May 03, 2024, 01:12:01 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

I got a xillia poster today.
Is it pronounced ex-illia, or zillia?

TooB

Snowy

Quote from: Milla Maxwell on August 19, 2013, 05:13:06 PM
I got a xillia poster today.
Is it pronounced ex-illia, or zillia?
I think it's the latter.
Quote from: Milla Maxwell on August 19, 2013, 04:41:45 PM
for a tales game, the graphics are good
Vesperia looks fucking beautiful in HD, I bet Xillia looks even better srsly

Patrick Stickles

did anyone get the new hot shots game

because it's like all the others

which is good
What the fuck was it for anyway?

ME##

Quote from: Patrick Stickles on August 19, 2013, 09:03:14 PM
did anyone get the new hot shots game

because it's like all the others

which is good
i had the psp one it was p. neat

Patrick Stickles

it just got released for ps3 for CROSS PLAY WHOA MAN HOLY SHIT
What the fuck was it for anyway?

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Snowy on August 19, 2013, 06:48:49 PM
I think it's the latter.Vesperia looks fucking beautiful in HD, I bet Xillia looks even better srsly
maybe i just havent gotten to good graphics part cause i feel like the graphics are on par with a ps3 launch title

Snowy

Quote from: N o t S i d on August 19, 2013, 10:11:29 PM
maybe i just havent gotten to good graphics part cause i feel like the graphics are on par with a ps3 launch title
I doubt they'll get any better. :(

TooB

Imo, its not the graphics that are bad, but mainly the animation thats the problem.
Tales games never really had great animation on the characters

Samus Aran

i think tales studio just feels like they can keep getting away with lackluster animation and never really update the character model cel-shading because they can call it a stylistic choice at this point because it's been so long since they really overhauled anything but they still maintain a following of fans

but it doesn't really hamper any enjoyment i get out of the games so it doesn't matter too much to me

regardless it DOES look better than previous tales games especially with regard to environments and stuff. but this is just one of those series that is never really gonna bother trying to look as good as it could.

on the plus side, there are tons of anime cutscenes in this game as opposed to only a few like the previous ones had.

anyway i'm like 36 hours into it now and the story takes a huge twist in chapter 3

Thyme

TooB

Quote from: Naoto Shirogane on August 20, 2013, 08:18:16 AM
i think tales studio just feels like they can keep getting away with lackluster animation and never really update the character model cel-shading because they can call it a stylistic choice at this point because it's been so long since they really overhauled anything but they still maintain a following of fans

but it doesn't really hamper any enjoyment i get out of the games so it doesn't matter too much to me

regardless it DOES look better than previous tales games especially with regard to environments and stuff. but this is just one of those series that is never really gonna bother trying to look as good as it could.

on the plus side, there are tons of anime cutscenes in this game as opposed to only a few like the previous ones had.

anyway i'm like 36 hours into it now and the story takes a huge twist in chapter 3
sweet, im like 17 hrs in

TooB

Got my saints row fo'. Its a lot of fun, what with its super jump and speed

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Snowy

Go Up