May 08, 2024, 09:03:31 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

silvertone

Commander Fuckass

Rikku will always be my #2 FF waifu right after Penelo
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

March 20, 2014, 03:01:28 PM #13923 Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:05:35 PM by Tectron
i finally finished la noire's main story overnight

i almost wish i hadn't picked up as dramatically as it did in the last 1/4 of the game, because it makes my final judgement more difficult

in any case, under no circumstances should it ever take 3/4 of the total playtime of a game before it actually starts to become truly engaging, because as much as i tried to convince myself i was having fun, the first ~fifteen hours of la noire are honestly an absolute drag

it isn't helped by the game feeling like 50% guesswork as a result of the poorly implemented interrogation system and the fact that doing things in the 'wrong' order will often negatively impact your final score, even though there's usually nothing obvious indicating that one should go to location x or speak with character a before going to location y or speaking with character b

other minor complaints include vehicular/environmental damage and npc injury affecting your score, even though npc ai is absolutely retarded as they frequently dive in front of the very vehicle they're trying to avoid

the final fourth of the game has the same problems, but by that point its story had become interesting enough that they weren't nearly as much of a hindrance to my enjoyment of the game, especially since the frequency of interrogations and investigations had diminished anyway and it was quickly becoming more grand theft auto than la noire

which is what it really is at its core, i feel as if another part of the problem is that it never does quite enough to feel like anything more than an interesting but ultimately unbefitting frosting on a gta cake

i was genuinely enjoying myself with those last few arson cases, they were the only ones that had me waiting with bated breath for the loading screens to pass

but overall, meh/10

6M69I69B9

i have gotten 50/50 for the streetpass achievements for a link between worlds

damn lol
Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

Classic

You actually played the game beyond the story? I found it all so dull and easy I traded it in as soon as I beat it.

silvertone

Quote from: Classic HD on March 20, 2014, 07:02:24 PM
You actually played the game beyond the story? I found it all so dull and easy I traded it in as soon as I beat it.
Is there any zelda game you like......

6M69I69B9

Quote from: Classic HD on March 20, 2014, 07:02:24 PM

The only thing I'd actually do was just fight users I passed, and I might as well get 50/50 in my Records since I have the opportunity.  Fought Gramps.  Now I don't have much to do unless I wanted to do the...Master Quest and try to get 50/50 Records on that file, which I probably won't do. 

i hold nostalgia to the game since i played link to the past in the...past.  i keep all of my games anyway, unless they really suck. 

Quote from: Travis on April 03, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
gotta eat the booty like groceries

Quote from: Travis on March 01, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Quote from: reefer on March 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM
Technology and globalism go hand and hand. If you want to be on the forefront of technology then you gotta be global

the earth is flat you globecuck

silvertone

ALBW had some fun side quests, if we exclude the baseball one.

Classic

I did recently beat ALttP and loved it.

Wind Waker and Majora's Mask are also my favorites.

Nyerp

Quote from: cybermancer on March 20, 2014, 07:16:09 PM

it took me an hour to get that piece of heart akudood;

PLEASEHELP1991

Checked out Fire Emblem: Awakening from my library
They had Kirby's epic yarn too
I love [you]

silvertone

Quote from: Nyerp on March 20, 2014, 07:31:35 PM
Quote from: cybermancer on March 20, 2014, 07:16:09 PM

it took me an hour to get that piece of heart akudood;
I didn't Even Complete It.

Hiro

been playing fire emblem awakening a lot today, thought i'd try hard since it was described as "for experienced fire emblem players" while medium was "for beginners to the fire emblem series" and there's no easy option, but there is lunatic mode after hard, so I figured hard would just be slightly challenging
holy moth of fuck i had the restart the first battle like twice and by the 3rd or 4th battle i had restarted like 10 times and i just fucking can't

Thyme

Go Up