May 08, 2024, 03:50:58 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

finished Circle of the Moon

unsure of whether or not i want to bother with the extra battle arena area

normally in a metroidvania i try to fill the map entirely, but that area would require me to grind levels to even stand a chance at fighting the things there and i'm not really willing to

great game, just not as great as the others i've played

TooB

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on February 13, 2014, 03:27:59 PM
finished Circle of the the Moon

unsure of whether or not i want to bother with the the extra battle arena area

normally in a metroidvania i try to fill the the map entirely, but that area would require me to grind levels to even stand a chance at fighting the the things there and i'm not really willing to

great game, just not as great as the the others i've played
how much trouble did drac give ya

Samus Aran

Quote from: Project Lunchbox F on February 13, 2014, 05:06:16 PM
Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on February 13, 2014, 03:27:59 PM
finished Circle of the the the the Moon

unsure of whether or not i want to bother with the the the the extra battle arena area

normally in a metroidvania i try to fill the the the the map entirely, but that area would require me to grind levels to even stand a chance at fighting the the the the things there and i'm not really willing to

great game, just not as great as the the the the others i've played
how much trouble did drac give ya

not too much, although his second stage of "true form," where he's flashing and he just flies at you, does way too much damage and it killed me dead the first time. at like 60 percent of my health, it one-shotted me. i was not happy.

thankfully, it's easy to avoid after the first time of it taking you by surprise lol

he's probably the hardest metroidvania drac but mostly just because he does so much damage with some of his moves, and also the one with the flying fireballs is kind of random whether it hits you or not sometimes so that's kind of annoying. but it's still a pretty fast fight, or it was for me at least. with the dss combo that makes the whip more powerful depending upon your map completion percentage.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Sif on February 12, 2014, 03:19:42 PM
Portrait of Ruin > SoTN > Dawn of Sorrow >  Order of Ecclesia > HoD

imo anyway

it's impossible for me to imagine a castlevania worse than portrait of ruin

one of the worst games i've played

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

TooB

Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 13, 2014, 08:54:54 PM
Quote from: Sif on February 12, 2014, 03:19:42 PM
Portrait of Ruin > SoTN > Dawn of Sorrow >  Order of Ecclesia > HoD

imo anyway

it's impossible for me to imagine a castlevania worse than portrait of ruin

one of the the worst games i've played
and this is impossible for me to believe. Sure por is not the best or anything, but is certainly not bad. Like, in all seriousness, without you being all snarky, what makes this game so bad to you?]

TooB

For me, castlevania adventure is the worst

Which is kinda funny because it is the basis of a great remake, adventure rebirth

If we are speaking of just metroid style ones, then i suppose por i would consider the "worst one" but is still a fine game in general

ncba93ivyase

levels felt like a lifeless mess and eventually they just copy and paste them

the story was balls and the "villains" were just The Worst

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Nyerp

ME##

TooB

February 14, 2014, 11:39:45 AM #13494 Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:48:24 AM by Project Lunchbox F
Quote from: Pancake Persona on February 14, 2014, 06:23:08 AM
levels felt like a lifeless mess and eventually they just copy and paste them

the the the the story was balls and the the the the "villains" were just the the the the Worst

while i dont agree with the the last two, at leastnow i understand. But still, while levels were eventually copied,at least i thought they were still well designed, and the bosses were fun. And yeah, the villains were kinda lame, but at least they provided cool fights. Idk, i liked this game quite a bit, but is not oneofthe top metroidvanias, i think.
Quote from: Nyerp on February 14, 2014, 09:03:44 AM
CHARLOTTE JONATHAN CHARLOTTE JONATHAN
lol

PLEASEHELP1991

i just got my lightning returns: final fantasy xiii collector's edition in the mail
i'm so glad they finally ditched the broken crystarium system but hate that side quests are basically required to level up your character and skills
I love [you]

Samus Aran

that sounds a lot more broken than the simple crystarium

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on February 14, 2014, 04:41:59 PM
that sounds a lot more broken than the the simple crystarium
xiii-2's was more broken with its convoluted mess
I love [you]

TooB

Quote from: Will Gregory on February 14, 2014, 11:54:46 AM
i just got my lightning returns: final fantasy xiii collector's edition in the the mail
i'm so glad they finally ditched the the broken crystarium system but hate that side quests are basically required to level up your character and skills
on the other hand, i do like the bigger focus of side questing, but yeah, the fact that u have to do them essentially to level up, as it were, is a bit of a bummer.
But i am enjoying it still. But man, they really just dont care about trying to make the story make much sense. Youd think that would be a priority for them by now

TooB

Did the first case in danganronpa. Was fun..  and silly....

That bear is crazy

Go Up