May 08, 2024, 09:56:03 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

bluaki

Just got: Steins;Gate (PS3) and Dangit Ronpaul 3 ("Ultra Despair Girls", Vita)

I started playing the latter and like it so far, though I still much prefer the investigation/court gameplay of the first two games.

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on September 01, 2015, 11:21:56 PM

I started playing the latter and like it so far, though I still much prefer the investigation/court gameplay of the first two games.
I think everybody prefers that.

Also, I love how challenging Steins;gate is. It's harder than Dark Souls
[spoiler]sarcasm[/spoiler]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

what is dangit ronpaul about

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i just looked it up and its incredible that ron paul has fallen so hard that he has to develop anime video games to make it. christ almighty

bluaki

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on September 06, 2015, 04:26:07 PM

what is dangit ronpaul about
the actual name of the series is Dangan Ronpa, which sounds close enough

The style of the games is indeed very anime-ish. And there's even an anime adaptation of the first game. And they're all on Vita, which is honestly the most saturated-with-anime-games video game platform ever.

The first two games are gameplay-wise kinda like Ace Attorney, in that there's a mix of visual novel with murder mystery investigation and trial sequences. The story's very different, with Danganronpa 1-2 being in a survival game scenario and heavily focused on death and despair, also with much more exaggerated wacky character designs.
The third game is a spinoff with third-person shooter gameplay instead of murder mystery, but it shares a lot of story similarity (and connection to) the other games.

TooB

silvertone

Thyme

silvertone

Thyme

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

TooB

silvertone

Go Up