May 05, 2024, 07:28:20 PM

1,531,621 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

famy

C.Mongler

Been playin Dropsy, it's quite fun and the story is interesting but it has the usual point-and-click trope problems, and it's only componded by the fact that the game has no text whatsoever. everything is communicated by iconography. so you get the problem of not knowing what the fuck to do that these games usually have with only a picture of a girl being sad about..smoking? or something? to go off of like what the fuck do you want me to do game

OH THERES A QUARTER HIDDEN UNDER THE FRIDGE HOW SHOULD I HAVE FUCKIN KNOWN THAT

TooB

Picking up earth defense force 2 on vita tomorrow.

Samus Aran

started bloodborne today

and found out the hard way not to spam the music box on a certain boss

TooB

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on December 07, 2015, 09:16:07 PM
started bloodborne today

and found out the hard way not to spam the music box on a certain boss
yeah... no don't do that.

and if I remember correctly you wanna wait til he transforms to start doing that.

C.Mongler

beat Dropsy last night, was pretty cool, ending was fuckin weird tho

probs gonna start the witcher 3 when i get home on wednesday

silvertone

ME##

i think i'm gonna buy a vita tomorrow depending on how good my paycheque is

Classic

TooB

damn, I'm really outta practice on Street Fighter...

Snowy

Thyme

just beat zero escape: virtue's last reward

there might be hidden endings or smth but eh, what i got seems p. canon

[spoiler]END or BEGINNING, i got robot arms and an eyepatch and stuff[/spoiler]

p. good game, the puzzles are challenging w/o being "look it up" difficult, except for a single instance in my case iirc
there are some slow parts tho, esp. the way the story is constructed, even with the skip button

low 8

TooB

Quote from: Whyme on December 12, 2015, 08:13:07 AM
just beat zero escape: virtue's last reward

there might be hidden endings or smth but eh, what i got seems p. canon

[spoiler]END or BEGINNING, i got robot arms and an eyepatch and stuff[/spoiler]

p. good game, the puzzles are challenging w/o being "look it up" difficult, except for a single instance in my case iirc
there are some slow parts tho, esp. the way the story is constructed, even with the skip button

low 8
the way both games in the series work is you have to get every ending "icon" to be able to get the "true" ending.

if you were ever interested in doing so

strongbad

Beat yell in Spelunky after ~3 years of playing on and off. Had a really good run and went into yama with 12 hearts and like 60 bombs. Finished with 4 hearts lol

Pretty stoked, though. Probably one of my biggest gaming accomplishments. Now for the rest of the spelunky achievements...

strongbad

Quote from: Boogus Epirus Aurelius on December 13, 2015, 02:17:17 AM
Quote from: antmaster5000 on December 13, 2015, 02:10:24 AM
Beat yell in Spelunky after ~3 years of playing on and off. Had a really good run and went into yama with 12 hearts and like 60 bombs. Finished with 4 hearts lol

Pretty stoked, though. Probably one of my biggest gaming accomplishments. Now for the rest of the spelunky achievements...

Still have to finish hell here. Nice job man!!
Spelunky dang rules.

Also, do you normally kill shopkeepers and steal shit? I'm trying to figure out things.

thanks dude! it's been something ive always wanted to do and i'm glad i finally got around to it
i usually the inefficient method of bombing the fuck out of them but as of lately i've tried other strats of picking up a ice gun or shot gun in the shot and blasting them with it. sometimes it doesnt quite work and idk the subtleties. i've seen videos of people whipping the keeper, grabbing his shotgun while he's down, and shooting him with it before he gets back up. pretty impressive
but yeah i love spelunky. probably one of my favorite games of all time. do you have it on vita?

Go Up