... :(

Joice

downloading horizon zero dawn right now, it's taking forever omfg

YPrrrr

Since I finally beat uncharted 3 afterms much procrastination, I went ahead and beat uncharted 4. Very fun. Dragged towards the end though.  If I'm ranking them it's UC 2 > 4 > 3 > 1 although that's probably pretty standard.

Now onto Horizon Zero Dawn

TooB

I read my first review for Nier Automata, and what it essentially says, is that the same things people complained about (critics wise) are still present, but combat is better.

So be wary, those who never played original Nier

Thyme

Quote from: Tectron on March 05, 2017, 11:34:42 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on March 05, 2017, 05:19:04 PM

and speaking of resident evil, i do kind of want re7

but jesus christ i'm such a crybaby with horror scenarios, and re7 looks absolutely terrifying

also happy birthday john vuvudood;

yeah uh

i think there's another spoopy game you should be playing before re7 ifeelbetter;

also i've been playing this rom hack of super mario world, "return to dinosaur land"
it's p. neat

TooB

Samus Aran

Go Up