May 09, 2024, 05:30:43 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

TooB

Quote from: antmaster5000 on November 13, 2016, 04:36:58 PM
Bought contra shattered soldier on ps2. Really hoping I can get a bud to coop with. Looks like a fucking sick game
that game is so great. But fuckin hard. And I don't mean Contra NES hard... like, actually hard.

It's basically Boss Rush the game

Samus Aran

Quote from: Big Goop on November 13, 2016, 04:28:52 PM
It doesn't feel any less like a metroid game than MP2 did to me, so idk bro.

it's even more linear, takes a bit away from your sense of isolation by having you work with other bounty hunters (who are all stupid), and has gimmicky motion control puzzles/locks to unlock. and the intro stage is like this big battle with tons of soldiers fighting aliens around you and stuff, it's like something out of halo

granted it still mostly plays like the previous two games, but it does do some weird shit to the formula that i didn't like and just in general it's a worse game. by far the worst of the prime trilogy

it's still a good game overall tho

TooB

I still kinda liked it more than MP 2, for a few reasons.

TooB

Nyerp

i mean i guess i'm thankful that it's not somehow more tedious than mp2 lol. but yeah as kaz said, it feels weird. feels like they responded to complaints about how mp2 was designed, but took it too far in the other direction. it's still good though!!!

Samus Aran

Quote from: Big Goop on November 13, 2016, 11:12:05 PM
I still kinda liked it more than MP 2, for a few reasons.

imo the only thing it has over prime 2 is that it doesn't have lower torvus bog

having a long water level was a mistake that really hurts my enjoyment of prime 2

not to say i don't also hate the general implementation of dark aether, especially early on in the game where stepping off the lit path is death

basically, i think the first prime game is utterly phenomenal, prime 2 is great, and prime 3 is almost great.

TooB

Thyme

Quote from: Big Goop on November 17, 2016, 11:14:22 AM
Beat Tales of Zestiria.

wrench;/10

Were you bothered by the camera? I almost got it when it was on sale but I hesitated because of the negative comments about it.

TooB

Quote from: Thyme on November 17, 2016, 11:21:02 AM
Quote from: Big Goop on November 17, 2016, 11:14:22 AM
Beat Tales of Zestiria.

wrench;/10

Were you bothered by the camera? I almost got it when it was on sale but I hesitated because of the negative comments about it.
I've only had it spas out a few times on me, mostly when battles took place in tight corridors. But it's not really that bad, since you're really just spamming attacks anyway. It never hindered me is my point.

TooB

TooB

I take it that nobody here has Overwatch on ps4?

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on November 19, 2016, 06:32:39 PM
the games feel like a waste on console tbh
except for, you know, having your friends having it on console.

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on November 19, 2016, 07:48:07 PM
Quote from: Big Goop on November 19, 2016, 06:49:30 PM
Quote from: Snowy on November 19, 2016, 06:32:39 PM
the games feel like a waste on console tbh
except for, you know, having your friends having it on console.
why does every conversation with you have to be an argument.
i didn't realize it was.
Why did you get offended?

Nyerp

so dishonored 2's 5th mission is bugged in a way that will randomly kill some npcs you've knocked out when you pull a lever, effectively destroying my nonlethal run. on top of that, the game started freezing on me when i began trying workarounds for the bug. so i guess i'm quitting the game until they release a patch. and i was really enjoying it until this point, too. great fucking job, bethesda/arkane studios.

Nyerp

it feels similar in quality to the first game but i barely remember anything about that game tbh

Go Up