May 08, 2024, 01:01:03 PM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Kalahari Inkantation

finished zero mission after 10h 39m 54s (rofl i'm so slow)

i ended up with a 95% completion rate, and for a while i seriously considered going for 100%, but i gave up because fuck; those intricate shinesparking stunts awdood;

anyway aside from my self-imposed pressure to collect everything i v. much enjoyed it, can't wait to play fusion nyandood;

i think overall i prefer super metroid slightly more, but if there's one thing this game has over super it's that it does a much better job at funneling the player into the next significant area of the map (in part because of better world design and in part because some chozo statues explicitly tell you exactly where you need to be headed lol)

don't let's

Quote from: Tectron on July 15, 2014, 05:29:39 PM
finished zero mission after 10h 39m 54s (rofl i'm so slow)

i ended up with a 95% completion rate, and for a while i seriously considered going for 100%, but i gave up because fuck; those intricate shinesparking stunts awdood;

anyway aside from my self-imposed pressure to collect everything i v. much enjoyed it, can't wait to play fusion nyandood;

i think overall i prefer super metroid slightly more, but if there's one thing this game has over super it's that it does a much better job at funneling the player into the next significant area of the map (in part because of better world design and in part because some chozo statues explicitly tell you exactly where you need to be headed lol)
Will you ever play and complete Metroid?

Kalahari Inkantation

The original one?  I'm not sure.  Because it's unlocked after completing Zero Mission I do have access to it, but I guess it really depends on how primitive it feels compared to its sequels/remake. sillydood;

[spoiler=alt response]

no, i will probably never truly complete a metroid awdood;[/spoiler]

Samus Aran

imo prime 1 is quite easy to 100%, so that would be a good one to start with n_u

anyway i finished getting all the gold cups in mk8

don't let's

Quote from: Tectron on July 15, 2014, 05:37:23 PM
The original one?  I'm not sure.  Because it's unlocked after completing Zero Mission I do have access to it, but I guess it really depends on how primitive it feels compared to its sequels/remake. sillydood;

[spoiler=alt response]

no, i will probably never truly complete a metroid awdood;[/spoiler]
yeah the original. I've only bothered to play just a little bit of it partly because I've been spoiled by later games because no map and a lot of the spaces look the same

Kalahari Inkantation

considering i started with super and zero mission i'm as spoiled as could be

i'll probably give it a try at some point, but i'd be surprised if i ever complete it lol

Samus Aran

i've played the original metroid enough that i remember where just about everything is in brinstar but after that i start losing my way for a while lol

honestly it's not that hard to figure out where to go just to progress in that game, it's just a lot of trial-and-error and being really careful because you die a million times faster in that one

it's still probably my least favorite of the metroid games i've played though (but i haven't played other m or hunters...)

Samus Aran

finished: Pilotwings

bought: Dodonpachi Resurrection, Deathsmiles, Akai Katana

silvertone

strongbad

just modded a melee iso with the "20XX Training Hack Pack"
it is pretty sweet

I can set the AI to do certain things for myself to practice on, and I can turn on hitbox mode where characters are only their hit box bubbles instead of normal skins which is p cool

Nyerp

got double dragon neon on the psn sale and am playing it with brother

Samus Aran

that game is cool i like the stupid 80s one-liners

TooB

TooB

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Go Up