May 12, 2024, 12:19:20 PM

1,531,625 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Kalahari Inkantation

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on January 27, 2015, 02:45:16 AM
last beaten: donkey kong country 2 :)

did you like it more than the first game??? details pls

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on January 27, 2015, 11:38:43 AM
whats next tectron

clearing the lost world

not sure what to play after i'm completely finished with it, though

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on January 27, 2015, 02:46:41 PM
Quote from: Tectron on January 27, 2015, 02:45:16 AM
last beaten: donkey kong country 2 :)

did you like it more than the first game??? details pls

yes, the game's challenges feel less artificial and luck-based than they sometimes did in the original, and 2's vehicle levels are much more enjoyable than 1's were despite there being fewer of them

i also appreciate the lack of insanely difficult gimmicks like stop-go station lol

i think my biggest complaint about these games is that it's sometimes difficult to tell exactly where a stylized platform (barrels, lily pads, etc.) ends

most 2d platformers give you a couple of courtesy pixels beyond the edge of a platform, but in dkc's case it can sometimes feel as if the collision detection ends before the visual representation of the platform would seem to end, which has resulted in countless deaths that i would perceive as unfair lol

actually collision detection in general seems kind of wonky, because there are times when you can graze an enemy by a pixel or two with no ill consequences and other times where you'd be hit

as for the game's graphical wonder, i did only play the gba version but even that looks impressive

i think i'm going to [glow=black,2,300]pirate[/glow] and replay the original snes versions of all the gba snes ports i've played (all the dkcs, alttp, super mario world, yoshi's island) to experience them in their original grandeur, because as good as the gba's emulations are they're unquestionably inferior to the snes originals lol

Thyme

having played both, i'd tell you not to bother with yoshi's island as it's exactly the same except for yoshi's sounds

unless you just feel like replaying a great game in which case by all means ¯\_(ãƒ,,)_/¯

YPrrrr

Got Grim Fandango, I am somewhat scared to get started because I hear how frustrating some puzzles can be

Samus Aran

TooB

Samus Aran

Quote from: Jojo on January 28, 2015, 10:15:38 AM
Quote from: reefer on January 28, 2015, 06:55:36 AM
Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on January 27, 2015, 11:53:02 PM
i beat Ultimate Doom baddood;
so fantastic, how was the playthrough
full of frustration, followed by realization, then admiration

hey man only episode 4 was frustrating and dickish

the first three episodes and about half of episode 4 are all golden. fantastic game.

The artist formally known

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on January 27, 2015, 08:11:38 PM
having played both, i'd tell you not to bother with yoshi's island as it's exactly the same except for yoshi's sounds

unless you just feel like replaying a great game in which case by all means ¯\_(ãƒ,,)_/¯

that's kind of surprising, especially considering that yoshi's island is the only one that uses SuperFXâ,,¢ in that list

you'd think its port would have seen the biggest downgrade of all

welp, no reason not to ¯\_(ãƒ,,)_/¯

Quote from: reefer on January 28, 2015, 09:35:18 PM
inspired me to boot up DKC3 on my SNES

wrench;

The artist formally known

Tried playing Yoshi's Island again, damn Mario baby scream ruins a lot of it  Q('_' Q)

Just beat Barbos's Barrier in DCK3, finally... that fucking guy was taunting me ever since I stopped playing.

Samus Aran

I'm really enjoying Link Between Worlds. Very refreshing after Skyward Sword. I've done two dungeons in Lorule now: Thieves' Hideout and Skull Woods. Purposely doing everything completely different from the order of aLttP's dungeons to maximize how this game works.

hocuspocus;

Go Up