May 03, 2024, 05:07:47 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

TooB

TooB

also, started Banjo-Tooie (AGAIN) but this time, I'm finally going to beat it.

TooB

So here's a cool little thing.
The mega man legacy collection just received an update that allows you to play the Japanese versions of each game, with the minor visual and game changes that accompany them

(i.e. no difficulty selection in mega man 2)

strongbad

Snowy

Got my Pokemon Green 2DS in the mail. wrench; It came with Pokemon Green and a special theme giggle; I downloaded Alpha Sapphire so I'd have something else to play too lol.

strongbad

Snowy

Quote from: antmaster5000 on March 14, 2016, 09:56:36 PM
ahhh that sounds cool
i would like a 2ds
I'd rather have it be a normal 3ds but it was only $130 so I'm not complaining lol. It's weird using one for the first time but it's kinda comfy in my hands.

TooB

salt and sanctuary is really damn cool.

first impressions are very positive.
2D Dark Souls, give it a shot.

just beat my first boss after 2 failed attempts :)

bluaki

Quote from: Snowy on March 14, 2016, 09:53:24 PM
Got my Pokemon Green 2DS in the mail. wrench; It came with Pokemon Green and a special theme giggle; I downloaded Alpha Sapphire so I'd have something else to play too lol.
Why did you get a Japanese 2DS? Is there some import you want to play? Or just the novelty of having Green Version?

Considering you didn't mention it, I guess this console didn't come with the bonuses that the "limited edition" game box does? There's a Town Map poster, a printed original game manual, and a magnet that looks like the original game cartridge.

I was actually considering buying that same green 2DS like a week ago after seeing it recommended to me by my Amazon.co.jp account, but I decided I'd probably rather get a N3DS. I haven't ordered it yet.

Considering you bought digital Alpha Sapphire, does that mean American credit cards work on the Japanese eShop? What kind of card did you use (Visa/MasterCard/Discover/AmEx)?

strongbad

Quote from: Snowy on March 14, 2016, 10:05:40 PM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on March 14, 2016, 09:56:36 PM
ahhh that sounds cool
i would like a 2ds
I'd rather have it be a normal 3ds but it was only $130 so I'm not complaining lol. It's weird using one for the first time but it's kinda comfy in my hands.
\
what is the optimal 3ds model right now? i'm kind of out of the loop but i've been thinking about grabbing one

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Loto on March 14, 2016, 10:43:59 PM
salt and sanctuary is really damn cool.

first impressions are very positive.
2D Dark Souls, give it a shot.

just beat my first boss after 2 failed attempts :)
I'm thinking about picking it up, really want a founders pack for Paragon too
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

bluaki

Quote from: antmaster5000 on March 14, 2016, 11:47:33 PM
what is the optimal 3ds model right now? i'm kind of out of the loop but i've been thinking about grabbing one
The best one is, essentially, New 3DS XL.

The smaller New 3DS is supposedly very slightly slower, but not really noticeable, so get that instead if you want something cheaper, smaller, and customizable (they have swappable face plates for the small one).

Compared to all other 3DS/2DS models, both the New and New XL models are way faster at loading certain 3DS games (like Smash and Monster Hunter), have way better 3D display, are compatible with the small selection of N3DS-exclusive stuff (SNES VC games and Xenoblade 3D), have the bonus "c-stick" input, and support amiibo.

The original not-"New" 3DS and XL don't have any of that, but they might be discounted a bit.

The 2DS is like a further step down in both price and features: there's no 3D support at all and it doesn't fold. A lot of people don't like its different shape, but some people really like it. Because it's significantly cheaper than the other models (<$100 if you buy a US model), it's probably the best option if you really don't want to spend as much and don't care about features like 3D, amiibo, or anything else that N3DS has.

TooB

also, if interested in SNES games on the go, New 3ds is your only option

strongbad

Quote from: bluaki on March 15, 2016, 12:20:46 AM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on March 14, 2016, 11:47:33 PM
The best one is, essentially, New 3DS XL.

The smaller New 3DS is supposedly very slightly slower, but not really noticeable, so get that instead if you want something cheaper, smaller, and customizable (they have swappable face plates for the small one).

Compared to all other 3DS/2DS models, both the New and New XL models are way faster at loading certain 3DS games (like Smash and Monster Hunter), have way better 3D display, are compatible with the small selection of N3DS-exclusive stuff (SNES VC games and Xenoblade 3D), have the bonus "c-stick" input, and support amiibo.

The original not-"New" 3DS and XL don't have any of that, but they might be discounted a bit.

The 2DS is like a further step down in both price and features: there's no 3D support at all and it doesn't fold. A lot of people don't like its different shape, but some people really like it. Because it's significantly cheaper than the other models (<$100 if you buy a US model), it's probably the best option if you really don't want to spend as much and don't care about features like 3D, amiibo, or anything else that N3DS has.

hmmm thanks for the write up
my vita stopped charging the other day (pretty sure an issue with the vita and not the charger) so i'm looking for a new outlet for gaming

despite my efforts, i can't get any steam games running smoothly on my chromebook and haven't been able to get any roguelikes running as i'd like either

maybe i need a 3ds...

C.Mongler

just beat the witcher 3, you're fuckin' up if you haven't played it. moving on to bloodborne, though i might pop in the order one of these nights and beat it real quick

Go Up