May 09, 2024, 02:12:22 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Kalahari Inkantation

February 27, 2016, 12:41:01 AM #18330 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 12:50:56 AM by Tectron
if you're one of a rare breed of especially principled gamer, then no, i think that's a perfectly valid way to voice frustration

but the wholly unsurprising fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of fe fans who are making a loud fuss over nintendo's legitimately insulting localization job have no such principles and are going to be buying all three paths at full price anyway, which to nintendo sends a loud and clear message that they can get away with whatever kinds of misguided """localization""" and censorship they want in future titles lol

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on February 27, 2016, 12:41:01 AM
if you're one of a rare breed of especially principled gamer, then no, i think that's a perfectly valid way to voice frustration

but the wholly unsurprising fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of fe fans who are making a loud fuss over nintendo's insulting localization job have no such principles and are going to be buying all three paths at full price anyway, which to nintendo sends a loud and clear message that they can get away with whatever kinds of misguided localization they want in future titles lol
lol that is true. that is also what gets me.
they hate all these things nintendo is doing, but still fully support them. Which, as we all know, has been going on since nintendo got stupid

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

February 27, 2016, 12:44:32 AM #18333 Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 12:48:35 AM by Tectron
i mean look at this

http://games.mxdwn.com/news/fire-emblem-fates-has-the-best-launch-for-a-fire-emblem-game-ever/

so much for that """boycott""", so much for all those loud objections to noa's clear botching of the game

gamers are the most braindead and self-destructive consumer base on the face of the earth i swear to god

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on February 27, 2016, 12:44:32 AM
i mean look at this

http://games.mxdwn.com/news/fire-emblem-fates-has-the-best-launch-for-a-fire-emblem-game-ever/

so much for that """boycott""", so much for all those loud objections to noa's botching of the game

gamers are the most braindead and self-destructive consumer base on the face of the earth i swear to god
it is true...

you can probably look at Street Fighter V and see a similar outcome, of which I am to blame as well smithicide;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Loto on February 27, 2016, 12:42:40 AM

but the wholly unsurprising fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of fe fans who are making a loud fuss over nintendo's insulting localization job have no such principles and are going to be buying all three paths at full price anyway, which to nintendo sends a loud and clear message that they can get away with whatever kinds of misguided localization they want in future titles lol

they hate all these things nintendo is doing, but still fully support them. Which, as we all know, has been going on since nintendo got stupid

and it only encourages nintendo to be stupider

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on February 27, 2016, 12:47:43 AM
Quote from: Loto on February 27, 2016, 12:42:40 AM

and it only encourages nintendo to be stupider
amiibos

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Loto on February 27, 2016, 12:46:04 AM
Quote from: Tectron on February 27, 2016, 12:44:32 AM
i mean look at this

so much for that """boycott""", so much for all those loud objections to noa's botching of the game

it is true...

you can probably look at Street Fighter V and see a similar outcome, of which I am to blame as well smithicide;

who am i kidding we're all guilty to some extent

Quote from: Loto on February 27, 2016, 12:48:52 AM
amiibos

don't remind me smithicide;

TooB

Samus Aran

all we can really hope for is that NOA will take note of this whole shitstorm and maybe be a little less patronizing and overprotective for future localizations

weird how our enemy here has always been localizers in our own country and not the highly conservative old Japanese dudes across the ocean

Kalahari Inkantation

nintendo will never learn anything so long as it continues to have such mindless fans

which is why the wii u selling like shit is potentially a great thing

TooB

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

minish cap's only fault is its overreliance on the kidneystone mechanic

TooB

Go Up