May 08, 2024, 03:04:13 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

i somewhat agree with lawlz...if his implication is that it's somewhat of a dull shmup

it's not bad or anything but idk

then again, the snes doesn't have a ton of great shmups to begin with, that was more of a genesis thing that generation

axelay is pretty great though

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on January 29, 2014, 01:47:18 PM
i somewhat agree with lawlz...if his implication is that it's somewhat of a dull shmup

it's not bad or anything but idk

then again, the snes doesn't have a ton of great shmups to begin with, that was more of a genesis thing that generation

axelay is pretty great though
there's nothing i disagree with here

axelay is awesome but it should've been 2 levels longer.

r-type iii is pretty good but idk never been much of an r-type fan
Quote from: udderfailure on January 29, 2014, 11:54:57 AM
How far have you gotten? Seems like a well designed game and critics seem to like it
one thing i've noticed is critics know diddly shit about shmups lol

un squadron is just okay but being an snes game fans and critics add 20 percent by default. people just hold snes games in higher regard for absolutely no reason. un squadron isn't bad but i never had fun playing it. it's for some reason the most talked about 16 bit console shmup outside of gradius and i probably wouldn't put it in my top 20

also genesis shmups had better music: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMdOSgNiBLw[/youtube]

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Snowy

I just ordered Kidou Senshi Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn lol

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Snowy on January 29, 2014, 06:21:15 PM
I just ordered Kidou Senshi Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn lol
that isnt even a real game

also the ending to demon souls was really anticlimatic unless there was a secret boss i was supposed to fight?

Samus Aran

anticlimactic sums it up well, but for some reason i thought it was really cool regardless

Snowy

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on January 29, 2014, 07:31:50 PM
that isnt even a real game

also the ending to demon souls was really anticlimatic unless there was a secret boss i was supposed to fight?
yes, you fly around space killing other Gundam.

Quote from: Snowy on January 29, 2014, 07:40:56 PM
yes, you fly around space killing other Gundam.
i had that one for ps2 it kind of sucked

Kalahari Inkantation

January 29, 2014, 08:04:26 PM #13372 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 08:23:27 PM by A Fatass Penguin Named Tec
Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on January 29, 2014, 07:31:50 PM

[spoiler=spoils]

i absolutely love the final battle

the juxtaposition of the powerful hulking behemoths that make up the majority of the game's bosses with the final boss; that decrepit, sickly, pitiful parasitic slug who has become completely unrecognizable as the formerly majestic and almighty king allant (whose awe you were just able to witness in the form of a doppelganger for yourself), makes an appreciable statement about the unfathomably corruptive power of demon's souls and what ultimately happens to those dastardly individuals who foolishly allow themselves to be tempted by their evil

god i adore that ending sequence so much[/spoiler]

Nyerp

tec jacks off in bathroom stalls thinking about demon's souls

Kalahari Inkantation

rofl

i really do think the poignancy of the ending made it easily one of the best parts of the game, if not the best

Kalahari Inkantation

[spoiler]

and who doesn't jack off in public bathrooms to the maiden in black every now and then lubdoods;[/spoiler]

i laughed like a devil when i accidentally walked away from the maiden in blakc

also its kind of disappointing that you don't fight the intro movie dragon thing

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on January 29, 2014, 08:21:38 PM

also its kind of disappointing that you don't fight the intro movie dragon thing

but you did

assuming you're talking about the monster with the double jaws, that was the dragon god lol

though they don't make it blatantly obvious as he doesn't quite look like he did in the intro

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on January 29, 2014, 08:27:42 PM
but you did

assuming you're talking about the monster with the double jaws, that was the dragon god lol

though they don't make it blatantly obvious as he doesn't quite look like he did in the intro
oh yeah your right lol

Samus Aran

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on January 29, 2014, 08:21:38 PM

a lot of npc with dialogue options, like merchants and such, say pretty hilarious things if you just walk away from them while interacting with them lol

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on January 29, 2014, 08:04:26 PM
[spoiler=spoils]

i absolutely love the final battle

the juxtaposition of the powerful hulking behemoths that make up the majority of the game's bosses with the final boss; that decrepit, sickly, pitiful parasitic slug who has become completely unrecognizable as the formerly majestic and almighty king allant (whose awe you were just able to witness in the form of a doppelganger for yourself), makes an appreciable statement about the unfathomably corruptive power of demon's souls and what ultimately happens to those dastardly individuals who foolishly allow themselves to be tempted by their evil

god i adore that ending sequence so much[/spoiler]

agreed 100 percent

Go Up