May 03, 2024, 10:00:35 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on July 27, 2014, 12:07:09 AM
lmao i think i saw a video of that and it seemed so unfair
its not so bad at its core, but during some of the harder parts, you cant even rely on visuals.
And you dont get any second chances... one mistake and game over. You gotta start all over.
Its complete bull shit.

But now Im continuing Dark Souls 2. I feel better

TooB

Its sad too, because the rest of the game is pretty good

TooB

I... i did it... i beat drakengard 3's final boss...
FUCK YES!!!!!!

Infel

I just went through Only If, and am struggling with Jet Set Radio. I'm doing well enough in Mariokart 8, and only started MH3U recently. Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper I'm wrapping up stuff on.

TooB

Quote from: Infel on July 27, 2014, 05:38:16 PM
I just went through Only If, and am struggling with Jet Set Radio. I'm doing well enough in Mariokart 8, and only started MH3U recently. Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper I'm wrapping up stuff on.
oh cool. Someone else here plays warriors orochi

Infel

Quote from: Jojo on July 27, 2014, 05:46:09 PM
I'm new to all of it since I picked up Dynasty Warriors 8 on Steam and loved the shit out of Lingqi and Yinping. I also just bought a Wii U so I had to order it since NOT IN CANADA.

The only disappointment is Date is nowhere near as manly as in Sengoku Basara.

TooB

Quote from: Infel on July 27, 2014, 05:48:26 PM
Quote from: Jojo on July 27, 2014, 05:46:09 PM
I'm new to all of it since I picked up Dynasty Warriors 8 on Steam and loved the shit out of Lingqi and Yinping. I also just bought a Wii U so I had to order it since NOT IN CANADA.

The only disappointment is Date is nowhere near as manly as in Sengoku Basara.
yeah sengoku was great.
I pretty much only play as sun shang, ayane, and ryu

Kalahari Inkantation

finished dishonored this morning

i thought it was great, gameplay wise it feels pretty much like a slightly less polished (original) bioshock set in an alternate universe

my only significant complaint is that the game seriously limits player freedoms by so greatly encouraging a stealth-heavy pacifist playstyle, thus rendering half the neat powers and weapons that are available completely worthless

despite collecting every rune i never even bothered to unlock devouring storm/blood thirsty/shadow kill because i could only ever use them for murder, and the only reason i ever purchased upgrades for the pistol/crossbow/etc. is because there's pretty much nothing else to spend coins on lol

[spoiler]

story-wise, i thought the ending was a little abrupt, but considering there are three outcomes i guess they opted for quantity over quality there

also, the plot as a whole feels a little incoherent, especially in the sense that the outsider's role and connection with the dishonored universe is never really made clear

his presence is hardly perceptible despite his role in the plot being massive and as a result he feels kind of like an afterthought to explain why the protagonist has these magical abilities lol[/spoiler]

overall i v. much enjoyed it, will purchase the dlc at some indefinite point in the future

Thyme

glad you liked it

[spoiler]how many save files? ifeelbetter;[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

rofl

[spoiler]

i was disappointed to learn that there's a limit of just fifty or so which i had easily hit by the beginning of the second chapter (high overseer campbell), but i would estimate that i saved probably 400-500 times by the time i was finished sillydood;[/spoiler]

Thyme

Kalahari Inkantation

lol wow

how did you even get through that game without saving every two minutes

don't let's

There's only like 10 (I think) on the consoles.

Kalahari Inkantation

once i reached the cap i spent the rest of the game cycling through five

[spoiler]

and five turned out to be too few because i screwed up during lady boyle's party and had overwritten the most recent optimal save and had to restart that mission from the beginning[/spoiler]

Nyerp

[spoiler]that level was fucked up because the "good" option was to send lady boyle to be a rape slave for the rest of her life wtf[/spoiler]

Go Up