May 01, 2024, 03:45:05 PM

1,531,648 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Samus Aran

nolan north actually has a role in the last of us lol

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

ARE OYU FUCKING KIDDING ME GOD DAMMNIT WHAT IN THE FUCK GAME WHAT IN THE FUCK

Samus Aran

yeah, heartbreaking. so much of this game is just that.

speaking of which, i just finished it. the ending was...i'm not even sure how i feel about it.

this game is extremely well-written. that's what i'll say. it is morally ambiguous to say the least, and brutally violent in a sometimes disturbingly human way. the winter sequence really goes all-out.

fuck. i dunno. it's an amazing game. i still don't see almost any of polygon's complaints. i think the reviewer was terrible at video games or something. and particularly grumpy at the time.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Kaz on July 08, 2013, 12:08:24 AM

speaking of which, i just finished it. the ending was...i'm not even sure how i feel about it.

this game is extremely well-written. that's what i'll say. it is morally ambiguous to say the least, and brutally violent in a sometimes disturbingly human way. the winter sequence really goes all-out.

fuck. i dunno. it's an amazing game. i still don't see almost any of polygon's complaints. i think the reviewer was terrible at video games or something. and particularly grumpy at the time.

[spoiler]The end really lives up to the game's name.[/spoiler]

silvertone

Snowy

Quote from: Kaz on July 08, 2013, 12:08:24 AM

Honestly, it was hard for me to watch the end of the Winter portion. awdood;

TooB

Snowy

Max Payne is $10 on Newegg for the 360, os I got that and I'm ordering DMC Hd tomorrow

Nyerp

Commander Fuckass

beat The Bitcher 2.

best RPG I've played on the xbawks 360
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

ME##

Samus Aran

Quote from: N o t S i d on July 09, 2013, 07:38:25 PM
beat The Last of Us

[spoiler]how did you like that ending? i like that naughty dog stuck to their guns and kept to telling the story they wanted to tell without having to make joel be a good guy. he's selfish and he did it for himself and not for ellie, and he got more and more unstable and violent as the game progressed and he got more attached to ellie.

the obviously more "moral" choice, and probably what ellie wanted, was for her to die for the sake of mankind, but i dunno, it would have been weird for it to end on such a note and i'm glad naughty dog didn't do that. [/spoiler]

Quote from: Kaz on July 09, 2013, 07:42:05 PM
[spoiler]how did you like that ending? i like that naughty dog stuck to their guns and kept to telling the story they wanted to tell without having to make joel be a good guy. he's selfish and he did it for himself and not for ellie, and he got more and more unstable and violent as the game progressed and he got more attached to ellie.

the obviously more "moral" choice, and probably what ellie wanted, was for her to die for the sake of mankind, but i dunno, it would have been weird for it to end on such a note and i'm glad naughty dog didn't do that. [/spoiler]
[spoiler]I made a blog post about this kind of. I do like that, but I feel maybe just a little bit  disappointed in the ending in that it didn't carry as much emotional weight as some scenes, like when Joel was impaled or when Ellie kills David. Or even at the beginning when Joel's daughter is gunned down. Though I'm still kind of digesting it and will probably think better on the ending as the weeks go by. Also I stopped at a weird place and picked it up today and i think it might have thrown off some of the pacing maybe. BUT I will say that the ending they give us fits the story perfectly, in a way similar to Red Deads (coincidentally) where, like you said, the developer kept with their themes and story and gave you an ending that you needed to happen. if any of that made sense. Maybe disappointed is the wrong word. idk

It's also weird for me cause it's like the first game i've played in a long time that's episodic and doesn't focus on free-roam extras after you beat the main story. [/spoiler]

Go Up