May 09, 2024, 09:14:01 PM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

Quote from: #rektron on July 24, 2013, 05:45:53 PM
you haven't played any of the handheld zeldas before, right

if so, hope you like because this is one of the best ones~~

lol no i've played and beat this

i've also beaten oracle of seasons and got to like the half point of ages

and i beat minish cap on an emulator

Kalahari Inkantation

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Kalahari Inkantation

July 24, 2013, 10:35:34 PM #11343 Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:38:28 PM by #rektron
Quote from: N o t S i d on July 24, 2013, 10:04:51 PM
[spoiler]what u think[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

i'm not even sure what to think, i'm still contemplating how i feel about that ending

on one hand, it was really the only logical conclusion, joel had become too attached to ellie (it didn't help that to him she turned out to be an almost perfect replica of sarah) over the course of their journey and selfishly decided to live out the life he never had with his daughter vicariously through her

there was no way he was going to allow his second and very likely last chance at fatherhood to end so tragically for a second time at the hands of humans who "couldn't understand"

on the other hand, it's absolutely stunning and extremely bittersweet that naughty dog decided to stick to an ending that's so somber, joel and ellie (she was definitely aware of or at least suspected what joel had done, and joel knew that she knew) just acknowledge the gravity of joel's decision knowing that he's turned his back on humanity for his sake and his sake alone and that's that

and the fact that such a gripping tale had to conclude at all might make my feelings about it even more complicated, i was unrealistically hoping for a surprise chapter or post-credit dialogue or something to make it easier to swallow oh god[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

i particularly love how subtly the tale of joel's mental deterioration was told, though

it's almost funny how he had hand-crafted crafted his entire personality over the last twenty years such that he was impossible to emotionally compromise (or so he thought) after suffering such a heartbreaking loss

his initially harsh and dismissive and cold behavior (which didn't sit well with me at first) is exactly what would have saved the world had he been able to maintain it, but unfortunately for him, he gradually began to see ellie as a reincarnation of his daughter, and unfortunately for humanity, she was their only known chance to reverse their fortunes

but fug lol, i still almost can't believe it ended like that, jesus christ

it's the most bittersweet game i've ever played[/spoiler]

Thyme

TooB

Kalahari Inkantation

Thyme

ME##

Samus Aran

Thyme

i'm reserving it for spoopy shames month jackodood;

[spoiler]which is totes going to extend into november since i have quite a few games eligible for it lol[/spoiler]

TooB

Just got the original zelda in its box with manual. And map.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Chesty LaRue on July 25, 2013, 07:08:40 PM
Just got the original zelda in its box with manual. And map.
noice

i gotta get a gamecube controller again so i can pop in collector's edition and finally force my way through zelda ii
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Snowy

TooB

Go Up