May 08, 2024, 04:53:03 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

TooB

Quote from: Pancake Persona on September 09, 2012, 05:50:42 PM
srsly

I liked the cutscenes and characters, but I just couldn't like the puzzles.

it would've been better if they'd just gone with a visual novel approach, because i actually enjoyed sitting around and talking in the bar

well, thats basically what i meant. if it were a movie....

TooB

Quote from: Snowy on September 09, 2012, 06:04:06 PM
I thought Catherine was fun.

well, im not condemning anyone for liking the game, but i share lawlz  position, i didnt like how the only gameplay was block puzzles.

Snowy

Quote from: feyd666 on September 09, 2012, 06:07:43 PM
well, im not condemning anyone for liking the game, but i share lawlz  position, i didnt like how the only gameplay was block puzzles.
[spoiler]That's why I got it goowan[/spoiler]

TooB

Samus Aran

Quote from: Fuck on September 09, 2012, 05:15:37 PM
it basically tries to be an interactive anime, with most of the gameplay time being spent in cutscenes with QTEs, interspersed with beat-em-up action sequences goowan

from what i've heard, the 3d action parts are pretty poorly programmed

apparently the only reason to play it is that visually it's very pretty, otherwise it's pointless

Snowy

Quote from: Fuck on September 09, 2012, 05:15:37 PM
it basically tries to be an interactive anime, with most of the gameplay time being spent in cutscenes with QTEs, interspersed with beat-em-up action sequences goowan
That sounds interesting, almost. But I don't think I'd ever want to play.

Thyme

i'd rent it goowan

i've been meaning to try it since angry joe reviewed it

Classic

I downloaded the Theaterrhythm Final Fantasy Demo. It's cute.  giggle;

Placebo Headwound

I enjoyed Catherine enough to get the platinum trophy. vuvudood;

Also, probably gonna start replaying Demon's Souls soon, just finished getting the platinum trophy for Dark Souls.

Hiro

Quote from: Pancake Persona on September 09, 2012, 11:03:28 AM
i would've liked catherine if it weren't for the shitty puzzles

i hate block pushing games  akudood;

Also, I gave up at the end where you had to guide your girlfriend up to the top. I tried it once and realized my fate was determined by the shitty AI.
When I played the demo I didn't care for the puzzles at all, but I actually thought they were quite fun in the game (aside from the level that took me forever, which was fucking awful)
also that part isn't the end of the game at all goowan but seriously you got stuck at that part? It was incredibly easy, the AI was perfectly fine the entire time.

Quote from: feyd666 on September 09, 2012, 05:26:10 PM
Catherine is basically modern q-bert, with anime angst thrown in
suffice it to say, i didnt like playing the game very much.

now, if it were an anime movie, it woulda been WAAAAYY better to watch.
i think the only people that would compare it to q-bert are those that saw one gameplay video but never played it goonish
also it wasn't really "angsty"

Quote from: Pancake Persona on September 09, 2012, 05:50:42 PM
srsly

I liked the cutscenes and characters, but I just couldn't like the puzzles.

it would've been better if they'd just gone with a visual novel approach, because i actually enjoyed sitting around and talking in the bar
if it was just the non-puzzle parts of the game it probably would have been about as good to me, that really was the best part of it all. it really was just half-interactive anime and half-puzzle game.

still, the whole game was really beautiful, and I think I liked the in-game cut scenes better than the anime ones. it was just so nice looking, and every aspect of the game had excellent style.

Snowy

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on September 09, 2012, 11:55:28 PM
Jeebus akudood;

How long did it take to get all the endings?

Hiro

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on September 09, 2012, 11:55:28 PM
i would consider doing this but I have so many other games that I haven't played through, and watching videos of all the other endings, I wouldn't be as satisfied with them. I also found some of the puzzles too hard to play on a higher difficulty

Placebo Headwound

I think my total playtime was somewhere between 40-50 hours.

silvertone

Snowy

Go Up