May 08, 2024, 08:52:51 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

TooB

The artist formally known

Quote from: Jojo on January 16, 2015, 12:42:57 PM
Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on January 16, 2015, 12:20:59 PM
Ship dungeon in Skyward Sword was ass.
told ya that area sucked.
Lots of the game sucked, the only noteworthy parts are the one cool armor boss and some other minor parts. a couple decent dungeons but overall the game just is so small, repetitive, dull, and the graphics (just like most the game) was an attempt to please all nintendo's fans at once.

i thought i was going to have to abandon all new zelda games after this one since they've been going downhill since windwaker and minish cap. luckily it looks like nintendo is really putting in some honest effort for the new one.

TooB

Quote from: reefer on January 16, 2015, 01:50:24 PM
Quote from: Jojo on January 16, 2015, 12:42:57 PM
Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on January 16, 2015, 12:20:59 PM
Ship dungeon in Skyward Sword was ass.
told ya that area sucked.
Lots of the game sucked, the only noteworthy parts are the one cool armor boss and some other minor parts. a couple decent dungeons but overall the game just is so small, repetitive, dull, and the graphics (just like most the game) was an attempt to please all nintendo's fans at once.

i thought i was going to have to abandon all new zelda games after this one since they've been going downhill since windwaker and minish cap. luckily it looks like nintendo is really putting in some honest effort for the new one.
I "mostly" disagree. I really enjoyed it overall, but yeah, some areas are balls.

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

I don't mind the sand sea area, I just think its dungeon is lame. Like not bad so much as it just really bored me. Amusingly enough, I liked the mechanic of carrying around a timeshift crystal in the pirate stronghold mini-dungeon more than anything in the actual main ship dungeon.

And the boss was stupid. Tentacle cyclops dreadlock Muppet.

TooB

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on January 16, 2015, 03:30:26 PM
I don't mind the sand sea area, I just think its dungeon is lame. Like not bad so much as it just really bored me. Amusingly enough, I liked the mechanic of carrying around a timeshift crystal in the pirate stronghold mini-dungeon more than anything in the actual main ship dungeon.

Glowy-eye McWeak-to-Arrows

TooB

Also, I recentlt decided I wanted to finish Blue Dragon.
But...................
I totally didnt know what I was doing so I loaded an old save at the end of disc 1.
now I'm back to where I was

Kalahari Inkantation

last finished: super mario bros. 3 wariodood;

i cannot believe how advanced this game is in virtually every respect compared to the original smb lol, and i had no idea the """new""" super mario bros. games drew so heavily from 3

not sure what to play next

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on January 16, 2015, 10:32:07 PM

i cannot believe how advanced this game is in virtually every respect compared to the original smb lol, and i had no idea the """new""" super mario bros. games drew so heavily from 3

lost levels

Kalahari Inkantation

i think i'll skip that one for now myface;

though i do own it as part of the super mario all-stars collection (and i actually own it on gameboy too as part of super mario deluxe), so if i'm feeling especially masochistic enough one day i'll go back and give it a try lol

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on January 16, 2015, 11:38:08 PM
i think i'll skip that one for now myface;

though i do own it as part of the super mario all-stars collection (and i actually own it on gameboy too as part of super mario deluxe), so if i'm feeling especially masochistic enough one day i'll go back and give it a try lol
do it....

Kalahari Inkantation

The artist formally known

Quote from: Jojo on January 16, 2015, 11:30:41 PM
Quote from: Tectron on January 16, 2015, 10:32:07 PM

lost levels
I beat this one with save states on Wii U, only 7 more times until I can play the ABC worlds.

Hiro

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on January 16, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

that was one of my favorite bosses, probably 2nd to the cicstern's multi-arm dude
i love the desert area in ss, and though that ship dungeon was one of the better ones
i also really like the forested area though, and even though the fire/mountain area is last of the 3 ground areas, I think all the ground areas were actually really well designed

Go Up