May 08, 2024, 04:42:08 PM

1,531,623 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

August 01, 2013, 11:18:55 AM #11475 Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:37:11 AM by Chesty LaRue
Btw let me just go back to that god hand baby game thing. While i was joking, think about it...
Lets assume god hand is a terrible game... who is the target audience?
Well im sure its much wider than that baby game. And target audience for baby game.
Little kids... probably 5-10 year olds. For that target audience,  that game would be a 7+.
Does that make sense? Also take into account that those two reviews were most likely written by two different people. Reviews arent the view of the whole company.

Snowy

Quote from: Chesty LaRue on August 01, 2013, 11:04:58 AM
cuz its a BRAWLER. GAMEPLAY. ITS A GAME. NOT A MOVIE not every game need a deep story. Andsometimes  stories can overstay their welcome. Thats why some games have a skip cinematic option.
Dont play the game then
So all games should have shitty, Call of Duty-esque stories? I'm not saying that every game needs a deep story, just SOME story would be nice. Then why bother playing a game? I don't play games just to smack buttons around and make pretty colors appear on the screen.

I'm not arguing why I should/shouldn't play the game. I'm talking about why gaming journalism is so fucking awful.
Quote from: Chesty LaRue on August 01, 2013, 11:18:55 AM
Btw let me just go back to that god hand baby game thing. While i was joking, think about it...
Lets assume god hand is a terrible game... who is the target audience?
Well im sure its much wider than that baby game. And target audience for baby game.
Little kids... probably 5-10 year olds. For that target audience,  that game would be a 7+.
Does that make sense? Also take into account that those two reviews were most likely written by two different people. Reviews arent the view of the whole company.
wait you've never played god hand?
Quote from: Chesty LaRue on August 01, 2013, 11:07:22 AM
It seems most of us understand what a review is. And how people misuse them (snowy)
I know what a review is, tyvm. 5thgrade;

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on August 01, 2013, 11:38:37 AM
So all games should have shitty, Call of Duty-esque stories? I'm not saying that every game needs a deep story, just SOME story would be nice. Then why bother playing a game? I don't play games just to smack buttons around and make pretty colors appear on the screen.

I'm not arguing why I should/shouldn't play the game. I'm talking about why gaming journalism is so fucking awful.wait you've never played god hand?I know what a review is, tyvm. 5thgrade;
and IM saying that they said the story probably gets in the way with too much!

Cod story.... your weird.
No ive never played god hand. Cuz it looks dumb and i dont want to.

You may know what a review is, but you dont know how to use them

Thyme

i've never played god hand and i really don't want to confuseddood;

TooB

Quote from: Thyme on August 01, 2013, 11:46:05 AM
i've never played god hand and i really don't want to confuseddood;
yes. Why, am i supposed to? Is it really good?

Snowy

Quote from: Chesty LaRue on August 01, 2013, 11:43:49 AM
and IM saying that they said the story probably gets in the way with too much!

Cod story.... your weird.
No ive never played god hand. Cuz it looks dumb and i dont want to.

You may know what a review is, but you dont know how to use them
And that's why IGN is stupid goowan

My weird? What?

>not wanting to play one of the greatest beat em' ups
[youtube]6s544sFja5k[/youtube]

Isn't the point of a review to read them and learn if the product/game/??? is good? Like, correct me if I'm wrong, but a review is the people telling me their opinion about something that I'm unsure about. But I do feel that I have a good handle on what a review is, and how to use them, as I spent about a week reading reviews comparing phones so that I got the better one. goowan

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

if you have to resort to the differences in your/you're to try and win an arguement you are losing the arguement

Snowy

Quote from: N o t S i d on August 01, 2013, 01:28:14 PM
if you have to resort to the differences in your/you're to try and win an arguement you are losing the arguement
I honestly didn't know what he was saying

Classic

TooB

Quote from: N o t S i d on August 01, 2013, 01:28:14 PM
its the internet. since when was proper grammar relevant? in my experience, he tries way too hard to win an argument. resorting to very minor issues. somehow i doubt god hand is THAT good.

TooB

so back to my previous topic... knowing that SOMEONE will inevitably come back to this dumb argument, who's getting tales of xillia? besides who answered already.

TooB

Sorry snowy, that was rude. Anyway agree to disagree.

On another note. I rreceived rocket knight adventures today.

Samus Aran

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Video games are serious business, not for fun, for serious.

Snowy

Quote from: Chesty LaRue on August 01, 2013, 04:36:57 PM
its the internet. since when was proper grammar relevant? in my experience, he tries way too hard to win an argument. resorting to very minor issues. somehow i doubt god hand is THAT good.
Are you being serious with anything in this post? goowan

Go Up