May 01, 2024, 01:08:15 PM

1,531,648 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by reeper, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Classic

New Super Mario Bros. U is actually great. It doesn't feel like the New series at all, more of a continuation of Super Mario World. I admit the graphics are kind of a let down (bumped up models from previous games, higher-res textures game it look good, but it's really not showing what the Wii U can really do). Multiplayer is a blast. If you want to play the game (rather than just play the blocks) you must use 4 Wii Remotes (Wii Remotes MUST BE Wii Remote PLUS models. Original remotes are not compatible with Wii U). For solo play, you can use the Gamepad.

Nintendo Land is a great party game. Mario Chase and Luigi's Mansion have been the favorites. And the Zelda game is also pretty cool. I've yet to try them all, but I'll get back to you.

The console is very easy to navigate, everything is crisp and clear, and the menu music is really nice. The TV screen plays one part of the song for the menus, while the Gamepad adds bass, percussion or melody parts. A very nice touch. A lot of online features are a bit slow (official reason: high volume of users) and everything is still being kinked out. It all looks promising.

If you guys have any questions, let me know.

Snowy

Quote from: ilovesloths on November 18, 2012, 10:32:43 PM
Quote from: Snowy on November 17, 2012, 05:12:29 PM
P4G and Sony Smash Bros on Tuesday. So excite. giggle;

curious about boyah's opinions on this
i played a demo at target and i was unimpressed, but i didn't really have time to figure things out and i was just playing against npcs
I'm honestly not that excited for SSB. goowan It'll be fun if other Boyagers get it but I don't see myself playing it alone a whole bunch. I'm just really excited to get P4G.
Quote from: Lunchbox on November 18, 2012, 09:34:54 PM
zero escape: virtues last reward hopefully on wed.
look forward to it.
I heard VLR was really good.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: ClassicTyler on November 18, 2012, 11:00:25 PM
New Super Mario Bros. U is actually great. It doesn't feel like the New series at all, more of a continuation of Super Mario World. I admit the graphics are kind of a let down (bumped up models from previous games, higher-res textures game it look good, but it's really not showing what the Wii U can really do). Multiplayer is a blast. If you want to play the game (rather than just play the blocks) you must use 4 Wii Remotes (Wii Remotes MUST BE Wii Remote PLUS models. Original remotes are not compatible with Wii U). For solo play, you can use the Gamepad.

Nintendo Land is a great party game. Mario Chase and Luigi's Mansion have been the favorites. And the Zelda game is also pretty cool. I've yet to try them all, but I'll get back to you.

The console is very easy to navigate, everything is crisp and clear, and the menu music is really nice. The TV screen plays one part of the song for the menus, while the Gamepad adds bass, percussion or melody parts. A very nice touch. A lot of online features are a bit slow (official reason: high volume of users) and everything is still being kinked out. It all looks promising.

If you guys have any questions, let me know.
lol

anyway bought a new Gamecube and Paper Mario and The Thousand Year Door

MY THANKSGIVING WEEK IS SET IN STONE
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

(Wii Remotes MUST BE Wii Remote PLUS models. Original remotes are not compatible with Wii U)

are you fucking kidding me

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Fuck on November 19, 2012, 09:09:55 AM
(Wii Remotes MUST BE Wii Remote PLUS models. Original remotes are not compatible with Wii U)

i thought this was known for awhile now. huhdoodame;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Classic

Quote from: Kefka on November 19, 2012, 09:16:45 AM

They've mentioned this many times now.

Snowy

Quote from: ClassicTyler on November 19, 2012, 09:28:58 AM

That's... somewhat silly. akudood; I only have one motion plus remote and I have 3 or 4 plain ones. I'm not buying more. akudood;

strongbad

Quote from: Snowy on November 19, 2012, 10:01:52 AM

That's... somewhat silly. akudood; I only have one motion plus remote and I have 3 or 4 plain ones. I'm not buying more. akudood;

cant you get adapters?

Snowy

Quote from: ilovesloths on November 19, 2012, 11:15:38 AM
Quote from: Snowy on November 19, 2012, 10:01:52 AM

cant you get adapters?
Yes but I shouldn't have to. akudood;

Hiro

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on November 19, 2012, 04:08:22 AM
Quote from: ilovesloths on November 18, 2012, 10:32:43 PM
Quote from: Snowy on November 17, 2012, 05:12:29 PM
P4G and Sony Smash Bros on Tuesday. So excite. giggle;

Quote from: Lunchbox on November 18, 2012, 09:34:54 PM
zero escape: virtues last reward hopefully on wed.
look forward to it.
I heard VLR was really good.

well, if its anything like 999, (which is should be, considering its a sequel) then it will be fine.

Thyme

to commemorate the release of sony's most recent and long-awaited AAA title, playstation all-stars battle royale, i purchased
[spoiler]ssbb and a classic controller[/spoiler]

Nyerp

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on November 20, 2012, 01:27:14 PM
to commemorate the release of sony's most recent and long-awaited AAA title, playstation all-stars battle royale, i purchased
[spoiler]ssbb and a classic controller[/spoiler]
noice

Kalahari Inkantation

about to start the journey collection, beginning with flow

Go Up