May 08, 2024, 12:08:07 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

Samus Aran

Kalahari Inkantation

don't let's

I have played one or two of the earlier ones but I never owned any. And I would have been too embarrassed to actually own any when I was younger.

Thyme

Samus Aran

so i just finished the anniversary version of the original halo ce

here are my thoughts

the first five or six chapters are great. fun combat, good setpieces, pretty impressive enemy ai for a fps for sure

but...you forget all of that pretty quick once the game is in its final four chapters. because now, all you're doing is going backwards through areas you've already been in.

and now they're filled with the Flood, an enemy that really lives up to its name because the game incessantly spawns millions of them and it gets old really fast just shotgunning these things over and over and over and over and over and over and over because there is no other way to kill them with any sort of efficiency. use another weapon and it takes even longer. there's just that many of them and it's stupid.

and then there's the final chapter. the final "boss" is basically you need to blow the hell out of these engine couplers or whatever the fuck, and there's a cursor that shows you where to throw a grenade/shoot a rocket to blow said engine thingies up. but you can shoot at that exact spot over and over and it for some reason...just won't blow up. i don't know, maybe it's because it actually takes more than one hit, but it seemed to never be the same amount to finally get it to blow. it felt more like it was just missing, because there was no indication i was doing any damage until it finally just blew up randomly. maybe i'm required to have precision aiming now. with a rocket. to blow something up. precision aiming.

after this is the obligatory action game explosion-filled vehicle escape sequence. it could be good, except you have to drive a warthog. and everyone who's played halo knows that they control like complete ass. couple this with the fact that it also flips randomly during jumps for no reason...you're expected to make sharp turns around objects in your way, and if an explody flood enemy happens to be near you during an inevitable part where you get stuck for a moment, you're dead.

i don't know. 7/10. great first half, boring and repetitive second half, terrible ending. largely quite fun overall. except for the last chapter. great musical score, the updated graphics are nice and the graphics switching capability is cool.

don't let's

March 18, 2013, 12:09:31 AM #10102 Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:16:48 PM by Far Beyond Repair
Warthog physics in halo ce were the best. :(

And if you drive it enough times you can get the feel of the quirks mostly

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

silvertone

Commander Fuckass

ME##

why is dp acting like a prepubescent girl around kaz now

Commander Fuckass

silvertone

are u guys fighting over kaz....so he can steal ur virgin lips????????

Go Up