May 08, 2024, 01:54:54 AM

1,531,622 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Recently purchased, played & beaten

Started by The artist formally known, November 08, 2007, 01:43:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

TooB

i have to agree with snowy, i like demon better. dark to me, just had more random elements put in it to make it artifiacially more difficult than demon. but thats just how it seemed to me.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: Placebo Headwound on September 06, 2012, 12:45:08 AM
Hey Lawlz, what did you think of Dark Souls and how do you like it compared to Demon Souls?

I've been replaying it recently. akudood;
I liked the darker tone of Demon's Souls and I feel like something about the combat was better. I don't know what it was, but Dark Souls was lacking something.

However, I think the openness of Dark Souls's world was really nice, but the levels themselves seemed a little less memorable to me. I just feel like the traps and enemy layout in Demon's Souls was a little more unpredictable but well-designed.

demon's souls had better characters, definitely.

with bosses, i'd say that dark souls is better overall, but the best ones in demon's souls are really good.

Also, Dark Souls was substantially easier, but I think that's mostly because of the better checkpoint system.

overall i'm not sure.

Dark Souls is more replayable, but I think Demon's Souls has a greater lasting impression. I cared more about the characters and story in it than I did Dark Souls. Dark Souls was less frustrating so I probably prefer it just a tiny bit, but I want a sequel that's closer to Demon's Souls with the amount of content of Dark Souls.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Andria

Dungeon Defenders and Torchlight 2

I can't wait for Torchlight 2 to come out

Hiro

Started a new file on Final Fantasy IX friday night and played for about 10 hours or so, currently at Freya's home town right now. I have to say I am officially in love with this game, definitely the best final fantasy i've played.

saturday afternoon my friend lent me his copy of catherine and told me to answer as honestly as possible
I thought the game would only be about 8 hours long so I decided to play it all in one sitting, but it ended up being like 11 or 12 hours long, even though I felt like I was at the last part of the game about 8 times, which got really annoying. The last couple levels were also incredibly frustrating, I played one level for about 2 hours straight, about 100 retries, and I was so tired and it was very dark in the room so I was just super out of it the whole time, ended up beating that level by playing it in a day that it probably shouldn't be played (destroying all boxes besides a linear path)
aside from the annoyances at the end though I would say catherine is much better than I was expecting it to be. It was a really beautiful, intelligent, and peculiar game for sure. Would definitely recommend it to anyone. I'd like to replay it eventually due to thew multiple endings as well.[spoiler] I got the best katherine ending thumbup;[/spoiler]

i think the games i'll be playing now will be final fantasy ix, metal gear solid, mass effect 2, and persona 4. probably harvest moon as well (either 64 or magical melody) since skylark has been playing it and re-sparked my interest in the series
i think she's going to get rune factory wii as which i'm excited for

ncba93ivyase

i would've liked catherine if it weren't for the shitty puzzles

i hate block pushing games  akudood;

Also, I gave up at the end where you had to guide your girlfriend up to the top. I tried it once and realized my fate was determined by the shitty AI.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

ME##

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

ME##

Nyerp

Snowy

Nyerp

it basically tries to be an interactive anime, with most of the gameplay time being spent in cutscenes with QTEs, interspersed with beat-em-up action sequences goowan

TooB

September 09, 2012, 05:26:10 PM #8757 Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 05:33:35 PM by feyd666
Catherine is basically modern q-bert, with anime angst thrown in
suffice it to say, i didnt like playing the game very much.

now, if it were an anime movie, it woulda been WAAAAYY better to watch.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: feyd666 on September 09, 2012, 05:26:10 PM
Catherine is basically modern q-bert, with anime angst thrown in
suffice it to say, i didnt like playing the game very much.

now, if it were an anime movie, it woulda been WAAAAYY better to watch.
srsly

I liked the cutscenes and characters, but I just couldn't like the puzzles.

it would've been better if they'd just gone with a visual novel approach, because i actually enjoyed sitting around and talking in the bar

Snowy

Go Up