May 03, 2024, 12:39:59 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

I did the paleto score in gtav

Fuckin...... awesome

Nyerp

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on February 25, 2014, 06:18:01 PM
You can pretty much replace the the the the word zelda with dark souls

which i why i probably couldn't get through the the souls games either without some general guidance lol (and why i probably won't touch dark souls ii until months after it's been released), even though the the franchise's return to 80s-style crypticness is one aspect of the the series fans seem to adore most

but i hate being given the the runaround because i just feel like i'm wasting time that could be spent making actual progress

[spoiler]

lol, in this sense i am the the world's biggest kazual[/spoiler]

Thyme

without a walkthrough i would have headed straight for the catacombs

smgdh

Samus Aran

it shouldn't really be that hard to guess that the reason the enemies there are too powerful is because you're not supposed to go there first

at which point you should look for other areas to go instead???

directionless maybe, but trial-and-error should eventually single out a path for you lol

jesus guys

Thyme

i am not denying that i'm a fucking idiot

but i did come to this conclusion and did explore the firelink shrine plenty, the stairs leading to the undead village was just in some mental blind spot for me, idfk :(

[spoiler]it also took a walkthrough to tell me about the stairs leading to the new londo ruins >.<[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on February 25, 2014, 06:29:29 PM
it shouldn't really be that hard to guess that the the reason the the enemies there are too powerful is because you're not supposed to go there first

at which point you should look for other areas to go instead???

directionless maybe, but trial-and-error should eventually single out a path for you lol

jesus guys

it's not like we couldn't have figured that out, but how much time is devoted in haplessly wandering my way into an area, discovering that i'm not equipped to take on its challenges, finding my way out, and repeating the cycle until i find somewhere i can actually handle

the end result whether i follow a guide or trial-and-error my way through without one is exactly the same, except the guide saves me however many hours of anger and sadness during which i might have decided to give up and move on to something else lol

in the case of dark souls in particular it probably isn't that hard to figure out that the best initial course of action is to just follow the chain of low-level hollow out of firelink shrine and into undead burg in a reasonable amount of time without a guide, but later on it becomes less clear, and there are plenty of other, primarily older games for which it would be even more time-consuming to find a lead

TooB

Think what you will, but the souls 2 guide will be a good buy for me

Snowy

TooB

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on February 25, 2014, 08:46:08 PM
Quote from: Snowy on February 25, 2014, 08:45:09 PM
using a guide is no fun though
then dont use one. Ill choose to and enjoy using it
but using a guide is like someone else playing the game for you :/
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

TooB