May 09, 2024, 02:36:37 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Will Gregory on January 05, 2014, 02:31:50 PM
nice tales of xillia. leave me with only one party member that i don't even know how to control
[spoiler]it's jude[/spoiler]
oh well, i'll practice...
:x

are you at the part where it's only jude and milla but she can't walk or battle or anything

[spoiler]also jude is by far the easiest to battle with lol[/spoiler]

PLEASEHELP1991

Quote from: Thymeus on January 05, 2014, 02:44:14 PM
is there an antisemitic joke somewhere in there
yeah probably
Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on January 05, 2014, 02:44:50 PM
are you at the part where it's only jude and milla but she can't walk or battle or anything

[spoiler]also jude is by far the easiest to battle with lol[/spoiler]
yes
also, that's good to know
I love [you]

Samus Aran

that part is really short though so if it bothers you that much just don't fight very much lol

Kalahari Inkantation

just finished what is most absolutely the worst piece of shit i've ever had the displeasure of "playing"

the original tomb raider is a miserably broken, frustrating mess of a game, only ever challenging due to utterly piss-poor design and controls that are at total war with you every single agonizing step of the way

how in god's name did this disaster ever attain such accolades, because it's virtually unplayable today and that couldn't have been any different even way back in 1996

And this was one of the hallmarks of the PS1?  I sure am glad I grew up on the N64. goonish

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

started killzone 2

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im not big on single player fps deals. My roommate bought this and the third one, he just beat 2 and started 3.

I think this was suppsed to be some kind of answer to Halo, but it pales in comparison (halo was pretty mediocre itself.)

also what is worse is that 2 has the shittiest motion controls. It took me 4 tries to turn a fucking valve. Goddamn sony.

i feel obligated to play this because my roommate keeps talking and talking about it.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on January 05, 2014, 09:42:19 PM
I think this was suppsed to be some kind of answer to Halo

it is

and it's the only reason mediocre-at-best sony franchises like killzone and resistance exist rofl

Kalahari Inkantation

anyway

tomb raider [glow=black,2,300](2013)[/glow] is up next awdood;

ME##

Quote from: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo on January 05, 2014, 09:42:19 PM
started killzone 2

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

im not big on single player fps deals. My roommate bought this and the third one, he just beat 2 and started 3.

I think this was suppsed to be some kind of answer to Halo, but it pales in comparison (halo was pretty mediocre itself.)

also what is worse is that 2 has the shittiest motion controls. It took me 4 tries to turn a fucking valve. Goddamn sony.

i feel obligated to play this because my roommate keeps talking and talking about it.

killzone is the epitome of grey and murky fps that typified the last generation.  it's a shame, the developers seem to really put a lot of work into it too lol, whenever they were showing off that tech demo at some e3 where they took off all the shitty filters they put onto the lighting and stuff it didn't look half bad.

but then of course the story is wank

Samus Aran

tec why the hell did you play the original first honestly

it was already hard to play back then from what i remember, although imo not completely unplayable or anything. by today's standards pretty bad though, it'd probably be pretty difficult to go back to with zero prior experience.

ps1 had more important major games and series than tomb raider though, you know. if anything, tomb raider was virtually forgotten compared to series like crash. and then of course the mountain of very good rpgs that i know you'll never play lol

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

this year i plan to beat the rpgs i have for ps3. ni no kuni, tales of xillia, demons/dark souls, ff9, ff8 and xenogears

fucking rpgs why do i buy these time hogs

Kalahari Inkantation

January 05, 2014, 10:07:29 PM #13090 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:12:16 PM by A Fatass Penguin Named Tec
Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on January 05, 2014, 09:56:57 PMtec why the hell did you play the original first honestly

at first, i thought having context would help me better enjoy the most recent title in the franchise

i only continued because i'm a masochist i guess

and i truly would describe it as unplayable unless the player is the type who hates himself, or the type who has allowed the caustic acid that is nostalgia to excoriate his eyes

Quote from: Nonon Jakuzure on January 05, 2014, 09:56:57 PM
ps1 had more important major games and series than tomb raider though, you know. if anything, tomb raider was virtually forgotten compared to series like crash. and then of course the mountain of very good rpgs that i know you'll never play lol

lol

that last part wasn't actually meant to be taken seriously at all, obv. tomb raider isn't the sole defining title of the ps1

even i've played some of its truly stellar titles like mgs1

i just had to let my inner nintendo (or more like anti- pre-2009- sony) fanboy out of its cage for a second in the heat of my rage

Samus Aran

its worth noting that i have no idea how much the series improved upon itself in sequels because a bit of the original tomb raider is my only experience with the whole series

i'm not even sure how many other ones were even on the ps1

and i think it was remade at some point?

not a series i know much about, or care much about for that matter goowan

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

eh, i'll get to it someday, but the 2013 game will probably be where i start

Kalahari Inkantation

i will never, ever touch another pre-2013 one as long as i live

Go Up