May 01, 2024, 10:03:40 AM

1,531,648 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

Holy fuck

Square Enix fuck you for making Tomb Raider so good  O_0
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Quote from: Commander Fuckass on July 04, 2014, 12:40:20 PM
Holy fuck

Square Enix fuck you for making Tomb Raider so good  O_0

it was developed by Crystal Dynamics, although they're basically a subsidiary of SE now since SE absorbed them (and Eidos) in 2009

but yeah Square Enix proper only published it

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

finished mirror's edge without firing a single shot :) :)

[spoiler]

not that it matters because the pc version doesn't have achievements awdood;[/spoiler]

i thought it was great, albeit brief

and gorgeous

i absolutely adore the [glow=black,2,300]minimalistic[/glow] use of color contrasting with all the white

my only complaints are minor

for one, it's kind of silly that death is generally preferable to surviving a significant fall because of the way respawning works

also, getting snagged on fuck;ing door handles and other minor elements that shouldn't even be solid objects at all is p. frustrating and caused me to fail stunts a number of times

overall v. good/ten just wish it was longer and maybe the pace of the game was more consistent

Samus Aran

gj tec, that's definitely the best way to play it. using a gun takes a lot out of the game imo. and i'm glad you enjoyed it.

wrench;

Samus Aran

btw you should try hard mode sometime. it turns off the red indicators (excepting things that are just red anyway, like some climbable pipes and ladders) to encourage finding your own paths. and obviously you die faster.

TooB

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on July 04, 2014, 06:42:45 PM
btw you should try hard mode sometime. it turns off the red indicators (excepting things that are just red anyway, like some climbable pipes and ladders) to encourage finding your own paths. and obviously you die faster.
masochist

Samus Aran

Quote from: Jojo on July 04, 2014, 07:02:58 PM
masochist

it's easy for me goowan

TooB

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on July 04, 2014, 07:23:01 PM
masochist

it's easy for me goowan
beat ninja gaiden then since you are so good goowan

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

masochist

it's easy for me goowan

i had a hard enough time resisting the urge to resort to firearms on normal akudood;

nonetheless i'll probably try it out on hard mode some day lol

don't let's

Started Spirit Tracks over. So glad they changed rolling to tapping instead of doing circles.

TooB

still wish they wouldve addd normal controls at least as an option

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Quote from: Tectron on July 04, 2014, 08:51:01 PM
masochist

it's easy for me goowan

i had a hard enough time resisting the urge to resort to firearms on normal akudood;

nonetheless i'll probably try it out on hard mode some day lol

do what i do and play it on hard without ever using guns OR slowdown to assist in combat n_u

although there is one part in the game i like to use slowdown for because it causes an amusing glitch (sort of) that lets you springboard off a box but then turn around mid-animation and go the opposite way, circumventing some other jumps and climbing. on the mall stage. technically you can do it on any springboard jump but that's the only one it's useful for. it was very helpful in speedruns.

Go Up