May 08, 2024, 11:54:17 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Thyme on January 16, 2014, 07:37:16 PM
ya

but i ain't doing that golden temple bullshi
its not that hard. If i can do it, so can you

silvertone

Snowy

Thyme

TooB

Quote from: silvertone on January 17, 2014, 08:43:11 AM
feyd, not everyone was born equal...
thats what im saying. Im not that good, so if i can do it.....

Kalahari Inkantation

January 17, 2014, 01:55:51 PM #13235 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:14:46 PM by A Fatass Penguin Named Tec
1000‰ completed tomb raider a couple of days ago

[spoiler=thoughts (mild insignificant spoils)]

I was surprised by the extent to this game borrows from Uncharted.  Now I know it's obvious that it does, but it's even more blatant and shameless than I ever could have imagined. befuddlement

-dashing across a collapsing bridge

-frenzied escape from burning buildings

-climbing up and across the wreck of a train plane hanging from the edge of a precipice, with many near-misses and close calls along the way

Even subtleties like the way Lara will run her hand against a nearby wall evoke strong images of Naughty Dog's recent titles.  It's as if they tried to take all three Uncharted games and compress them down into their most exciting moments, combined with an expanded version of The Last of Us' weapons and skill-upgrading systems (though to be fair that last part is likely mere coincidence since Tomb Raider came just before TLoU).

also, i really hated the unrealistic and wholly unnecessary camera jitter for the first few hours of the game, it was bad enough that it led to mild motion sickness

i got used to it after some time but i still wish there were a way to turn it off, or at least that the jitter only occurred when it made sense for it to occur and not just while walking calmly along perfectly level terrain

and while it is certainly uncharted in terms of gameplay, it's no uncharted when it comes to writing

some of the dialogue and cutscenes come off as kind of awkward, and the pacing of the story can be strange at times

but overall i thought it was great, 8/10 will probably buy again (i'm disgusting)
[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

and with that finished, i think next i'll pick up dark souls where i left it off over a year ago, since dark souls seems to be all the rage among the youth these days

Nyerp

what is a game that will help me git gud at games in general

Thyme

Quote from: A Fatass Penguin Named Tec on January 17, 2014, 01:55:51 PM
will probably buy again (i'm disgusting)

disgusting in that you forgot you weren't the one who bought it the first time around :|

silvertone

Nyerp

silvertone

Classic

Nyappu-chan, if your brother lets you play his Wii U, get NES REMIX.

It's a lot of fun.  giggle;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on January 17, 2014, 02:27:15 PM
disgusting in that you forgot you weren't the one who bought it the first time around :|

i didn't forget, but i wanted to emphasize that it would end up being paid for twice (even if not by me both times)

could totes have made an inb4 for that lol

Nyerp

Quote from: CLASSIC on January 17, 2014, 02:36:35 PM
Nyappu-chan, if your brother lets you play his Wii U, get NES REMIX.

It's a lot of fun.  giggle;

metacritic disagrees

Go Up