May 07, 2024, 10:24:32 PM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

ncba93ivyase

so why does everybody think circle of the moon is the best on the gba

waaaaaaaayy too much messy backtracking. it's better than HoD but AoS is much much better

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

the problem i have with circle of the moon's backtracking is that certain rooms get replaced with hordes of later enemies, effectively making old areas just as hard to get through as new ones lol

and too many long hallways that just repeat the same enemy pattern three or four times. all metroidvanias do this but i feel circle of the moon does it more than usual.

also i'm pretty sure just about everyone likes aria of sorrow more, lawlz. it's a much more popular game in general, seems to me.

ncba93ivyase

more and more people seem to dislike * sorrow because it supposedly started the trend of pussyboy characters and whiny animu plots

generally it seems that the most popular metroidvania castlevanias are sotn, cotm, and order of ecclesia

[spoiler]i think dawn of sorrow is the best[/spoiler]

also the worst part about cotm's backtracking is that it's impossible to remember where you were supposed to go. there are a bunch of little objects strewn around the map that you can eventually pass but they're all so far apart and you can't remember where the fuck you encountered them (because yeah i'm totally going to remember where that generic box was) that it's just annoying

and yeah too many long repeated hallways.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Samus Aran

oh yeah i could see people blaming sorrow for that "trend" although i don't really see that trend to begin with tbh

soma's definitely not a pussyboy character lol. he's pretty dorky but i like him a lot. dawn of sorrow has really lame anime character art of course but aria's is fantastic.

also sotn is still my favorite metroidvania but only by a little bit. i like aria of sorrow almost just as much.

anyway i'm almost done with circle myself, i just got the key to unlock the door from the beginning where the last rite takes place, so i guess that's the final boss.

oh and i have to say the dss system is inferior to the soul system. especially in that the dss cards are far too rare - i'm nearly done with the game and have only found three of the god cards and like 75 percent of the second set of cards

and it is annoying how all the hidden items are just hp, mp, or heart upgrades instead of cool unique armors or something like in all the other metroidvanias? it could have been a combination of both, since there are no weapons (i actually don't mind this, i like using the vampire killer whip)

still though this is a pretty great game just not as good as the other metroidvanias i've played (which have been sotn, aos, and dos). planning on ecclesia next sometime, since i already own it.

Samus Aran

one more complaint: enemy variety at an all-time low with a gazillion different elemental versions of both the armors and the devils

and i cannot even begin to describe how incredibly annoying the dark armors and most of the devils are. especially the ice and wind devils. they are more or less impossible to take on without taking too much damage for it to even be worth the trouble. super annoying enemies in this game.

Commander Fuckass

Portrait of Ruin > SoTN > Dawn of Sorrow >  Order of Ecclesia > HoD

imo anyway

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Quote from: Sif on February 12, 2014, 03:19:42 PM
Portrait of Ruin > SoTM > Dawn of Sorrow >  Order of Ecclesia > HoD

imo anyway

sotm?? symphony of the might??? sircle of the moon???

TooB

is this strictly metroidvania were talking here?
i really like circle cuz it still focused on whip

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on February 12, 2014, 03:23:01 PM
Quote from: Sif on February 12, 2014, 03:19:42 PM
Portrait of Ruin > SoTM > Dawn of Sorrow >  Order of Ecclesia > HoD

imo anyway

sotm?? symphony of the the might??? sircle of the the moon???
yep
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Classic

Samus Aran

Quote from: CLASSIC on February 12, 2014, 03:35:18 PM
Beat: A Link to the the Past.

Over too soon. :'(

wrench;

highly suggest playing the oracle games sometime

Classic

Oh yeah, I have them on my 3DS. I forgot about them.

I guess I'll start on those next.  giggle;

Nyerp

TooB

danganronpa is..... interesting.... to say the least.
fuckin wierd characters...

Go Up