May 09, 2024, 11:42:45 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Samus Aran

also, when i said 2-2 was one of the easier levels, i kinda forgot that flamelurker was the boss lol

keeping him in mind, you may actually be better off doing 3-1 and 4-1 instead, as their bosses are quite easy. 5-1's is too, i just hate that world so i never do it until pretty late

TooB

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on June 25, 2015, 03:17:21 PM
Quote from: Jojo on June 25, 2015, 03:06:31 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on June 25, 2015, 03:04:33 PM
am i really supposed to be fighting flamelurker right now?? im at lvl 23. this is impossible
hmmm... that lvl does SEEM a bit low, but it shouldnt matter too much. That fight is mostly about mobility anyway.

it's about mobility if you want it to be. you could, alternatively, cheese him by using the purple flame shield, which makes him pretty harmless.

it's found in 1-1 in a little side area guarded by some dragons. you can just run up to it and grab it and then die from the fire though if you don't feel like trying to take out the dragons.
sorry nyerp

Thyme

Nyerp

ok...it's just that i do so little damage to him even when i CAN hit him. he's so fast. i even found a spot on the stairs where he gets stuck, but it still would have taken like an hour for me to whittle his health down with my best weapon. i guess i'll come back to it later...

also that level was awful tbh. it's just a big hole and a really long dead end with a bunch of exploding roadblocks. akudood;

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on June 25, 2015, 03:27:39 PM
ok...it's just that i do so little damage to him even when i CAN hit him. he's so fast. i even found a spot on the stairs where he gets stuck, but it still would have taken like an hour for me to whittle his health down with my best weapon. i guess i'll come back to it later...

also that level was awful tbh. it's just a big hole and a really long dead end with a bunch of exploding roadblocks. akudood;
just asking, not to sound condescending or anything, you have been upgrading your weapons and gear, right?

Nyerp

i've upgraded my sword to +4 but haven't touched my armor lol

Kalahari Inkantation

there's no way to upgrade armor anyway lol

what sword are you using

also it's probably best to go in a clockwise circle around the nexus one level at a time, imo aside from 1-2 all the other x-2 levels are much harder than the other x-1s

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on June 25, 2015, 03:27:39 PM

2-2 is weird. as much as i've played the game, i still don't really know the "right" way to go. starting from the beginning of it, there's the left path which leads to most of the level and is probably the beginning of the way the game wants you to go, for the most part, but i always get lost going this way at some point or another. it's huge and convoluted. the right path, however, will lead you straight to the boss as long as you drop down to the ledges correctly in the giant hole in the ground. you don't find much stuff going this way, but i prefer it so as to just not get lost.

Nyerp

i think i explored all of the left path. the only endings i found in it were 2 entrances to a lava pit and a cliff above the giant hole. idk if there's anything past the lava pit but i tried to traverse it once and died and never went back 5thgrade;

Classic

Enjoying Earthbound Zero.

Grinding is a bitch though.

ME##

TooB

Quote from: Classic on June 25, 2015, 08:05:46 PM
Enjoying Earthbound Zero.

Grinding is a bitch though.
oh my god.... that encounter rate is awful.

don't let's

Quote from: Tectron on June 19, 2015, 12:20:14 AM
Quote from: … on June 19, 2015, 12:10:02 AM
Quote from: Tectron on June 16, 2015, 12:05:35 PM
People who play RPGs are depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games.
I just stay inside my virtual house :(

oh man, i can't wait to play fallout 4 through oculus rift on xbox one

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcqf2t8pHJE[/youtube]
Half of me is wondering why replicate the room, but then the other half is like " eh, I get it."

And I might actually have to get an Xbox One in the next couple years or so since they're finally adding a 1TB drive (which will still end up being too small) and backwards compatibility. I wonder if game saves can transfer over. (And next I'll wait for Xbox (1) backwards compatibility :( )

Samus Aran

Go Up