May 08, 2024, 04:08:13 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Thyme

Quote from: … on January 12, 2015, 06:04:15 PM
Halo Anniversary, not the Master Chief Collection.

this is how much i keep up with xbo(x/ne) news sillydood;

Snowy

Quote from: Thyme on January 12, 2015, 06:03:14 PM
is it still tho? befuddlement

idk i don't keep up with xbone news
yes
Quote from: … on January 12, 2015, 06:04:15 PM
Halo Anniversary, not the Master Chief Collection.
Anniversary wasn't that good, I never finished it. MCC was nice because Halo 3 was back.

don't let's

I just meant the way they implemented the graphics change. That you could switch between the old and new whenever you wanted.

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on January 12, 2015, 05:19:28 PM
if anything, the n64 games should be getting proper remakes instead of lazy ports with minor texture """enhancements""", but that would require more effort than nintendo has ever put into anything, so ¯\_(ãƒ,,)_/¯

nintendo must be learning from square penix's handling of ffvii
come on, give nintendo a little more credit than that...
sure, graphically OoT 3D wasn't much of a step up, but gameplay was greatly improved. At least, I think so

Thyme

david and tec are just being ~sassy~

[spoiler]and david reads too much polygon tbh[/spoiler]

ME##

it's funny that polygon as a website hates nintendo, yet all of their main editors love nintendo personally smh

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thyme on January 12, 2015, 07:17:05 PM
david and tec are just being ~sassy~

[spoiler]and david reads too much polygon tbh[/spoiler]

there must have been an increase in david's polygon consumption lately, as he's suddenly become 200% more anti-nintendo over the past couple days

[spoiler]he made some pretty funny mistakes in the report board as a result[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Jojo on January 12, 2015, 07:07:07 PM
if anything, the n64 games should be getting proper remakes instead of lazy ports with minor texture """enhancements""", but that would require more effort than nintendo has ever put into anything, so ¯\_(ãƒ,,)_/¯

sure, graphically OoT 3D wasn't much of a step up, but gameplay was greatly improved. At least, I think so

How? befuddlement

well, aside from the frame rate increase and inventory management

admittedly i haven't played the original version of oot in years, but i don't recall there being too many noteworthy gameplay changes from the original to the 3ds port lol

TooB

Quote from: Tectron on January 12, 2015, 08:23:46 PM
Quote from: Jojo on January 12, 2015, 07:07:07 PM

How? befuddlement

well, aside from the frame rate increase and inventory management

admittedly i haven't played the original version of oot in years, but i don't recall there being too many noteworthy gameplay changes from the original to the 3ds port lol
inventory management was really the biggest, but if you ask me, it really helps in the long run, the most notable example being that the iron boots are now an equipable item so that you dont have to keep pausing to switch them out.

idk I just felt that the 3ds version was a lot smoother overall, but I'm not really defending Nintendo's admitted laziness.

These same small changes were applied to WW HD such as the fast sail.
small changes, but very appreciated on my end

The artist formally known

Just beat Walking Dead season 2

Just got The Last of Us PS4

Hiro

friend gave me an extra copy of skullgirls so that's pretty neat

Commander Fuckass

You know 343 fucked up MCC when the Halo 5 multiplayer beta works better than MCC matchmaking
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

that just means they're intelligently applying the lessons they learned from their past mistakes

nintendo could learn a thing or two from 343i

[spoiler]

who am i kidding, nintendo will never learn[/spoiler]

The artist formally known

Nintendo is too big and have too much money to learn constantly.

TBH I think Nintendo will be here years down the road while Microsoft and Sony might close up shop. Reason is Nintendo has enough studios and IPs to support two game systems at once while Microsoft and Sony are competing with PCs and eachother which is all of the same consumer base.

strongbad

damn just died in a really fuckin stupid way on my best nethack run to date (YASD)

had probably put like 6 hours into this run. had made it all the way to my quest, which i embarked on for the first time. made it to the level right before lord surtur's lair, where i found a lamp on the ground. i #rubbed it and it ended up being a magic lamp, so i wished for a wand of death, which i had read would work on lord surtur. then, right when i was about to go down the stairs to his lair, i misclicked and fell into lava and died
FUCK

Go Up