May 10, 2024, 12:18:02 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

strongbad

How do you like pokken? Watches some people playing it at a smash tourney and it looked p cool

Snowy

Quote from: bluaki on March 19, 2016, 02:25:46 PM
Quote from: Snowy on March 18, 2016, 08:15:05 AM
I've always wanted one of the black new 3ds.... maybe when I get paid next lol
You are aware that 3DS systems are region-locked, right?

I'm somewhat surprised you'd want not just one but two Japanese-region 3DS-family systems. Yes, it's true that for now the black console isn't available in North America, but I wouldn't be too surprised if that changes later this year. There's only been two US N3DS SKUs so far: Animal Crossing and Pokémon.

I almost wanted to buy the black system instead but decided on white because it fits many of the faceplates better and it stands out more among my mostly-black handhelds collection.

by the way, here's Nintendo's official kisekae plate list: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/hardware/accessories/plate.html
My console came with 64. I also have 23.
yeah I know lol.

My 2DS is really cool but it's super tough to bring it outside of the house and not get scratched since it can't fold.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Classic

Snowy

Classic

Samus Aran

bluaki

3DS's region lock works a bit differently than I expected in some ways, particularly with Pokémon.

[spoiler]* All 3DS physical games are unplayable on other-region consoles.
* Online accounts are of course also locked, although friend lists and other online interaction works fine with everyone.
* For almost all my physical 3DS games, inserting them in the Japanese 3DS makes it seem like the cart wasn't even inserted (no name or logo or error message is shown)
* Foreign Pokémon Gen6 (XYORAS) games, as an exception, will actually show up as inserted. Even with an American cart, the Japanese console shows the game's Japanese name and logo and even tells you updates are available. Trying to launch the game raises an error message.
* Japanese Pokémon Gen5 (BW/BW2) games cannot be played on American DSi or 3DS systems, but they can be played on any DS-original or DS Lite
* American Pokémon Gen5 (BW/BW2) games, surprisingly, can be played on 3DSes from either region.
* Pokémon Bank can transfer Pokémon to/from any physical XYORAS game, regardless of region, even if you can't actually play the game on that system. Data from digital games is a bit harder to move around.
* PokéTransporter works with BW/BW2 games from any region, even if the game doesn't appear at all in the HOME menu
* 3DS Download Play is also region-locked. If one console is hosting download play, no consoles from other regions will see that host at all. Other local wireless stuff does work.
* I haven't tried cross-region local wireless between Gen1 games. I'd guess it won't work, but if it does work with consistent behavior to a real link cable, you can seriously screw up your save files by trying.[/spoiler]

American credit cards do indeed work with the Japanese eShop. I only tried MasterCard, but they also accept Visa and JCB (JCB payment processing supposedly supports Discover and AmEx cards). Unlike the American eShop, Japan doesn't ask for billing zip code.

TooB

oh, this thread name change.....

anyway, I got Lords of the Fallen for free on Xbox games with gold.

it's quite funny how much this game is literally "holding your hand as you play Dark Souls."

obviously, everyone knows it's a Souls-clone, but it just makes me laugh how much they coddle you while you play.

First enemy-
Game: "this button does this, which is useful for.... also blah blah in-depth explanation on how to push RB"
Me: *beats first mindless enemy
Game: "Good job on beating your first enemy! Who's a good boy? Yes, you are!"

C.Mongler

oh yeah i got the division for a cent maybe ill play that tonight

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 24, 2016, 01:34:32 PM
oh yeah i got the division for a cent maybe ill play that tonight
is it worth a cent?

C.Mongler

newegg pricing/listing error; was intended as a bonus for buying a new nvidia gpu, but they actually just sold activation keys for a cent lol. same thing happened a while back and i got metro last light like 3 days after launch for a cent too because of the same goof

Quote from: Loto on March 24, 2016, 01:42:02 PM
is it worth a cent?

i literally havent started it yet, but ill letcha know when i get home  :3

ME##

Quote from: C.Mongler on March 24, 2016, 01:51:43 PM
newegg pricing/listing error; was intended as a bonus for buying a new nvidia gpu, but they actually just sold activation keys for a cent lol. same thing happened a while back and i got metro last light like 3 days after launch for a cent too because of the same goof

wow good on newegg for honouring it

Go Up