May 11, 2024, 08:48:25 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

bluaki

Quote from: reefer on December 17, 2014, 01:41:29 AM
Nintendo hardly tried to keep the Gamepad relevant with their lineup. Pikmin took advantage of it... but that was it.
* Mario 3D World has a few mandatory-Gamepad stages: touching platforms to make them slide out, blowing into mic to raise fan-platforms, Captain Toad stages
* Both NSMBU and 3D World have optional Gamepad features: touch on enemies to stun them, create platforms, break blocks, search for invisible items
* Captain Toad uses gamepad in the same ways as 3D World, plus there are some minecart levels where you use dual-screen by having first-person view on the gamepad and third-person on the TV, with some hidden items that require looking at both screens to find
* SSBU uses gamepad for the stage builder, letting you actually draw platforms with touch
* Kirby's Rainbow Curse (which isn't out yet) uses touchscreen as its primary input, much like Canvas Curse did
* Mario Maker (also not out yet) uses touchscreen heavily by its nature of being a click-and-drag creator
* Amiibo uses Gamepad because that's where Wii U keeps its NFC
* Some games support online voice chat, which uses the Gamepad's mic and speakers

But these examples are more like exceptions than the norm; in general, the Gamepad feels like an optional device that is primarily useful for Off-TV play. I honestly felt like the mandatory-GamePad inputs for 3D World were more of a nuisance than a feature.

TooB

silvertone

Nyerp

beat puppeteer. great visual design, neat (if limited-feeling) platforming, and absolutely unbearable dialogue that completely destroys any charm the game could have had. 6/10.

bluaki

After Ace Attorney Trilogy 3D released last week, I bought it and have been replaying its games.

It actually does look significantly better than it did on DS. I guess 3DS's screen does technically have almost twice as many pixels as DS. Also, they threw in a 3D effect such that different sprite levels (text box, characters, tables, background) are at different z-levels. And Miiverse screenshot-posting functionality.

After playing in order, I'm right now up to case 3-2 (11th of 14)

Thyme

don't let's

silvertone

Quote from: Still Spoopy Thyme on December 18, 2014, 06:48:31 PM
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
that game looks cool. im glad i own it. some day i will play it too lol.

ME##

i got womb raider and star citizen from amd because i couldn't find allan wake lol awdood;

Thyme

ME##

Quote from: Still Spoopy Thyme on December 19, 2014, 07:33:03 AM
star citizen? like, an alpha or smth?
yeah.  everything else was 'i pretty much have something like this already'

lol :(

Thyme

on another note, assetto corsa is finally out of early access girl;

Thyme

TooB

So I ordered my christmas gifts with the amazon card my folks gave me

Fire Emblem Awakening
Bravely Default
Pokemon AS

Classic

Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition on Wii U

Merry Mario Holiday theme and Neon-green Mario theme for my 3DS Home menu.  giggle;

Go Up