May 01, 2024, 03:53:45 PM

1,531,648 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

strongbad

TooB

Quote from: C.Mongler on November 23, 2015, 04:28:20 PM
I mean yeah that's the real reason lol I've been mulling it over for years now every time a deal comes up

But then I had to buy a persona and a memory stick and it jumped up to 45 basically  Q('_' Q)

Are there any other good games that actually run on this shit that I can't play elsewhere? I'm fine with buying a persona machine tho I guess lol
um... persona dancing? sillydood;

The hyperdimension games are fun silly rpgs but only 2 and 3 and the spinoffs work on it but you don't need to play the first one to play the others.

ragnarock odyssey is a fun fast paced mission based action rpg

you can also diwnload a bunch of psp and ps1 classics

Samus Aran

i bought a pstv because i don't have a vita anyway, despite owning one vita game: tales of hearts

bluaki

November 23, 2015, 09:52:47 PM #17958 Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 10:11:25 PM by bluaki
But then I had to buy a persona and a memory stick and it jumped up to 45 basically  Q('_' Q)
Digital Persona 4 Golden on PSN has actually been on sale this past week (until later today at 1PM Eastern Time) for $9.90

If you don't mind using up 3GB of the space on that memory card you seen to be getting either way, buying that now from the PSN web store can save you $10 verses buying a physical copy.

The Vita TV does have a 1GB built-in memory. Although that's an absolutely pathetic capacity, it does alleviate the issue Gen1 Vita had of not even being able to store game saves without a memory card. If you don't want to buy digital games or DLC, you could just not get a memory card. Or you could buy one at a later date and let the system automatically transfer your content over to it. A mere 4-8GB card isn't going to be much better for storing full games.

Quote from: Loto on November 23, 2015, 08:48:06 PM

The hyperdimension games are fun silly rpgs but only 2 and 3 and the spinoffs work on it but you don't need to play the first one to play the others.

Dancing All Night launched at a fairly inflated price. $50 (pre-DLC) is pretty high for a Vita game and for a game like that.

The Neptunia games (including 1) are also available on Steam for cheaper than PSN.

I highly recommend Danganronpa and Zero Escape. Danganronpa is the reason I bought my Vita TV the day it launched.

Vita also has Disgaea 3 and 4. They're both remakes of PS3 games (with various additions but lower resolution).

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on November 23, 2015, 09:52:47 PM
But then I had to buy a persona and a memory stick and it jumped up to 45 basically  Q('_' Q)
Digital Persona 4 Golden on PSN has actually been on sale this past week (until later today at 1PM Eastern Time) for $9.90

If you don't mind using up 3GB of the space on that memory card you seen to be getting either way, buying that now from the PSN web store can save you $10 verses buying a physical copy.

The Vita TV does have a 1GB built-in memory. Although that's an absolutely pathetic capacity, it does alleviate the issue Gen1 Vita had of not even being able to store game saves without a memory card. If you don't want to buy digital games or DLC, you could just not get a memory card. Or you could buy one at a later date and let the system automatically transfer your content over to it. A mere 4-8GB card isn't going to be much better for storing full games.

Quote from: Loto on November 23, 2015, 08:48:06 PM

Dancing All Night launched at a fairly inflated price. $50 (pre-DLC) is pretty high for a Vita game and for a game like that.

The Neptunia games (including 1) are also available on Steam for cheaper than PSN.

I highly recommend Danganronpa and Zero Escape. Danganronpa is the reason I bought my Vita TV the day it launched.

Vita also has Disgaea 3 and 4. They're both remakes of PS3 games (with various additions but lower resolution).
well yeah, cheaper than PSN, but you can buy the physical game for cheaper than any digital option, unless steam/PSN discounts them greatly

bluaki

Quote from: Loto on November 23, 2015, 10:30:46 PM
well yeah, cheaper than PSN, but you can buy the physical game for cheaper than any digital option, unless steam/PSN discounts them greatly
I just checked and apparently:
$30 is the same current price for Rebirth 1 or 2 in Amazon (Vita retail), GameStop (Vita new), PSN, and Steam
$27 is (according to my price tracker) the lowest price Rebirth 1 has ever been on Amazon
$25 is the GameStop used price
$12 is the price they were at during a Humble Store sale (for Steam key) about three weeks ago
$9 is the price they were at during a Steam summer sale
$6 (1) and $16 (2 or 3) are the prices they were at on PSN during a flash sale around July

So the digital options are cheaper if you wait until a sale to buy them, otherwise they're priced the same (if you don't count hardware costs). You'd be hard-pressed to find a sale for the physical copies that drops their price as much as the digital sales.

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

TooB

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on November 24, 2015, 03:54:21 PM
i'm so sorry smithicide;
but its cool. and hard.
normal enemies are basically just other hunters now
seems that way.
well see how i feel in a day or two