May 07, 2024, 09:16:25 PM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on March 16, 2014, 04:58:38 PM
Quote from: Nyerp on March 16, 2014, 03:55:10 PM
Quote from: Thyme on March 16, 2014, 01:29:38 PM
p.good/10

#thymeopinion

agreed

also i beat the main arc of Ef: A Tale of Graces. i'll play the future arc for sure but i consider the game "beaten"

did you like it

i enjoyed the game a lot but i'm a fan of the series so i have a bias. i do think it had some of the worst characters in the franchise though and a really disappointing villain/ending (the power of friendship!!)

but yeah play the future arc, it gives some closure to the story and such

yeah i liked it

mainly for the battle system though lol

the story was completely-generic-anime-plot #932445 but i guess it was interesting enough

how did lambda, a robot, have evil monster-generating, spirit-manifesting, invincibility powers??????? no one cared to ask apparently

and asbel's dull milquetoast-ness was only amplified by his atrocious english voice actor who delivered all his lines as slowly as possible. i can't compare the rest of the characters to other tales characters obviously but they were okay

but really though the biggest fault of the game imo was the cramped, tiny game world that caused most of the game's travel time to be spent backtracking back and forth across the same 3 or so boring-ass stretches of map (which i guess could have been solved by using the turtlez transport or whatever but i didn't want to skip over enemies lol)

also the dungeons. god, why the dungeons???? all of them had the most excruciatingly bland puzzles and mind-numbing cut-and-paste designs i've ever seen holy shit

but besides all these complaints, i still had plenty of fun with the battle system, the dualizing, the title system, and was at least entertained enough by the plot and characters to feel like the game is a solid 7/10

Samus Aran

i am glad you liked it that much. i think you would like xillia, vesperia, and abyss more bassir;

but yeah i really love the graces battle system and dualizing

Nyerp

i'll probs play xillia as my next tales game. it seems more appealing because it has a sequel coming out lol

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on March 16, 2014, 04:43:32 PM
The story of Lightning Returns is pants on head retarded but at least the combat is fun
all xiii stories are pretty retarded. Its funny, stories get worse, but gameplay gets better

strongbad

i've been sucked back into spelunky

i lost motivation to keep playing once my room mate beat hell before me :(
now is my time.

TooB

Quote from: Nyerp on March 16, 2014, 07:46:29 PM
i'll probs play xillia as my next tales game. it seems more appealing because it has a sequel coming out lol
regarding your earlier complaint about dungeons and their puzzles, that never really gets any better in any tales game

Snowy

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on March 17, 2014, 10:38:54 AM
People still play SF4?
ummm.... yes?
The support that capcom is giving it this late is wierd, but yes people still play sf4.
They still have tourneys and everything

Snowy

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on March 17, 2014, 10:44:18 AM
But it's SF4

it's so... clunky.
i'd have  to disagree
I'll probably get the retail version on ps3

Snowy

strongbad

got to king yama on my first try spelunkin' today
i only had one heart left though and i died from shit falling on me after i killed his hands
:(

Nyerp

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on March 17, 2014, 10:03:36 AM
Quote from: Nyerp on March 16, 2014, 07:46:29 PM
regarding your earlier complaint about dungeons and their puzzles, that never really gets any better in any tales game

oh....

Samus Aran

was it Graces that had the part where your characters get separated in a ridiculously tall dungeon with spiraling bright staircase things and you have to get them back together with teleporter pad things

i can't remember if it was Graces of Xillia but it was one of the worst Tales puzzles ever lol

but idk, in general i personally think even with regard to dungeons and puzzles, the other games were a bit better. Symphonia in particular doesn't really have any that are too bad that i can remember, except maybe the optional darkness seal dungeon which has an awful gimmick lol

Go Up