May 08, 2024, 01:20:19 PM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

TooB

Quote from: Thyme on November 01, 2015, 09:46:14 AM
in terms of accessibility i mean
i don't know how good of an emulator dolphin is, but other than that the only way to experience gamecube games is to get a used console and the used games
ps2, some of the games are available on the ps store and since the console was still sold for much longer than the gamecube, i'm guessing it's a bit easier to find, same for the games
the xbox 360 is mostly backwards compatible iirc, so there you go for original xbox games
ps1? ps classics, not to mention all ps3 models can play them
wii u's backwards compatible for wii games
project 64 is shit but at least a few n64 games are available on the wii shop
anything older is very easy to emulate

and of course the wii used to be backwards compatible, but not anymore, so i'm not really willing to count it

along with the dreamcast, the gamecube is one of the hardest mainstream consoles to experience today
smh nintendo
tbh I see many used gamecubes at used media stores for always around 30 bucks. So , like the ps2 it's not too pricey. Games on the other hand, can be.

and yes, many ps2 games are either on psn, or ported to ps3 as HD collections, so it's still easier to play some games from that than GC

Snowy

Eternal Darkness is still like $40 or so last I check too.

TooB

TooB

strongbad

Quote from: Thyme on November 01, 2015, 09:46:14 AM
in terms of accessibility i mean
i don't know how good of an emulator dolphin is, but other than that the only way to experience gamecube games is to get a used console and the used games
ps2, some of the games are available on the ps store and since the console was still sold for much longer than the gamecube, i'm guessing it's a bit easier to find, same for the games
the xbox 360 is mostly backwards compatible iirc, so there you go for original xbox games
ps1? ps classics, not to mention all ps3 models can play them
wii u's backwards compatible for wii games
project 64 is shit but at least a few n64 games are available on the wii shop
anything older is very easy to emulate

and of course the wii used to be backwards compatible, but not anymore, so i'm not really willing to count it

along with the dreamcast, the gamecube is one of the hardest mainstream consoles to experience today
smh nintendo

um yo you can get a used wii for $40 ez
mod that shit in like an hour and you have every gamecube game that you'll ever want

C.Mongler

started playing TITS, its battle system is cool but i feel like a nerd

bluaki

In my experience, Gamecube seems to have much more polished emulators than N64 as long as you have a decent computer.

The vast majority of manufactured Wii consoles should be the backwards-compatible model. They didn't introduce the worse versions until around the time Wii U was released.

With Wii homebrew, you can run Gamecube games on any Wii U or any Wii model with an SD slot, but I think you'd have to pirate because the disc slot isn't compatible with Gamecube discs. The Gamecube loader seems to have flawless compatibility with basically every game (I think I heard Fire Emblem is the only game with issues?) and even lets you use the Smash controller adapter or Wii U Pro Controller (but not GamePad).

By all technical means, Nintendo should be able to easily release Gamecube games on Wii U eShop like they've been doing with a minuscule selection of Wii games, but they seem to be actively avoiding VC lately.

I think Xbox 360's backwards compatibility is extremely limited, similar to Xbone's.

Thyme

The indie sensation of the year, Undertale, curtesy of one Tyler D. Barrett. giggle;

strongbad

started playing DCSS again
pretty fun but i am having trouble getting really into it like i did with nethack

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

C.Mongler

i was gonna bite on blops 3 for that 40 GMG deal, but the pc version runs like shit on i5s AND GUESS WHAT I GOT

bluaki

In my infinite wisdom, I decided to buy a Vita today, at what's probably one of the worst timings to buy one giggle;

I've lately been feeling like my PS TV is insufficient and that maybe I'd actually like a portable, so I got the new Aqua Blue system.

I just tried out PS3 remote play and it's utter garbage: apparently it's compatible with maybe 30 PS3 games. Out of this list, I own Ico&SotC collection (which does work) and Tokyo Jungle (which doesn't work; apparently that feature is Japan-only). I know some of the other games on that list are also Japan-exclusive; in particular, I'm very sure that Robotics;Notes and Chaos;Child have never been translated.

At least the PS4 remote play supposedly works well, though I haven't tried it yet.

Besides that, my other uses for this Vita include...
* I'll probably replay the first Danganronpa, since I originally played the PSP fan-translation over two years ago, and I now own the Vita version which I haven't played yet.
* I can finish earning more trophies in the other two Danganronpa games too.
* I have Persona 4 Golden which I might play eventually
* I'm very much looking forward to Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
* I never had a PSP, so I can get some of those games I missed out on (like maybe Patapon and Locoroco?)

tbh most of the Vita library that would interest me has superior versions on PC, PS3, or PS4.

At least the hardware feels and looks nice. I appreciate going back to a single-screen after using dual-screen Nintendo systems for the past 11 years. The slim feels nice in hand and even has a microUSB charger. The US button layout still trips me up constantly: I feel like O should be like A and X should be like B.

C.Mongler

probably gonna be a loser and buy fallout 4 one of these days who am i kiddin

Thyme

strongbad

Quote from: bluaki on November 06, 2015, 02:39:45 PM
In my infinite wisdom, I decided to buy a Vita today, at what's probably one of the worst timings to buy one giggle;

I've lately been feeling like my PS TV is insufficient and that maybe I'd actually like a portable, so I got the new Aqua Blue system.

I just tried out PS3 remote play and it's utter garbage: apparently it's compatible with maybe 30 PS3 games. Out of this list, I own Ico&SotC collection (which does work) and Tokyo Jungle (which doesn't work; apparently that feature is Japan-only). I know some of the other games on that list are also Japan-exclusive; in particular, I'm very sure that Robotics;Notes and Chaos;Child have never been translated.

At least the PS4 remote play supposedly works well, though I haven't tried it yet.

Besides that, my other uses for this Vita include...
* I'll probably replay the first Danganronpa, since I originally played the PSP fan-translation over two years ago, and I now own the Vita version which I haven't played yet.
* I can finish earning more trophies in the other two Danganronpa games too.
* I have Persona 4 Golden which I might play eventually
* I'm very much looking forward to Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
* I never had a PSP, so I can get some of those games I missed out on (like maybe Patapon and Locoroco?)

tbh most of the Vita library that would interest me has superior versions on PC, PS3, or PS4.

At least the hardware feels and looks nice. I appreciate going back to a single-screen after using dual-screen Nintendo systems for the past 11 years. The slim feels nice in hand and even has a microUSB charger. The US button layout still trips me up constantly: I feel like O should be like A and X should be like B.

Damn so jealous of the aqua blue
Also kinda wish I had a slim for the micro usb. I like my OG vita and apparently the screen is superior but the grass is always greener

Go Up