May 08, 2024, 03:03:30 PM

1,531,623 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

bluaki

I just finished Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Dual Destinies

I think it might be my favorite game in the series. Although I don't remember the previous games all that well anymore, I believe my opinion of them is something like 5 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 2.

The first case is what you'd expect of a first case, nothing special.
The second case isn't so great, partially because there's so much focus on Japanese culture that doesn't localize well to America and partially because it's hardly connected to the overall plot and has less interesting characterization
The last three cases are great

I really like how well they handled adapting Ace Attorney into 3D. It really feels like nothing in the art style was lost, character animations are as silly and ridiculous as before, and 3D effects aren't thrown at your face (well, except certain points in the 2nd case where something literally is thrown at your face), and they added a few small details that would've been much more difficult with 2D, like certain characters' details changing at times and in one part putting three people at the defense at once bench rather than the two (one attorney, one partner) it's always been.

The plot and characters build quite a lot on Apollo Justice, with several references to and returning characters from the first two Phoenix Wright games as well (I don't remember anything related to Trials and Tribulations).

TooB

Quote from: bluaki on October 26, 2013, 07:22:05 PM
I just finished Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Dual Destinies

I think it might be my favorite game in the series. Although I don't remember the previous games all that well anymore, I believe my opinion of them is something like 5 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 2.

The first case is what you'd expect of a first case, nothing special.
The second case isn't so great, partially because there's so much focus on Japanese culture that doesn't localize well to America and partially because it's hardly connected to the overall plot and has less interesting characterization
The last three cases are great

I really like how well they handled adapting Ace Attorney into 3D. It really feels like nothing in the art style was lost, character animations are as silly and ridiculous as before, and 3D effects aren't thrown at your face (well, except certain points in the 2nd case where something literally is thrown at your face), and they added a few small details that would've been much more difficult with 2D, like certain characters' details changing at times and in one part putting three people at the defense at once bench rather than the two (one attorney, one partner) it's always been.

The plot and characters build quite a lot on Apollo Justice, with several references to and returning characters from the first two Phoenix Wright games as well (I don't remember anything related to Trials and Tribulations).
dammit, now i want it.
It really is too bad that its download only, but ill still get it soon

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Snowy

I've only finished the 1st case in AA5 but I'm really liking it.

I also ordered Xillia for $30 wrench;

Thyme

Quote from: Kefka on October 27, 2013, 01:42:18 PM
Did Thyme like XCOM or was it 2hard4him

don't be silly, you know i don't play any of the games i buy hocuspocus;

Commander Fuckass

Snowy

TooB

Totally just beat castlevania 64.
Next up, replay lords of shadow,
Along with batman ao of course

Thyme

but speaking of thyme playing games tonight in tlou i threw molotov cocktails and a grenade at two bloaters (plus a clicker) at the same time it was p.awesome girl;

also it's gonna be over so soon :(

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Commander Fuckass

Thyme

Wrench

Quote from: Thyme on October 26, 2013, 10:04:06 AM
saints row iv

Good choice. GTA V and SRIV are completely different, but I enjoyed IV a lot more. It actually had me hooked and wanting to play every second I could. On V, I am not very far and only did a few missions after getting Trevor. I only have a huge desire to play when my friend is in town from college.

You'll enjoy IV if you like the previous games. It's silly and knows it. Lots of homages to other games in it.

Commander Fuckass

Go Up