May 08, 2024, 02:56:41 PM

1,531,623 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on July 30, 2015, 10:29:13 PM
It's not just ending on a cliffhanger that bothers me, but rather ending in a way that doesn't at all seem like an ending. I didn't even realize the game was actually over until I checked that I actually did get the Platinum trophy and then double-checked it online.

I guess, in retrospect, the scene right before the last time they played the credits seemed like an actual ending, then the two scenes after it seemed like bonus scenes, but it didn't at the time make them look like bonus scenes. It just seemed like they explained a plan to you and were about to show how the last couple parts of the plan went.
what did you think about the game otherwise?

Kalahari Inkantation

or, if you'd prefer something easier, dark souls

bluaki

July 31, 2015, 02:19:31 AM #17584 Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 02:29:39 AM by bluaki
Quote from: Jojo on July 30, 2015, 10:34:22 PM
what did you think about the game otherwise?
It's a great game.

In terms of gameplay, I think I overall liked it a bit more than 999. A lot of the puzzles were better, but a few of them were bad. The decision tree and memory menu are great mechanics. The wide variety of choices and endings is great.

But I felt like the character development wasn't as strong as in 999, partially because half the questions are left unanswered for the next game. It was still great, though. And in other respects the plot was pretty neat, although a couple points utterly fail with regard to suspension of disbelief: there's no way characters wouldn't notice some of the twists from the start (like gravity, time speed, and aging).

Classic

Thyme

silvertone

ME##

Just beat The Last of Us without burning the doctor to death this time. 

ME##

Quote from: David on August 01, 2015, 02:22:10 PM
man, even though it feels like i did so much more this time, still only added an hour to my original ~11 hour playtime

ME##

tec rolls in his grave 'he can spare 300 hours for gta v's single player yet he can't give the last of us the fifteen it needs minimum'

Kalahari Inkantation

i don't think i could beat the last of us that quickly if i tried lol

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on August 01, 2015, 02:33:40 PM
i don't think i could beat the last of us that quickly if i tried lol
maybe on very easy shaking sillydood;

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

i shot him in the foot in my first playthrough and he instantly went completely limp

way to break my immersion, naughty dog[/spoiler]

ME##

Quote from: Tectron on August 01, 2015, 02:35:38 PM

[spoiler]

i shot him in the foot in my first playthrough and he instantly went completely limp

way to break my immersion, naughty dog[/spoiler]

lmao

when kaz said you could just stab him with his own scalpel i was so shocked  myface; 

Go Up