May 09, 2024, 01:50:15 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Snowy

Quote from: N o t S i d on July 09, 2013, 07:54:41 PM
[spoiler]I made a blog post about this kind of. I do like that, but I feel maybe just a little bit  disappointed in the ending in that it didn't carry as much emotional weight as some scenes, like when Joel was impaled or when Ellie kills David. Or even at the beginning when Joel's daughter is gunned down. Though I'm still kind of digesting it and will probably think better on the ending as the weeks go by. Also I stopped at a weird place and picked it up today and i think it might have thrown off some of the pacing maybe. BUT I will say that the ending they give us fits the story perfectly, in a way similar to Red Deads (coincidentally) where, like you said, the developer kept with their themes and story and gave you an ending that you needed to happen. if any of that made sense. Maybe disappointed is the wrong word. idk

It's also weird for me cause it's like the first game i've played in a long time that's episodic and doesn't focus on free-roam extras after you beat the main story. [/spoiler]
[spoiler]I agree, the ending didn't have nearly as much impact as some of the other scenes, but I think that it was a pretty good ending. It really fit the characters well.[/spoiler]

TooB

TooB

My tales of xillia CE preorder is now paid off! yay

Thyme

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

last purchased: three copies of metro: last night goowan

TooB

Now working on paying off KH HD and project diva and disgaea D2

Unknown Entity

Last beat was Persona 4 about 3 weeks ago and currently playing Paper Mario.
Blood is red, bruises are blue. You better hide while I seek, I'm going to kill you~

Hiro

Just purchased: GTA III (still has the map!) for $1.25, thank you Brass Armadillo Antique Mall
also got a clear-red Dreamcast controller that looks brand new

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Snowy

Four copies of Metro Last Light
Scribblenauts Unlimited

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Snowy on July 11, 2013, 08:11:30 PM
Four copies of Metro Last Light

Have you gotten the codes for all four yet?  I've only received one. befuddlement

[spoiler]Not that I have any right to complain about this whatsoever. sillydood;[/spoiler]

Snowy

Quote from: #rektron on July 11, 2013, 08:17:31 PM
Have you gotten the codes for all four yet?  I've only received one. befuddlement

[spoiler]Not that I have any right to complain about this whatsoever. sillydood;[/spoiler]
I've only gotten one code too. I've heard that some people had their orders cancelled, so idk.

Kalahari Inkantation

i'm guessing that it was probably limited to one code per best buy account to begin with lol, none of the subsequent orders are going through because they'll likely be cancelled soon

Go Up