May 08, 2024, 05:25:32 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Samus Aran

started playing skies of arcadia again

silvertone

Kalahari Inkantation

last beaten: uncharted 2 (ps4) on crushing

easier than i expected it to be, excluding the final """boss""" fight whose awfulness is only exacerbated by the game's harder difficulties

currently playing: uncharted 3 (ps4), also on crushing, which already seems harder than uncharted 2 on the same difficulty setting

can't wait for the ship graveyard smithicide;

Samus Aran

Quote from: SVT on June 22, 2016, 12:13:31 AM
Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on June 21, 2016, 04:03:28 PM
started playing skies of arcadia again
same , the combat is v slow

i wouldn't call it slow, but it is a bit annoying at times. for one thing, it seems to be really common to just flat out miss when attacking in this game, far more common than most other turn-based rpgs.

also, one of the bosses i fought (and i haven't fought that many yet) was a huge difficulty spike over prior battles and i was not prepared at all because i had just fought another boss right before it...and my mp wasn't refilled...and the mp items only restore 1 mp each and i didn't have many. so i had to go all the way back through these sewers to the last inn while dealing with encounter after encounter, because this game's encounter rate can be a bit high, and then do the same all the way back to the boss again.

also also, the ship battles are cool but definitely pretty slow

TooB

It's funny you mention the high encounter rate, because it was way worse in the dreamcast version.

Idk I didn't really find the combat slow at all, but I did notice missing a lot like you said.

Kalahari Inkantation

June 23, 2016, 01:56:47 AM #18665 Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 02:20:18 AM by Tectron
Quote from: Tectron on June 22, 2016, 02:53:43 PM
can't wait for the ship graveyard smithicide;

yeah wow jesus fuck;ing christ

the ship graveyard on crushing must be the most frustrating experience to be had in all of uncharted

also is it just me or is uncharted 3 just generally glitchier than the first two are

i've encountered numerous examples of broken animations, random twitching, weapon misbehavior, characters stuck in walls and ceilings, etc., none of which i recall seeing (especially not this frequently) in the first two games

Samus Aran

it's at least glitchier than 2 yes, for sure. i would say i've encountered the most glitches in the first game tho

ME##

I would say the most frustrating glitches are in 3, hilarious in 2 and the first one was just rushed

TooB

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on June 23, 2016, 04:16:59 AM
it's at least glitchier than 2 yes, for sure. i would say i've encountered the most glitches in the first game tho
yeah, but you encountering glitches is definitely an x factor here, because you seem to find ones an absurd number of times.

Sam and Nate stuck together anyone?

C.Mongler

beat rogue legacy a second time. 22 hours in, trying to decide how much longer i want to play it lol. like i'm still having fun, but its like i could easily sink 40 more hours into this shit getting better at doing runs and i dunno if maybe i should play something else lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: Loto on June 23, 2016, 08:20:59 AM
yeah, but you encountering glitches is definitely an x factor here, because you seem to find ones an absurd number of times.

I am the Glitch Master

TooB

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on June 23, 2016, 09:39:03 AM
Quote from: Loto on June 23, 2016, 08:20:59 AM

I am the Glitch Master
lol.

Out of everyone I know, this is true.

strongbad

already beaten FTL but i had pirated it and it would be fun to get back into LEGIT
the rest are cool lookin' games

siralim is a roguelite pokemon game i think
valley w/o wind is supposed to be an okay multiplayer roguelite platformer
teleglitch looks like a very stressful but maybe fun roguelite

strongbad

also just bought rogue legacy and torchlight 2

TooB

Picking up Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE tomorrow

Go Up