May 08, 2024, 11:42:01 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

right.... shitty controls? they're essentially the same as the rest. If you see differently, im not sure your playing the same game.
No styles? it doesn't need them, you have all styles at your disposal. with simple flicks of the d-pad, or holding left/right triggers.
better than dmc4? maybe, maybe not, but the best parts of 4 are there, meaning the angel lift/devil pull.
same exact thing as neros devil bringer.
the lookalike thing? SO WHAT!???
Dante being a dick? only in the first few levels. He's just as cocky as he ever was. His character becomes very likable by the end. He;s supposed to be a dick in the beginning.
and still complaining about ME3's ending? get over it. I loved the no-win solution to its ending. In a game about choices, its the one FINAL choice for you to make in the game. and like life, maybe there isnt a choice that is good.... oh well.
oh and before i forget..... no lock-on? also doesnt need it. the game handles it admirably. Ive never heard myself wishing for lock-on
i suppose you dont have to like the game, nobody HAS to like a game. but i still see no reason to not, other than "its not previous DMC games." perhaps also it trying to be "edgy." i dont much like that either, but it doesnt effect how fun the game is.

TooB

i also dont see how the plot makes no sense. what, the limbo thing?
Has DMC ever really had a noteworthy story?

TooB

and after that, you can say what you want now. ive said my piece.

ME##

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on February 07, 2013, 12:03:55 PM
The FF game I'm closest to beating.  I remember when I first got it. Got to some credits and was all "oh hey, that's pretty short." But then it was all, "nope, not the end. Now you gotta trek all over this place."
oh god.  go out and go get ffx lote ;-;
Quote from: HumuHumu...Tec on February 07, 2013, 12:01:11 PM
ugh, that game smithicide;

srsly

Snowy

Quote from: Lunchbox on February 07, 2013, 12:46:50 PM
right.... shitty controls? they're essentially the same as the rest. If you see differently, im not sure your playing the same game.
No styles? it doesn't need them, you have all styles at your disposal. with simple flicks of the d-pad, or holding left/right triggers.
better than dmc4? maybe, maybe not, but the best parts of 4 are there, meaning the angel lift/devil pull.
same exact thing as neros devil bringer.
the lookalike thing? SO WHAT!???
Dante being a dick? only in the first few levels. He's just as cocky as he ever was. His character becomes very likable by the end. He;s supposed to be a dick in the beginning.
and still complaining about ME3's ending? get over it. I loved the no-win solution to its ending. In a game about choices, its the one FINAL choice for you to make in the game. and like life, maybe there isnt a choice that is good.... oh well.
oh and before i forget..... no lock-on? also doesnt need it. the game handles it admirably. Ive never heard myself wishing for lock-on
i suppose you dont have to like the game, nobody HAS to like a game. but i still see no reason to not, other than "its not previous DMC games." perhaps also it trying to be "edgy." i dont much like that either, but it doesnt effect how fun the game is.
(I was replying to someone who mentioned ME3, which is why that seemed out of place)

No, I'm pretty sure I was playing DmC. It even said "DmC: Devil May Cry" right on the title screen!

That's a not a style there, buddy. I'm getting the feeling you never played DMC if you don't know the difference between styles and weapons.

Angel Lift/Devil Pull is nothing like Nero's Devil Bringer, with the exception of pulling enemies closer. That's about it.

I'd rather have quality over Tameem.

He's trying to be Dante but looks like Donte. He's conflicted. He's coming off as mean spirited BECAUSE of how he looks. He may ACT like the old Dante, but doesn't fit the part.

Then you haven't been fighting against multiple enemies I suppose. The game has you attack whichever is closest, so if you're trying to focus on a single enemy it's hard to. Lock-on would have improved the game so much, and would have made the controls better than the clusterfuck that they are. I shouldn't have to double tap up on the control stick to use Stinger. I should have to hold up and then go in for my combo like that.

Speaking of combos, it should take me more than 10 seconds to get to an SSS combo.

Oh trust me, I hate it for more reasons than "It's not DMC". That's actually pretty low on the list. n_u

Hiro

That was the single most retarded buttmad thing you've ever posted snowy goonish

silvertone

Snowy

Quote from: Snack Dad on February 07, 2013, 03:43:33 PM
That was the single most retarded buttmad thing you've ever posted snowy goonish
I didn't realize I was mad

Thank you for informing me

ME##

don't let's

Quote from: Dovydas on February 07, 2013, 01:15:35 PM
oh god.  go out and go get ffx lote ;-;
I also have IV and Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time on the DS and XIII on the 360.

silvertone

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on February 07, 2013, 05:52:56 PM
I also have IV and Crystal Chronicles Echoes of Time on the DS and XIII on the 360.
the 2 crystal chronicles games for the ds are the shit!!!!!!!!!

Hiro

Quote from: Snowy on February 07, 2013, 05:30:52 PM
I didn't realize I was mad

Thank you for informing me

[spoiler=mad ahead]
QuoteDmC is a horrible and shitty game.

QuoteI'd rather have the DMC series die off than have a second DmC. Any day.

QuoteTell me that DmC is better than DMC4 after playing DMC4 and actually use points other than "DmC LOOKS PRETTY AND IS NEW. BE GRATEFUL THAT THERE'S A NEW DMC." No, I'm not going to even entertain the thought

QuoteI've disliked the game since they put out footage of it.

QuoteBut then they turned him into the biggest shiteating cock on the face of the planet.

QuoteOf course I pirated it, I'm not ever going to support the company or their shitty game.

QuoteThey took a great game/series and an amazing character and shit all over it.

QuoteIf NT has to cut staff? Great. Less people to work on a shitty sequel. No more DMC? Great. No more shitty DmC sequels.

QuoteDonte is trying to be Dante and look 3edgy5me
[/spoiler]
seems p. mad to me ifeelbetter;

Classic

Snowy

Quote from: Snack Dad on February 07, 2013, 06:42:19 PM
[spoiler=mad ahead][/spoiler]
seems p. mad to me ifeelbetter;
I think it's funny that you know when I'm mad

Because I'm not

[spoiler]dp[/spoiler]

don't let's